Promise

Hello little nerds! Don't worry about requests. I'm work hard on them! They will be posted after this chapter!

Third person P.O.V

Out of all the things (y/n) asked for, there was one thing she always hoped to receive from her best friend hiro.

It wasn't an object.

It wasn't worth money.

But it was far more special than those. You just couldn't put a price tag on her one wish.

It was a promise.

That's what she really wanted. A promise that no matter what would happen, she and hiro would stay close through thick and thin.

But, time was running out.

Of course it does! It may sound cliché but to bad! This is how the story goes!

(Y/n) only wished for that promise. But hiro would avoid the question day after day.

No answer was ever given.

(Y/n) P.O.V

"So... Whatcha working on nerd?" I asked wearily.

"Not much." Hiro started

"Well... See you around?" I asked.

"I-i guess." He stuttered. I placed a hand in his shoulder, causing him to tense up.

"Promise we will always be friends?" I asked for the fifth time this week.

Hiro's P.O.V

She asked the same thing again! I want to say yes but I feel like a piece of me died.

I want to be more than friends with her but I just don't know how to tell her...

3rd person P.O.V

(Y/n) sadly sighed. "Don't bother." She walked out of the building where her mother was, waiting for her at the car.  She quickly hopped in prayed that the results were negative.

But they were positive.

(Y/n) had cancer.

The hospital soon enough told her that she had lung cancer and her whole world crashed down on top of her.

Her only thought was Hiro. He already lost his brother and parents, she didn't want him to suffer more.

The hospital admitted her in and hooked her up to multiple machines. They gave her medication and chemotherapy but it hurt.

The gang eventually came around to visit but the talks were only small. Only Hiro never knew.

It was her last wish, for him to manage to move on from her and never find out she died.

But Hiro did find out. And he felt himself being picked up and thrown back into the familiar hole of darkness.

As soon as he heard the news, he bolted up from his seat in class and ran out of the building, in hopes to see (y/n) one more time.

Tears splattered down his face as he ran, pushing past people roughly and knocking some to their feet.

Hiro's P.O.V

"PLEASE MOVE!" I yelled as I ran past people. I didn't care what they thought, a boy crying and yelling. The love of my life was about to die!

I ran across a street, nearly getting run over. I crossed another street until I saw the hospital in front of me.

Bursting through the doors, I ran up to the receptionist. "(Y/n)... (L/n)" I mumbled.

"Room 34 a" she stated. I grabbed a box of tissues and ran, using about fifty percent of what was left.

Once I got to her room. I slammed through the door, nearly breaking it. I dropped the tissues and box and ran to her bed.

(Y/n) P.O.V

"Hiro?!" I squeaked.

"(Y/N)!" He cried, hugging me tightly.  "Why didn't you tell me?" He whimper.

"I didn't want you to suffer..." I replied slowly.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.

"It's okay, really Hiro... But, can you promise that you will move on? Not forget me and be my friend no matter what?" I asked.

"(Y/n)-"

"Hiro." I interrupted.

"But-"

"Cross your heart hope to die, stick a needle through your eye?" I asked him once more. Hiro sighed as tears leaked from his eyes and grasped my hand tightly.

I can't promise you that." He stated. My eyes welled up with tears. I was going to die and this is the last thing I would remember. "Because I ... I love you (y/n) and ... I can't believe I never told you." He whispered.

"Oh hiro..." I mumbled, shocked at his words. More tears fell from our eyes as Hiro engulfed me in a tight hug. It hurt when he did so but it also took a great deal of pain off my shoulders.

"So ... Can I ask you something?" Hiro asked. I nodded. "Do you promise, no matter what happens, you will remember me and forever love me?" He asked.

I smiled faintly. "Only if you promise to move on and not dwell on the past, I'll still be here in your heart... Please don't be sad." I whispered. He went silent.

"Cross my heart."