Don't Waste Potential

This is a request for Toboewolfy !

(Y/n) P.O.V

"Don't waste potential." My mother would always say.

I don't know if she was referring to life or school but that message always bothered me.

"Don't waste potential."

Oh how I long to know what she meant! Did she want me to have a business?

Grow wealthy?

Or was she referring to my life? My little secret?

A secret she shouldn't even know about? The fact I have magic powers to control the four main elements fire, water, earth and air.

I would ask my mother like any common person...

But I can't.

She's gone...

She died when I was 10.

And so did my father...

I never knew what her words meant but every time I visited their graves, I saw the same sentence etched into the grey stone.

"Don't waste potential."

I have asked my current guardian- my grandmother- what it meant but she could barely give me an answer.

Those three words that I was told every morning and night... It can't just mean one thing! There has to be another meaning!

But why would that be my mother's dying words to? Telling me nothing but the same sentence over and over and over again?

What does it mean?

"Don't waste potential."

1 year later

Hiro's P.O.V

I stumbled through the crowded school hallways. Every once in a while a kid would push me aside to get to class as I walked towards my locker.

And BOOM! That's when a collision to the side of my head occurred. Of course I'm not surprised, I expected something like this to happen.

It's happened every day for the past 9 years of my life! This will be my last...

I felt my shirt get pulled backwards as I was thrown to the floor, looking up I saw just who I expected to see - Brandon - the school bully.

Sneering at me, he lifted his most prized possession- studded soccer boots and with one slam, probably broke my nose.

Then blow after blow to my face, gut and chest. Blow after blow I was pushed lifelessly into the marble floor.

And finally when I thought I would die, my saviour ran into the scene!

Tada- wait... No... It's NOT Tadashi.

(Y/n) P.O.V

Have I forgotten what my mother's words are? No... Do I know what they mean? Also no...

"Don't waste potential."

But you know what I DO know? This bully is mean and is about to feel sorry for hurting that other guy!

With a snap of my fingers a strong gust of wind had blown through the windows, with the power of my mind, I formed a tight bonding with the wind, causing it to trap the bully and make him float in air.

"WHAT THE HECK?!" He gasped as I used water to tie him down, freezing it in the process.

The marble ground cracked in two to form a small hole, causing the bully to fall in and get stuck.

And to make sure he didn't get out, I created a ring of enchanted fire- he wouldn't get burnt but it would sure scare him.

A voice groaned, bringing my attention to the kid that was injured.

I rushed over to his side and helped him up, bringing him to the nurse's office.

And that's when it clicked.

"Don't waste potential."

It means what it says! I was just over thinking it the whole time! If you can do something to help, do it!... Don't waste that chance, that bonus point- that potential!!!

Hiro's P.O.V

After a long visit at the nurse's office, I went to find that mystery girl again.

Well, I had to say thank you! And besides... I need to know if what I saw was real!

It was easy to find her- she was sitting alone in the cafeteria. I sat next to her and smiled, causing her to smile back.

"I just wanted to say thank you... for helping me." She smiled.

"It's no biggie... Although I bet you want to know if what you saw is real." I nodded my head. "Well... Just between you and me... It's just a little talent I have." She whispered.

"It's pretty cool... But you won't use it on me again." She frowned at my words.

"Why say that?"

"Because I'm graduating this year... Finally... I hate learning stuff I know."

"You must be the prodigy kid Hiro right? I'm (y/n)." She said.

"Yeah... Schools overrated anyway..."

That's when she frowned. "I can see a lot in you... Your gonna change this world- I know it for a fact, the look in your eyes says it all..."

That's when she leaned in and whispered one last thing:

"Don't waste potential"

What does that mean?