Sulu

**I hope that when I wake up this book is at 100k it's so unbelievably close...
Requested by JustALittleTrekkie
Hope you enjoy!
Sorry it's short though!
Even though there is only 7 chapters left, requests are open**

Hikaru Sulu has always kept a picture of a girl that looks quite a bit like him on his console. She was young, no more than eight, and smiling pretty for whoever was taking the picture.

You had asked around on the bridge, no one new who she was. Eventually, since you and Hikaru were dating, you worked up the nerve to ask.

"She's my daughter.." Hikaru murmured, gazing at the picture. He looked sad, probably missed her tons. "Her name is Demora. She lives with her mother right now. Always has really."

"Awww Hikaru." You say, wrapping your arms around him and kissing his cheek. He blushed slightly, the color in his face barely changing. 

"I miss her a ton so I keep that picture on my console. As much as I love you, I miss my daughter and I even miss her mother. Not in a romantic source, that wasn't ever really there, but she's a good friend." He explained, stumbling at the end to reclaim that he was not cheating.

"I got it I got it don't worry. I trust you." You had to reassure. Hikaru nodded and smiled again, hugging you.

"Thanks for not be mad.."

"I would never be angry at you for this. We weren't together. There was nothing I could've done, I didn't even know you at the time." You insist, continuing to calm his nerves.

"Want to meet her?" Hikaru asked, his eyes suddenly filling with hope. You smile, nodding.

"I'd love to."

Later that night, Hikaru arranged a call home to Demora and her mother. The little girl answered, her expression changing from bored to excited in a split second.

"DAD!!!!" She screamed, bouncing up and down in her chair. You knew she was seven years old, she looked older in the picture, but you understood why she acted so young.

"Hey sweetie!" Hikaru exclaimed, a massive grin on his face.

"Who's with you??" Demora instantly questioned, moving her face closer to the screen to try and see you.

"I'm Y/N."

"She's my girlfriend here." Hikaru finished, holding your hand under the table.

"Is she gonna be my other mommy????" Demora whispered, obviously unaware you could still hear.

"We'll see. We'll see." Hikaru whispered back, kissing your cheek. You blushed, watching as Demora grinned ear to ear.

"Demora! Bedtime!" A woman called out of the room, her mother you guessed.

"Talk to you tomorrow dad. Please? Love you." She added before turning the monitor off.

"Love you.." Hikaru whispered, tapping the black screen.

"She's something." You state, kissing his cheek. "But a good something."

"Yeah.. She really is."