Chekov

"Got a girlfriend yet Chekov?" Jim Kirk asked, putting his hand on the back of the ensigns chair. He leaned on the console to be able to see Chekov easier without falling over.

"Not yet sir." Pavel Chekov answered, trying to ignore the obviously bored captain. Kirk just rolled his eyes and leaned on the console.

"There's got to be someone.." Kirk mumbled, smirking at Chekov. Chekov just sighed and continued to work.

"It's no fun to mess with you if you don't react." Sulu pointed out, poking Chekov in the arm.

"There's no one. Can I just work?" Chekov asked, annoyed. Kirk and Sulu sighed before nodding and going back to their work.

Pavel Chekov was lying. He liked a beautiful girl called Y/N. He would never let the captain know, it was too weird.

Two weeks later, an explosion in engineering occurred. You worked around that sector and you were critically injured in the blast. Pavel Chekov raced to sickbay to see if you were alright.

"Is she alright?!" Pavel frantically asked, trying to squirm out of Doctor McCoy's grasp to get to you.

"It's not looking good kid. I don't think she'll make it.." McCoy said, finding Pavel's fight getting smaller and smaller once he heard the news.

"No..." Pavel mumbled, sinking to the ground. He would never get to ask you out. Ever. It was too late now. You would never know how he really felt.

"You can talk to her. She can hear you." McCoy told him, putting a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to be comforting.

Pavel nodded and walked beside your bed. "I'm so sorry Y/N...I love you.. I never got a chance to tell you because of this..but I love you a lot...this is Pavel Chekov talking by the way.."

You twitched, but didn't wake up. You didn't feel any pain, but you could hear things.

A few weeks later, you had recovered a little. You woke up from a coma, greeted by many doctors. After they all finished their exams, Pavel Chekov came.

"Hello.." He mumbled, slowly walking in. "I just wanted to say hi.. I'll see you later.."

"Pavel wait, I love you too." You say, causing a smile to form on his face.

~~~~

Requested by BroadwayFan
Hope you enjoyed!