Life as a Game (SPOILERS FOR ACTUAL STORY)

I'm so sorry I haven't been updating this book- as an "I'm sorry gift" I'll let you guys read this.

Before you start there is somethings you should know- this is the final chapter of one of my other books which I have currently not finished- I tried my best to cut it down so spoilers are not revealed but here you go!

Also this is the only chapter that exceeds my usual 800 word max and minimum.

Enjoy!

*Spoilers for actual story "Life as a Game"*

"Well, think about it." Hiro said. "Life is like a game." He pulled out a monopoly board from under his bed and placed two pawns on the start.

(Y/n) frowned as she placed her phone against her ear. "What do you mean?" She asked, waiting for him to reply.

Hiro pushed one of the pawns to the first square. "Well... In a game, we all start at the same square." He rolled a die and watched as the number landed on six.

"Yeah... What about it?" (Y/n) asked.

"Well," Hiro said, moving the pawn six spaces and rolling again. "The game eventually ends when the first person reaches the finishing square."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, "Are you playing a game of Monopoly by yourself?" Hiro laughed.

"Yeah... But that's not the point... During the game, you may land on... A bad square." He moved the second pawn to the go to jail square. "And that may be hard to get out of. But with the roll of a die... You carry on."

"I still don't see what this has to do with life." (Y/n) replied, trying to picture Hiro playing a lonesome game of monopoly.

"Well... What does the start and finish square have in common?" He asked.

(Y/n) went silent as she pictured the game board. "They are the same square." She finally answered.

"Exactly." Hiro said, "because you finish where you start."

"I'm sorry but I'm a little slow..." (Y/n) apologised.

"Well, you started here, in the Lucky Cat cafe... Took the bad square, go to jail if you will, and got separated from us... Fought for the property and houses on the game board by fighting for what is yours and defeating the bad guys, then finally... After the lucky roll of the die-"

Hiro heard (Y/n)'s gasp on the phone. "I finished where I started!" Hiro smiled as (y/n) finally understood the message, he pushed the the two pawns on the game board after he landed on the advance to start square, smiling at the little figures.

"Yeah... You finish where you start... And it just so happens to be that the lucky cat cafe is where we started."

"And is where we finish..." (Y/n) smiled as she walked around the block, eyeing the lucky cat cafe in view, entering it and ending the call with her friend.

She waved outside to Fred who was flipping a sign for the cafe before grinning.

She passed Honey Lemon who was running the register and wasabi who was baking in the kitchen.

She smiled and waved at GoGo who was handing out orders faster than any waitress she had ever seen.

Together, her new group of friends managed to save the Cafe and their home, being old enough for proper jobs.

(Y/n) grinned and walked up the stairs, passing Honey Lemon and GoGo's room and wasabi and Fred's. She continued to walk until she made it up to her and Hiro's room, knocking against the wall and grinning at the sight of him on his bed, surrounded by game pieces.

"So... How's monopoly going?" She asked, looking at the two pawns. "Who won?" Hiro smiled as he placed four other pawns on the start.

"Eh no one really."

(Y/n) smirked. "Honey Lemon." She said, pointing to the pink one, "GoGo.." She lifted the yellow one.

"Fred and wasabi." Hiro touched the green and blue ones. "Me..." He said, pushing the purple one forwards, "and you." The red pawn was placed right beside be purple one as a ringing bell echoed through the house.

"Well I guess the cafe is closed for the day." He smiled.

"Yep!" Fred called as he entered. "Oh monopoly?! Goody!!! Freddy is blue!" Honey Lemon squealed as she ran up the stairs.

"Let's play! Dibs pink! Oh we need Baymax too!" GoGo and wasabi entered and sat around the board as baymax waddled over.

"White is Baymax." (Y/n) announced, setting the pawn on start.

(Y/n) looked at Hiro and grinned. "What?" He asked, shrugging. The dice was rolled and he moved his squares.

"I guess life is like a game..." (Y/n) said as Honey Lemon placed a hand on her shoulder.

"It is." She agreed, staring at the board, "and I have a feeling we are off on another round." She moved her pawn three spaces and cheered, purchasing the property she landed on.

"Well... Life is like a game." GoGo said, "and the game really doesn't end just yet... What may have been the end of one game is the beginning of another."

(Y/n) smiled and rolled the die, moving six spaces. "Advance to start?! Hell YAS!" She cheered.

"I do not understand this game." Baymax said, holding the die in his chubby hand.

"Don't worry, we'll teach you... Anyways, life is full of learning." Hiro said, showing his friend how to roll the dice.

(Y/n) looked into the empty monopoly box as Fred had his turn, surprised to see one last pawn inside. "Tadashi." She breathed.

She lifted it out and smiled at the black piece of plastic, setting it down on Hiro's desk.

The black pawn sat there as (y/n) returned to her game, finally able to enjoy a new game, a new part of life.

As soon as Wasabi rolled the die and moved to the go to jail square, she looked over at the black pawn, smiling.

If it weren't for Tadashi telling her this metaphor years ago, she wouldn't have realised how true it was.

"When someone plays a game and comes last, they can take the result in two ways. One of them being grumpy and mad they lost and the other being happy they had fun with friends and family..." Tadashi's words echoed in her head.

"Thank you Tadashi." She spoke quietly to the black pawn, "thank you for showing me life... as a game."