Scotty

"Scotty, please calm down. It's no big deal. I'll alert you when something happens, just go to work I'm fine." You insist to your husband Scotty. Technically, Scott was both of your last names, but Scotty was a nickname and suited him.

"You can barely stand up." He insisted, laughing to himself. You were forty weeks and five days pregnant. Five days past your due date.

"I'm just big. I'll be fine, go." You try and tell him, leaning over to slap his leg.

"Stand up okay and I'll go." Scotty said, folding his arms on his chest.

"Fine." You said, slowly sitting up. It was a very very hard thing to do without help.

"You can't do it, can you." Scotty laughed, still having his arms folded.

"You try weighing twenty extra pounds and being all big and round and swollen." You snap, laying back down. "Plus, I've never done this before. It's my first time being pregnant."

"I suppose, but I'm staying." Scotty insisted, sitting down.

"No!" You moan, rolling your eyes. "You can come in and check up every couple hours, just shut up and go to work."

"Just shut up and go to work. Meh meh meh. Fine. But I'm checking up on you a lot." Scotty complied, getting up. "Don't do too much, be careful."

"I will." You tell him. He kissed your before kissing your stomach and then leaving.

"Mr. Scott, are you alright?" An ensign asked his boss. Scotty was jittery and fidgety today.

"No. My wife's pregnant and she's over her due date so I'm nervous to leave her." Scotty muttered, dropping a tool.

"Maybe you should sit down sir. It wouldn't be good to break something." The ensign insisted, trying to get Scotty to sit and relax.

"Sickbay to Mr. Scott." The com on the wall rang.

"Yes, is it Y/N!" Scotty yelled, excitedly fumbling towards the wall.

"Yes, she is in labor." The nurse or doctor said. "Please come to sickbay."

"Oh I'll be there." Scotty said before running out the door. He stopped at the door frame. "This is exciting!" He yelled before continuing to run.

At about four in the morning you had a baby boy. Scotty was thrilled refused to let anyone hold him, even you. He would always mumble, "he's my son too and I love him." Before protectively moving away.

"Scotty, for gods sake, let me hold Ashton." You say, motioning to your son. Scotty let you name him. Ashton Scott. He was quite an adorable little boy.

"But I love him." Scotty mumbled, looking down at the baby in his arms.

"I know, but I love him too. Please." You insist, reaching out towards them. Reluctantly, Scotty handed you the baby. You were tired and could only hold Ashton for about twenty minutes before you were going to fall asleep.

"He's mine now." Scotty mumbled, taking the baby as you fell asleep. "All mine."

"Don't do something stupid. No taking him to engineering." You tell him, yawning.

"I won't. Love you." Scotty mumbled, sitting in a chair with the baby as you fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Requested by JustALittleTrekkie
Hope you liked it!