A Brother's Rule (pt 2)

Agh updates are slow I'm so sorry- I'll try and get more out but I'm updating books in an order.

(Y/n) P.O.V

I dug through the desk again, Could the note have been a rule? Confused, I dug around some more until I came across an older book "hamada bro rules."

This HAD to be the one! I frowned as I touched the cold cover. Wasn't this privacy violation?

My head felt at war as I struggled to decide the right thing, Honey Lemon's words from before egging me to continue.

I was already half way through... I flicked to the first page and there was the same sentence as before, in the same scrawly handwriting:

Hamada brother rule 1# Hamada brothers don't just reach for the stars, they reach for the flying cats!

This was the first one. But what did it mean? I looked deeper in the draw and found four small shoes, each roundish and small enough for a cup to fit inside.

I noted the red paint on them had started to peel and a remote control in the shape of a paw print was left aside.

So, I snatched them up, stored them in my bag and turned around to leave.

I dashed out the building faster than anything you could imagine and headed back the way I came.

If I couldn't figure what the cup like invention was, perhaps the gang would!

Luckily for me, they recognised them as rocket boots for the Hamada's cat, Mochi.

And suddenly, it clicked.

The flying cats were Mochi on rocket boots, the first invention gone right.

So I snuck out once more and ran home, testing the old piece of tech out on my poor dog.

Needless to say he hates me and if we are ever home together I think he'll tear my limb for limb apart.

In the end the tech worked perfectly and would be able to help me get my friend back.

The following wasn't easy, Hiro was still kinda in a bad mood and I wasn't sure how he'd react to his cat flying into his robotics lab.

But with the help of Honey Lemon, the door was opened and Mochi the cat slowly floated inside.

Hiro hadn't noticed the rocket boots or the animal until it mewed softy and began to purr.

"What the- Mochi?!" Hiro yelled in surprise. The cat mewed once more before I took a deep breath and stuck my head in the doorway.

"Surprise!" I muttered, keeping my eyes on the flying cat.

"(Y/n)?! How... What- where did you get these?" My blood went cold as I began to fidget with my feet.

"I uh found them in your desk drawer in your room..." I admitted feebly.

"Wait you entered my room?!" He asked, eyes widening.

"Y-yeah..." I trembled, anticipating him to yell at me.

He went silent, thinking for a while as I allowed mochi back to the ground.

"I forgive you." He simply said.

"You what?!" I asked surprised.

"I forgive you." He simply said. "I haven't seen my cat rocket boots in so long... I actually forgot them- I forgive you for trespassing my room and I'm sorry for acting harsh yesterday." He stuck his hand out and smiled. "Friends?"

I hesitantly grabbed his hand and shook it firmly, a smile appearing on my face. "Yeah, friends." I agreed.

"Oh goody! You two made up!" Honey Lemon's voice called as she entered the room.

"Honey Lemon?! You were listening in on our conversation the whole time?!" Hiro yelled out in surprise, "what if I told her a secret or something?" He frowned.

Honey Lemon laughed before shaking her head, "Ah but you didn't Hiro so therefore there is nothing to complain about."she said.

"That was a breach in privacy." He replied, waving a hand in her face."Now shoo shoo, I've got work to deal with." He said, ushering the tall girl out.

"I better get going too." I agreed. He nodded and held the door for me as I exited the room, controlling Mochi to fly beside me.

I turned around quickly to wave before heading back to the cafe to let mochi rest.

I returned the invention back to its proper place as my phone began to buzz violently.

Group Chat- NERDZ

Honey Lemon: AAIII THEY ARE FRIENDS AGAIN!!!

GoGo: you could have told us... We are all sitting beside you

Wasabi: fair point

Fred: FREDDIE SO HAPPY

Hiro: oh gosh

Honey Lemon: YYAYAYAYA

I laughed before placing my phone down, Mochi curling around my leg and purring softly.

I pet his head before walking out of the room, mochi purring once more.

And from a cat, that was comforting, that was all I really needed to hear.