One like us

(Y/n) P.O.V

"You guys are super heroes?!" She screamed, tears fresh on her face.

"Honey-"

"Don't "honey" me! You guys have no idea what I went through! You're horrible!"

I chased after her but Hiro only held me back. "HIRO! Let me go after her!" The feeling of hurt in my chest.

"(Y/n), she needs a break. This wasn't how we intended her to find out." Hiro calmed me down.

"But that's (daughter name)! We don't know where she's going-"

"And bayamx can scan her... Take a breath."

"This is my fault, if only we told her sooner! See Hiro, this is why we should have told her about Big hero 6!"

We sat in silence as (d/n) ran back into the room. "(D/n)!" I hoped.

"I'm hungry and need a donut." She spat, racing past us and towards the fridge where she pulled out a donut. "Just because I told you doesn't mean I'm not mad- I'm hungry." She ran off again as Hiro shrugged.

"A girl has to eat."

"You're unbelievable..." I went silent as an idea popped into my head.

I stood up and grabbed Hiro, dragging him to the lab we held under the house.

(D/n) was standing there and crying, how she found this place was a mystery, then and again she was smart enough to know how to pick a lock...

"What are you guys doing here?" She sniffed, munching on her donut and wiping her tears.

"I'd like to know that to... Care to explain sweetheart?" Hiro looked at me as I picked up the scanner and turned it on.

"Arms up (d/n)" I said. She frowned at me and rolled her eyes before complying.

Her body image appeared on the 3-D computer as I sat Hiro down. "Um what do you want me to do?" He muttered.

"(d/n) go to your room please, I want to speak with you." She huffed and marched off out of the room, her wailing cries following.

I pulled up an old template and showed Hiro. "Create this but in her favourite colour." Hiro frowned.

"I thought we agreed we wouldn't-"

"And we agreed to tell her, not let her brains crack the doors lock! She's our daughter but she won't stay little forever, we have to trust her- so before I back out on this, please make this."

"... Okay." Hiro said before turning to work in his machines. I kissed his cheek quickly before I raced upstairs to find our daughter crying a river into her bed.

I sat beside her and rubbed her back. She hiccoughed as she began to calm down, looking up at me.

"Do you guys not really love or trust me to keep a secret?" She whimpered.

"(D/n) of course we do. We wanted to tell you but we just weren't sure how." I played with her hair as I lifted her head up.

"Since you've been through all this and Daddy and I haven't given you a present for your 14th birthday, how about we give it to you now?" I suggested.

"What are you talking about?" She sniffled.

"Follow me." She slowly got up and followed me as we made our way back to the lab. "You know," I said, "your father and I were 14 when we organised Big Hero 6 so it's only fair you find out now." I smiled.

"I didn't know that..." (D/n) said.

"Well now you do." I replied, pushing open the lab doors to see Hiro checking over the final project that lay across the table.

"Oh hey girls." Hiro came over and hugged us.

"Hey Dad..." (D/n) said quietly. Hiro chuckled before he led her towards the table.

"What's this?" She asked.

"It's yours... A daddy, daughter bonding activity of you want." I said, handing her a helmet made of her favourite colour metal.

She took it before staring at her reflection wide eyed. "For me? A suit?" She gasped.

"Yup!" Hiro popped the "p" before handing her the rest of the suit. "Try it on." (D/n) squealed before hugging Hiro and I.

"Can we make this a family activity?" She asked.

"Sure honey." Hiro said, pulling out our armour. We all got changed and helped Baymax into his armour, showing (d/n) how to use her suit.

"In emergency, press this button and rocket boots activate." Hiro explained.

"And the communicators in your helmet link to the rest of the gang and us." I added.

"Wait, so you're letting me join?" She hoped.

"Well, we will start small but yeah." Hiro ruffled her hair before she squealed and hugged us tightly.

"You're the best parents I could ever ask for." She muttered.

That afternoon was the best flight ever.