Chapter 56

*bang!* Me and Brad sat bolt upright in bed and looked at each other in shock. "What was that?!" I asked and Brad held my hand. "I don't know, I'm going to go and see." Brad said. *knock knock* we heard a knock on the door and Brad went to open it to see Connor in tears once again, I looked at the time to see that it was 3:30am. "Was it you that made the loud bang?" Brad asked and Connor nodded, I sighed in relief and Connor walked into our room as Brad shut the door. He sat on the bed and stretched his arms out as if he was asking for a hug, I hugged him tightly for a while and then wiped the tears off of his face. "Con, what's wrong?" I asked and he sniffed a bit. "I got a text from dad..." Connor said and I looked confused. "He should be asleep or working." I said and Connor nodded. "I know, but this is important." Connor said and I looked even more confused as I saw his face drop again. "Connor..." I said in a worried tone as Brad sat next to me on the bed. "I just want you to know that whatever happens I am always here for you..." Connor explained, I am now starting to get worried and annoyed. "Connor, tell me what has happened!" I said and he sniffed again.

"Mum and dad have split up..." Connor said and I sat there in shock, I didn't know what to say or do. Brad looked just as shocked as I was but he tried to keep a normal face and he comforted me. "W...why..." I replied. "They just weren't getting along, they broke up yesterday and dad asked me a very important question." Connor said and I stared at him. "Do you want to live with mum or dad?" Connor asked and I sighed. "Who's staying at home and who's leaving?" I asked. "Dad is staying at home and mum is going." Connor replied. "Going where?" I asked. "She is moving to London while we are in Birmingham." Connor explained and I sighed. "Who are you going with?" I asked him. "I am going to stay in Birmingham with dad because I am closer to the boys, but if you want to go with mum then you can." Connor said. "But I won't see you or Brad." I replied. "We will visit." Brad said and I looked at him, I don't want to decide. I love them both just the same and I don't want them to go anywhere. "So if we both stay with dad then when are we going to see mum?" I asked. "We will visit her every so often when I'm not touring or working with the band." Connor said and a tear ran down my cheek.

"Evie, you don't have to decide now. Mum and dad understand how you are feeling and they don't expect you to know what you want to do right now." Connor said, I pulled him towards me into a hug while Brad sat there awkwardly. Once I had hugged him I hugged Brad, his grip on me was tighter and I liked the comfort. After a while Connor said goodnight to us again even though it is morning and walked out of the room, Brad shut the door behind him and sat on the bed while I looked at the time and saw that it is 4am. "I'm sorry..." Brad started but I stopped him. "It's fine." I replied and got into bed again, he got into bed next to me and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. "I understand if you don't want to do anything tomorrow." Brad said and I turned to face him. "No, I still wanna do something with you. It might take my mind off of things." I said and Brad nodded. "Well if you ever want to talk about anything then I'm here for you." Brad replied and I nodded. "Thank you." I said and then he kissed my cheek. "I was thinking that we could go to the cinema?" Brad asked. "I don't mind." I replied, I wasn't really concentrating. I was thinking about my parents. "You can choose the film." Brad said. "Mhm." I replied as I stared into space.

"Do you want me to shut up?" He asked but I didn't answer as I was too busy taking in everything that had just happened. "Evie?..." He asked but I didn't hear him, he pecked me on the lips and that snapped me out of my thoughts. "Are you ok?" He asked as he pulled away and I nodded. "Do you want me to stop talking?" He asked and I shook my head. "No." I replied. "I don't mind if you wanna go to sleep." Brad said. "I can't get to sleep now." I replied and Brad nodded, he rested his hand on my cheek delicately and I gave him a little smile. "What film shall we see tomorrow then?" He asked. "I don't mind, you can choose." I said and Brad shook his head. "No, you are choosing." Brad said and I sighed. "Please can you choose?" I asked. "How about we choose together?" Brad asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "Babe." Brad said and I looked at him. "I know it's hard, but you don't have to decide right now." Brad said and I sighed. "I know but I'm just upset..." I said to him and a few tears rolled down my cheeks. "I know." He said as he pulled me closer to him and ran his hand through my hair. "It will get easier, I promise." Brad said and I nodded as I pulled away from him.

