A Brother's Rule (pt 1)

Another update! For this one shot, I'm going to be referring to two of my most reliable Big Hero 6 sources: The Journal of Hiro Hamada and Hiro and Tadashi.

(Y/n) P.O.V

I frowned in confusion as the group of four sat around the table, attempting to explain Hiro's sudden girly mood swing.

As far as I was concerned, he was experiencing what is called a "man period".

"No so," Fred began, speaking with his mouth full of food, "he like, has this thing that you like, broke." I frowned as the pieces of the puzzle lay there, not fitting together

"Broke something?" I asked.

"No, so... Well..." Honey Lemon mumbled. She leaned over across the table and the whole group followed on instinct. "Do you remember us talking about... His brother Tadashi?"

My blood went cold as I nodded my head in fear, "please don't tell me I did something to push his button?" I begged.

"Ding, ding, ding, 100 points to you." GoGo whispered. We all moved back as I sighed.

"Oh gosh... I feel really bad... But... What exactly did I say that got him all upset?"

"It was one of the Hamada Bro Rules." Wasabi explained.

"Hamada Bro?-"

"Rules, yes." GoGo cut in.

"Tadashi and Hiro were very close as you know, they were so close that they made up a bunch of rules which stated that to be a Hamada brother, you had to follow the rules..." Honey Lemon explained.

"As far as I know, Hiro still creates them in this little journal Tadashi gave him although he doesn't mention what they are." Fred piped up.

"So I could have said anything and we wouldn't know what rule I broke?! How would you know I broke a rule?" I asked.

"Oh that ones easy, he always acts the same way when ever we break a rule by accident." GoGo answered.

I folded my arms. "Then... How do I apologies?"

"Took us a while but we figured it out after Fred broke like fifty of them, you just gotta find something Hiro can relate to with his brother and then he may see you in a different way." Said wasabi.

My eyes widened. "Where can I find all the rules?"

"They aren't written anywhere, the best chance you got is looking in his journal, we can admit that it took a while but he mentions "sticking to rule" so and so in there." Honey Lemon said.

"But don't let him catch you..." Fred warned.

"Surely there has to be another way about this?" I asked. "Perhaps if I look around his room? I don't have classes for the rest of the day but I know Hiro has something till 10:30 tonight, that gives me plenty of time!" I said.

"Okay but Hiro better not find out you were snooping." GoGo pointed out as I nodded.

"Will do."

As soon as the lunch bell rang, I snuck out of the building, sneaking was the only way due to Hiro taking the same route as the only exit.

I swear the gang made fun of me, I looked like a complete doofus, especially when I turned a corner to see him, Honey Lemon was muttering behind as the gang's class was close to the exit.

Luckily Hiro was on his phone and didn't look up until I had dived into the janitors closet, quite literally, I created so much noise that Hiro began to make his way towards me.

If it weren't for GoGo guiding him away, I'd probably have been yelled at for leaving- usually I have to get a permission slip but Hiro would have found out I left, something I never do, I always wait for the gang.

I slipped away and ran towards the cafe, busting through the front door and rushing past the cashier, Aunt Cass hadn't noticed me as she was in the kitchen.

I ran up the stairs and straight to the boy's room, ripping open his desk drawers to find nothing but note books for inventions.

Piles and piles of note books, old and tattered and a few girly ones to, I guess he wrote in whatever he could.

I closed the drawers gently, aware that Aunt Cass may have heard my racket.

His desk was empty and there was no trace of the so called "journal" the gang had described, perhaps he had it with him?

I looked above at his cork board for anything but it wasn't until I lifted four papers up that I saw a small, yellow sticky note with a red thumbtack in it.

The signature, scrawly handwriting  spelling out the words: I know Tadashi, I gotta keep trying, Hamada brothers don't just reach for the stars, they reach for the flying cats!