Chapter 1

As I walk in through the front door from college I hear my brother Connor and his mates laughing and having a good time, they always come round after college. Connor met his mates when he was 5 years old at school and ever since they have come round most days of the week, I try my best to stay away from them but it's hard when Connor keeps calling my name every 5 seconds. They are a year older than me so I was 4 when I met them. I take my shoes and coat off and walk into the living room to see the boys, Brad, Connor, James and Tristan. "Hey Evie!" Connor said and then gave me a hug, me and Connor have a strong relationship. He is a really nice brother and he cares about me a lot. "Hi." I replied and then looked over to see Brad, I swear he gets cuter every time! Nobody knows that I have a crush on Brad and I would like to keep it that way, I have liked him since I was about 14.

"Do you boys want a drink?" I asked. "No thanks Evie, we just had one." James replied, I nodded and then walked into the kitchen. As I got out a cup from the cupboard I heard someone walk in through the door, it was Brad. "Hey..." He replied and I gave an awkward smile back. Oh my god he is so cute and he is standing right in front of me, what does he want? Why is he talking to me? "I was just wondering if... Maybe you wanted to come up to the park with us all later? It would be unfair to leave you alone at home." Brad asked, whenever they go out I am always invited by one of the boys. That's not new but what is new is that Brad was asking me for once. "Sorry, I would say yes but I have a lot of college work to get on with tonight. Maybe another time?" I asked and he nodded, is it just me or does he look a bit disappointed? "Oh, ok." He said, he turned around and then walked back into the living room with the boys.

I got my bag off of the floor in the hallway and then walked up the stairs with my drink, things haven't always been awkward with Brad. It started getting awkward about 2 years ago and I'm not really sure why, I do have a crush on him but I'm not gonna tell him that. Why would he want to be with me anyway? I'm a year younger than him and plus I think he has a girlfriend. He is in a well known band and I have seen him with girls in magazines and stuff so he must have a girlfriend. Right?

I put my bag on the floor and my drink on the side, I started to get on with my college work while listening to some music but about 10 minutes in I got distracted by Connor. "Hey Evelyn." He said and sat on the end of my bed. "Hi." I said and took my earphones out. "You sure you don't want to come up to the park?" Connor asked. "Normally I would say yes Connor because hanging out with you boys is fun, but I have a lot of college work to complete and if I don't do well then mum and dad are gonna have a go at me." Our parents are never normally in so that means most of the time we are home alone, they are always at meetings or their manager wants them to travel somewhere which means that they will have to stay for a week at some hotel. My mum is a journalist so she travels around to find things to write about and my dad works in a museum, sometimes he does day shifts and sometimes he does night shifts, sometimes he does both which means he is never really at home. That's mainly why me and Connor have such a close relationship, he looks after me and I look after him. "Mum and dad won't know because they are never here, I'm sure you will do fine." Connor said. "I think I'm gonna stay and do my work, thanks though..." I said, Connor sighed and then nodded.

"We might not be back until late though, Alisha, Charlotte and Katie are coming as well so I will have to drop them off at home." Connor said and I nodded. Alisha is Connors girlfriend, they have been in a relationship for about 2 years now. Charlotte is James' girlfriend and they have been going out for about a year and a half, Katie is Tristan's girlfriend and they have been going out for 3 years. Brad hasn't told anyone about having a girlfriend but he is always seen around with girls so I just assume that he has one although I never see her. "I will be home later, look after yourself and if there are any problems just call me." Connor said, he hugged me and I hugged him back. "Thank you." I said and then he walked out of my room.

I heard all of the boys walk out of the door and I put my earphones back in.

It got to about 10:30pm and I was still working, I have had nothing to eat and I am bored of doing work. I decided to go downstairs and I cooked some chips, I knew that was Connors favourite so I saved him some for when he got home. I sat in the living room while watching I'm A Celeb in my hoodie and eating chips by myself, I don't mind being home alone. It gives me time to think about the bad things that have happened at school, I don't get bullied but I do get picked on a little bit because my brother is in a band and all of the people in my college want to come round my house to meet the boys but I'm not going to do that. I guess that's what is going to happen when your brother is in a band. The boys go to the same college as me anyway so why don't people just meet them at school?

I then heard the front door open and Connor walked in. "Hey Evie!" Connor called out, he took his shoes off and then sat next to me on the couch. "There are some chips for you in the microwave." I said, he smiled and then walked into the kitchen to warm them up. He sat next to me again on he sofa and smiled. "How was your day?" I asked. "Good, still a load of girls chasing us at college." Connor said and I nodded. "I know, I see them all." I replied and Connor gave me a sympathetic smile. "I know it's hard for you, I don't want any of them to make fun of you and I do tell them to stop. You haven't done anything wrong and you are right to not let them come round our house." Connor said and I smiled. "I know." I replied and rested my head on his shoulder. "Tomorrow is Friday..." Connor said and I smiled, every Friday is mine and Connors time together. He is usually always out with the boys or doing some recording so on Fridays it's just me and him, we talk about problems at school and just things in general. "Did you want any help with your work?" Connor asked and I shook my head. "Nah, I'm nearly done now. If I get it all done tonight then I can spend the whole evening with you tomorrow." I said and smiled.

I love it that me and Connor have such a strong bond, I don't know what I would do without him.