"What would you do?" I asked. "Do you mean what would I do if I was in your situation?" Brad asked and I nodded. "I would stay in Birmingham with your dad." Brad said. "Why?" I asked. "Because you have people here that can help you when you need it, you can still go and visit your mum." Brad said and I nodded. "I know." I replied and Brad kissed the top of my head. "To be honest you don't see your parents much anyway because they are always at work." Brad said and I nodded. "I know, but it's just thinking that they aren't together anymore that upsets me. What if one of them gets married again and I get a step mum or dad? Then I will have another brother or sister, I have only just gotten used to having Rebekah." I said. "Calm down! I'm sure they aren't going to get married again because they have got to talk to you about it first." Brad said and I sighed. "I hate families." I replied and Brad giggled. "Yeah, they can be annoying." He said. "At least your parents haven't broken up." I said and Brad sighed. "I know, I'm sorry..." Brad said. "You don't need to be, it's not your fault." I said and Brad pulled the duvet over me a bit more.

"Do you want to try and go to sleep?" Brad asked and I shook my head. "No, I think I'm ok. You can go back to sleep if you want to though." I said and Brad shook his head. "No, I am going to stay awake with you." Brad said and I nodded. "I wish Connor told me in the morning now." I said and Brad nodded. "Yeah, I wonder what he bumped into to make that bang?" Brad asked. "He either dropped his phone on the floor when he read the message or ran into the wall when he was running to our room." I said and Brad giggled which made me laugh a little as well. "Is that a laugh I can here?" Brad asked and I nodded. "My baby girl is in there." Brad said and pecked my nose. "I never went anywhere, I'm just a bit upset right now." I said and Brad kissed me on the lips. "I know." He replied and I kissed him back, we kissed for a while and then he pulled away.

"Tomorrow I am going to make you have a bit of fun. I am going to try and take your mind off of this and show you that it's not the end of the world even though it feels like it right now." Brad said. "Good luck with that one." I replied and Brad smiled as he held my hand under the duvet. "I'm your boyfriend, I can make you happy all the time." Brad said and winked which made me blush. "I love you babe." Brad said and I smiled. "I love it when you call me babe." I said and Brad smiled. "I will call you babe more often then." Brad replied as he rested his forehead against mine, I smiled a little and he pecked my nose. "I love you too." I then said and Brad giggled a bit.

I started to see that he was getting very tired so I ran my hand through his hair softly and he struggled to keep his eyes open. "You know it makes me sleepy when you run your hands through my hair." Brad said and I nodded. "It's because your tired, you need to sleep." I said. "I know but I wanna stay awake to make sure your ok." Brad said. "Brad, I'm fine." I replied and he sighed. "But your not, I don't want you to start crying and I won't be there for you." Brad explained. "I'm not going to start crying, I might fall asleep as well." I said and Brad stared at me. "Are you sure your ok with me going to sleep?" Brad asked and I nodded, he kissed me on the lips and smiled. "See you in a couple of hours." Brad said and I nodded, I continued to run my hand through his hair softly until he fell into a deep sleep. He looks so peaceful and cute when he is asleep, I then looked over at the time to see that it is 4:30am. After a while I drifted off into a deep sleep while thinking about who I want to stay with, mum or dad? I don't want to have to choose, I know I don't see them a lot anyway but at least back then I knew that they were together and I could see both of them at the same time. Now I have to watch mum leave the house and move to London, I have to wait months before I can see her again.

Hopefully tomorrow Brad will make me forget about my problems and hopefully I will have fun tomorrow. I really need to lighten up my mood because the way things are looking now I am going to get to a stage where I don't even want to eat or get out of bed and that isn't good, if I do that then I will probably end up in hospital and I don't want that.

Mum or dad?...