Yesterday 15 Years Ago

I am finally getting back on track with all my requests! I know it seems like i don't have many but i do refer to my ask and dare book to and my hiro x reader story which i am in the process of completing FINALLY. Anyways, this is the first request from Sky_Winter_Frost and the next chapter will be the second request form them, i hope you like it - the song used in this one shot was very sweet and it's called "Sad Song" by We The Kings ft Elena Coats... Enjoy!

3rd Person P.O.V

"You and I,
We're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky.
With you, I'm alive
Like all the missing pieces of my heart, they finally collide." 

(Y/n) sighed as she rubbed her head, the headache she fell asleep with only seemed to follow her through to the next day. She sat up from her warm and comforting bed, waiting patiently as the dizzy feeling where blood rushed way to fast to her head consumed her. White and black splotches had clouded her vision as she stumbled around blindly out of her bed, feeling with her feet and hands for the  comforting familiarity of her bedroom door.

It had been fifteen years since Hiro had left San Fransokyo. Everyone was proud of him, everyone was happy for him, all the congratulation gifts he was given, all the praise he received, (Y/n) remembered it all as if it were yesterday. It was yesterday. Her brain told her, coaxing her to believe that "Yesterday" hadn't happened 15 years ago and that "yesterday" was still recent.

"So stop time right here in the moonlight,
'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes."

(Y/n) knew what she was doing to herself, everyone knew what she was doing to herself, and yet she couldn't stop. It was only yesterday, you don't have to rush the moving on process... it was only yesterday.

She sighed as she tiredly made her way through her empty apartment. "Find someone and settle down." Her mother had said. "It will do you good."

"I can't forget him that easily." (Y/n) had replied, "It was only yesterday."

"Without you, I feel broke.
Like I'm half of a whole.
Without you, I've got no hand to hold.
Without you, I feel torn.
Like a sail in a storm.
Without you, I'm just a sad song.
I'm just a sad song."

She poured a fresh cup of coffee as she sat at the kitchen counter, it was the weekend, not that she noticed, her body ran it's own clock and seemed to just always know when things were and why they happened, her brain caused her to forget to control herself, she was possessed, possessed by the thought of him.

She knew deep in her heart that "yesterday" was a long time ago. She never listened to the voice that repeated it however, she chose to follow her brain that was fully caffeinated and willing to tell her what ever she wanted. 

"With you I fall.
It's like I'm leaving all my past in silhouettes upon the wall.
With you I'm a beautiful mess.
It's like we're standing hand in hand with all our fears upon the edge."

(Y/n) awoke with a start, the evening dull and lifeless, much like the feeling in her heart. Sleep wouldn't cut it, sleep wouldn't fix it, she had just to much energy pent up inside. Half awake and not concentrating at all, she allowed her brain to instruct her feet to move. In the dead of night, as no car passed her by, she made her way to the place she last saw him. "Aunt Cass?" she called as the middle aged woman answered the door.

Aunt Cass expected the girl to have come some time or later, setting up a small table and offering a small pastry, she waited for (Y/n) to initiate the anticipated conversation. "It was only yesterday...he was just here." she sniffed. "I miss him already."