McCoy

You and Jim Kirk had been close for years. Ever since you two met in class at StarFleet Academy, you two were instantly friends. He'd asked you out on numerous occasions, but you've always declined. You liked someone else, Leonard McCoy. Jim's, and yours, best friend.

He was always handsome in your opinion, a little bit older than you, but still handsome. He always looked familiar to you, but you never knew where from.

You walked through the hallway at school. It was your freshmen year at high-school. Books were falling out in every direction as you walked, causing you to stumble to try and catch them. Eventually you just gave up and let all the books fall.

Sighing, you dropped to your knees and started to pile them up. "Need a little help, darling?" A boy asked, kneeling down by you. He started to stack the books before you could answer.

"Thanks." You say, looking up. You nearly squeaked at the person in front of you. He was extremely hot, most likely a senior in high-school. Junior at least.

"I'm Leonard, you can call me Leo if you want to." He said, helping you stack some books into your arms before taking some in his arms.

"I'm Y/N. Do you know where Briggman's class is? I'm new." You say, laughing awkwardly. Leonard nodded and pointed to a room down the hall.

"I'll walk you there. You're a freshmen I take it?" He asked, looking at the books of yours he was holding.

"Yes I am. And if you haven't read that book you better." You say, pointing with one finger the best you can due to all the books in your arms.

"The Giver?" Leonard asked, looking at the book. You'd read it many times in the past, but you always loved it.

"Well, this is my class. Maybe I'll see you some other time?" You ask, setting your stuff down at a desk.

"Sadly darling that won't happen. This is my last day, I'm switching schools. States actually. It was nice to meet you though and I'm glad I did." Leonard said, grinning wide.

"Oh...." You say, can't helping from feeling sad. He kissed your cheek and smiled.

"I'll have to keep the Giver in mind. Maybe I'll see you sometime, Y/N." Leonard said before the bell rang. He cursed and ran out, his shoes squeaking as he ran down the hall to his class.

"Whatcha reading, Len?" You ask, sitting across from him in sickbay.

"The Giver." Leonard said, barely looking up. "A person I met in high-school for one day suggested it. I never got around to it. But I did now."

"Huh. Weird. I suggested the Giver to someone I only knew for a day in high- school." You say, smiling. "His name actually was Leonard..."

"Her name was Y/N.." Leonard added, slowly looking up from the book and over at you.

"High-school in Georgia... A title that's too hard to remember..." You two simultaneously say, jumping up.

"Leonard."

"Y/N."

You both pull each other into a long hug, your head in his chest.

"Uh...guys?" Jim asked, walking into Leonard's office. You two moved away, awkwardly shifting in your feet. "Are you two going out now? Cause if you are, Bones if you hurt her.."

"No no, we aren't going out. Just realized something." You say, admitting to the truth. Jim rolled his eyes and laughed.

"You realized your undying love for each other?" Jim asked, still laughing. Leonard glared daggers at him and punched his arm. Jim looked hurt and rolled his eyes again.

"What do you need Jim?" McCoy asked, getting ready to throw another punch.

"Just needed a bandage for a cut in my hand. Possibly stitches. Never mind now. As I said, you hurt her you die." Jim says, walking back into the normal sickbay.

"Want to go out sometime?" Leonard asked, stuttering as he spoke. You nod and kiss his cheek.

"I'd like that. Now, I should go take care of James." You say, laughing as you go out to take care of Jin.

~~~~

Requested by BroadwayFan
Hope you enjoyed!
The picture's are of young Karl Urban. Is it just me or does he look like Thomas Brodie-Sangster.