Plastic Memories

Hello! I'm still doing requests I just have a one shot I REALLY want to do. Credit to precisely_realityxxx   and the anime "Plastic Memories" for inspiring me to write this, enjoy little nerds!

(Y/n) P.O.V

I continued to stare at my computer as I processed the thought of losing all memories in just a week.

Then and again, that's what I was created for... Right? Just an ordinary Giftia, working at a place where we tear apart memories.

I don't understand why other Giftias aren't sad... All those memories would have been pointless... Yet they still smile.

"Hey, (y/n), we've got a retrieval today at six after the new guy comes." Isla stated, she was a fellow Giftia like me...

I only nodded. "What would you do if you knew your expiration date?" I asked.

"All though I don't know mine specifically, all Gifias go through what you are about to... So hang on." Isla responded.

I nodded and continued to work on my computer... For the sake of not myself but others.

Hiro's P.O.V

"HAAAIII! Welcome to office terminal one!" A girl appeared out of no where.  I screamed and jumped back as the short girl grabbed my hand.

"I'm Isla!... A Giftia... Are you a Giftia to?" She asked.

"Giftia?" I questioned, slightly confused.

"You have no idea what a Giftia is to... Don't you?" She asked quietly. I shook my head. "Come in and sit, (y/n) can explain."

I followed the girl through the small office until a girl with (e/c) eyes and (h/c) hair looked up.

"Isla... We are just a waste of time." She whispered. Isla seemed to have frozen at those words.

"Please fill in the rookie about Giftias... I'm going to my dorm." Isla announced, quietly shuffling back.

"Welcome to the ripping apart memories job..." (Y/n) greeted.

"Ripping apart memories?" I asked.

(Y/n) P.O.V

"That's our job... We have to go out in pairs to find Giftias that need retrieval..." I stated.

"Giftias?" The boy asked.

"They are human androids with souls... But they have expiration dates, that's where we come in. We go out and deactivate them or they become Wanderers." I explained.

"Wanderers?" The newbie asked.

"You don't know much do you? A wanderer is an over due Giftia, they lose all memories and become an evil being, attacking anyone, even loved ones." I explained.

"So once they deactivate, they are gone?!" The boy asked.

"Yes.. Although we can install a new personality in the body but they never will be the same person. " I explained.

"How long is a lifespan?"

"9 and or so years." I responded.

"Oh." Was all he said. "I'm Hiro... " he soon spoke up.

"(Y/n), your new partner... For a week or so." I explained in sorrow.

"A week?" Hiro asked.

"Long story..." I said quickly.

"Tell me!" Hiro pleased.

"Error: I didn't understand." I muttered.

"Error? You're a Giftia?!" Hiro asked.

"Yes but... I'm transferring terminals after a week." I lied. No more memories. "Anyways, we have to go retrieve Naomi from her owners... Let's go." I stated emotionlessly.

I brought Hiro to the pick up pod where Isla was waiting.

Hiro's P.O.V

I sat in the front seat next to (y/n) who started the car. The girl in the back seat... Isla right? She looked out the window, no longer showing a happy face and more of an identical one to (y/n), depression.

Can Giftias feel depressed? They are still robots after all. We arrived outside a small cottage where we got out and waited.

A small girl about 4 came running out with what supposedly was her "mother". Islas handed the lady a clipboard to sign as (y/n) sat the child on the back of the pod. She placed a ring on her finger and whispered something.

Naomi smiled and her eyes closed quickly. "Retrieval complete." Isla whispered.

~One week later~

(y/n) P.O.V

Today was my retrial day. Hiro needed to sign my form...

Isla handed him the clip board and ring that would deactivate me. He read the entire thing before looking up at me shocked.

"You're being deactivated today?..." He quivered.

"Error: I did not understand." I stated.

"Rubbish, you heard me... Why didn't you tell me?!" Hiro repeated.

"Error-"

"STOP SAYING THAT!" Hiro yelled, tears in his eyes. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Memories are pointless for me." I explained. Isla cleared her throat and left the office.

"But my memories aren't... And I would regret not letting you have at least one..." He stated, hugging me.

My eyes widened at the feeling. "I hope you reunite with the one you cherish." I heard before my eyes closed as the ring slipped on my finger.

"Retrieval complete."