Chapter 88

Today is the day that I meet Rebekah at the shopping centre and I still have no idea what to get Brad, I have an idea of what to get the other boys but I am struggling with Brad. Hopefully Rebekah will have some ideas for me because I am stuck, I am currently getting off of the train and walking to the shopping centre. Once I got there I saw Rebekah standing there waiting for me, we smiled at each other and gave each other a hug. "I missed you little sis!" She said and I smiled. "Only younger by about 10 minutes!" I said as we pulled away from the hug. "How are you?" She asked as we walked into the shopping centre. "I'm good thanks, what about you?" I asked in return. "I'm not bad." She said. "How's things with your boyfriend?" I asked. "Good at the moment, how's things with Brad?" Rebekah said and winked which made me smile. "Good thanks." I replied and she nodded.

"So what are we shopping for today?" She asked. "I need to get Christmas presents for the boys but I have no idea what to get Brad." I said as we walked along the shopping centre. "I have an idea..." Rebekah said.

We spent the next few hours buying presents for the boys and Rebekah's idea for Brad's present was amazing! I can't believe I never thought of it myself to be honest. We got a drink from Starbucks and had a little chat before going to get her boyfriend a present, she got him lots of chocolate because he loves chocolate and some nice tops that he wanted which I thought was a cute idea. Once we were done we walked out of the shopping centre with our hands full of bags and our pockets empty. "Well that was fun!" I said and Rebekah nodded. "I really hope Brad likes your present." Rebekah said. "I'm sure he will, your a great person to come to for present ideas." I said and we both started laughing. "Well I had better be getting home, my boyfriend wants me back." Rebekah said and I nodded. "Ok, we should meet up after new year?" I asked and she nodded. "Of course we can! I will see you soon!" She said, we hugged again and I got back on the train home.

Once I walked through the front door I realised that I wasn't out for very long at all and Connor said he would be out all day with Alisha, Brad is with his family today so that leaves me by myself. I decided to get some wrapping paper and start wrapping the boys presents, all I needed to do with Brad's was put it in an envelope. I'm really proud of what me and Rebekah got Brad, I hope he loves it! Once all the presents were wrapped I hid them away at the back of my wardrobe and walked downstairs, I got my college books from my bag and started yet another story that we had been set to do. I swear the work never ends!

It is now only 3pm and I have no idea what I am going to do for the rest of today, I thought I would be out for hours but Rebekah had to go home early. Connor isn't getting back until about 11pm if I am lucky, he does get carried away when he is with Alisha. I watched some TV for an hour and then sat on my bed while wearing Brad's hoodie, I can never find things to do when I am by myself. It just shows how much I rely on Brad to entertain me now, I need to get myself a job or something but Brad keeps telling me that I don't need to because he has enough money to look after me and himself. Connor also gets a bit of money too now so I suppose I'm fine for money at the moment.

*knock knock* I heard somebody knocking on the front door so I walked downstairs and opened it to see Connor, he smiled at me and then walked inside. "Heya." He said as he hung his coat up. "Hi, didn't you bring a door key out?" I asked. "Nope, I forgot." He said and I smiled. "Lucky I was in then." I said and he nodded, he walked into the kitchen and I followed him. "When did you get in?" He asked as he switched the kettle on. "About 2pm." I said, Connor looked at the clock to see that it is now 7pm. "Why did you come home so early?" He asked as he put tea bags into the cups. "Rebekah had to go home." I said and he nodded. "I'm making you a cup of tea but I didn't even ask if you wanted one." Connor said and then laughed. "I do want one anyway thanks." I said and he nodded. "Your back early as well, I thought I would be lucky to see you back at 11pm." I explained and Connor nodded. "Turns out Alisha had to go home early as well because her parents wanted to go out for dinner to celebrate her sisters birthday." Connor explained and I nodded. "Looks like we are stuck with each other tonight then." I said and Connor giggled as he passed me my tea.

We walked into the living room and sat on the sofa while Connor switched on the TV, what I said to Brad yesterday was true. I'm scared that my dad is going to come back and hurt Connor, when he left he was very angry towards Connor. I know it's not very likely that he will come back but there is just something in the back of my mind that thinks he will, I just care about my brother and I want to be able to protect him. He has protected me ever since I was born so I should look after him for a change, I really do hope that my dad doesn't come back though. I do still love him a little because he is my dad but he has turned horrible ever since he broke up with mum.

"Are you ok?" Connor asked which snapped me out of my thoughts. "Yeah." I said and he nodded, we watched TV in silence for a bit and then I decided to talk to Connor. "Connor, are we going to visit mum?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders. "Why? Do you want to?" He asked. "Not really but I think we should." I said and Connor nodded. "Maybe next year." Connor replied and I nodded. "Do you think dad will come back?" I asked, Connor looked at me and sighed. He shuffled towards me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "I hope not." He replied. "I just don't want him to come back and hurt you." I said and looked down at the floor. "Is that what you and Brad were talking about yesterday?" Connor asked and I nodded. "I just wanna keep you safe." I said. "You don't have to keep me safe, dad isn't going to come back because he's too busy with work to come back anyway. I can keep myself safe you know, if you wanna go to Brad's house for the night then go." Connor explained. "But what if he did come back and then I won't be here to help you?" I asked, Connor squeezed me a bit and sighed. "Then I will call you and let you know what happened, you don't have to stop your life just because of dad. I don't stop going to Alisha's because dad might come back, I know that if he did come back and I wasn't at home then you would call me. I think you should just go to Brad's, he is pretty keen for you to go over there because he is always over here." Connor said and I nodded. "Ok, thanks." I replied, he held my hand in a brotherly way and smiled.

"I'm always here for you sis." He said and I smiled. "And I'm always here for you bro." I replied and we both laughed, we watched a bit more TV and by the time we had finished it was 10pm. "I think I am going to go to bed now." I said and Connor nodded. "Ok, I'm sure Brad will come round to see you in the morning." Connor said and I smiled. "He normally comes round to see you to talk about music stuff and then spends time with me." I said and Connor nodded. "Yeah, he talks to me about the band and then spends the rest of the day with you. He really likes you..." Connor said and I smiled. "I really like him too, in fact I love him." I said and Connor smiled. "I'm glad." He said and I smiled. "Goodnight Condor." I said and he giggled. "That name is so funny, goodnight." He replied and with that I walked up to bed, I have missed Brad even though I've only been away from him for a day and a bit. I guess that's what love feels like though, I can't wait to see him tomorrow... If he comes round that is...