Life's Lyrics (Pt 4)

(Y/n) P.O.V

I played a song quickly and waited for Viveca. "More than just a spare" played as she entered the room. The perfect song in my opinion.

"What was that for?" She asked

"Spare...? Am I really just the spare?"

Her eyes widened as she realised what I was saying.

"I'm not part of the town, not born to be queen
Just somebody hopelessly inbetween
She's the scholar, athlete, poet
I'm the screw up, don't I know it
But then who could ever compare?
Of course they're gonna think I'm just the spare
Well I won't care

So I'm the extra button on a coat
In case another one comes loose
But if I have to be a button
Why can't I be a button that's of use? (oops!)
I may lack style and I may lack grace
And once in a while I might fall on my face
But this little button deserves a place in the sky
This button wants to fly
Wait, buttons can't fly, it doesn't make any sense!

So I'm a rusty horseshoe hanging up
Over somebody's old barn door
And I'll be hanging there forever
Just wishing the horse had one leg more
And maybe I can't be the perfect one
And maybe I err on the side of fun
But horseshoes need a chance to run somewhere
This horseshoe is more than just a spare

Someday I'll find my thing
A thing that's on my own
That thing that makes me part of something
Not just all alone
If only all this feeling I have in my heart
Could mean something to someone, how I'd love to play that part

So I'm just the second born sister
Who most of the town ignores
Like a button, like a horseshoe
Like a girl who's bad at metaphors
Maybe I don't have a magic touch
And maybe I don't have a talent as such
Just this heart with much too much to share
So I'll never be the heir, but I'm more than just a spare!!!"

Once the song ended, I pushed my sister out my bedroom. "That wasn't what I meant!" She called. "I just wanted you to socialise!"

"Well I don't like the choice of words." I spat.

"And I don't like how you tied us up!" She retorted.

"Then we are even." I pointed out.

"So we should be cool ...right?" Viveca asked. I sighed.

"Fine, now leave!" I exclaimed, pushing her out and slamming the door.

I ran back to the spy room which transformed once more and continued to watch the gang.

"Everything good?" The scary girl asked.

"Yeah... Just spoke to my sister."

"Oh okay... Let's play party games! It's Christmas after all!" The tall girl exclaimed.

"Good call Honey Lemon." The green sweater guy agreed. Honey Lemon!? Who names a person Honey Lemon? Was it just a nickname?

Either way, I continued to spy on them, just like an invisible little ghost.

Hiro's P.O.V

I looked at the gang. Everyone was playing games and singing carols.  And what was I doing? Fiddling with a robot controller.

Okay I chose a game console as a remote but so what? It's called a clever disguise.

"Hiro don't play around come join us!" Tadashi called over, waving a deck of cards out. "We're playing cards!"

"Why not make a giant card castle?" I suggested.

"That's for kids." Fred waved his arm. I huffed out in frustration. It was just a suggestion!!!

They didn't have to be like that.

I sighed and closed the little device, placing it in my over night bag. The clock showed that we had only been here for an hour... How time flies when you're having fun...

Note the sarcasm. "Can't you guys be fun?!" I asked, unfortunately everyone was to busy playing to hear me.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom..." I stated. Still no response. Fine! I got up and walked out to the hallway, looking around me. "I'm gonna go to the kitchen!" Still no response. "I'll break a window!" Nothing.

Ugh!

I spotted a stair case and climbed up out of curiosity. I reached the second floor and looked around, not much was there.

I continued the journey up and found a door wide open, walking in it I found a room filled with millions of colours, Lego towers everywhere with games and toys.

How old was Viveca's sister? I spotted a toy gun and picked it up, loading it with a foam bullet and aiming at a dart board.

I shot the bullseye and grinned to myself.

Next to the bedroom was a balcony with a small trampoline.

"Woah!" I yelled as I did a flip. I hadn't had this much fun since everyone told me to act my age!