Chapter 86

Finally! It's Friday! I have finished another week at college which means one step closer to finishing and leaving college! It has been a few weeks since Winter Wonderland and it is nearly Christmas, I am so excited but it will be weird celebrating without my parents this year. Connor has said that he is going to make it as special as possible for me, he is so sweet.

I walked down the stairs after going to my locker to get my coat, as I walked outside I saw Brad as usual parked outside. I walked over to the car and stepped inside. "Heya." I said as I put my seatbelt on. "Hey gorgeous." He said, we both leant over the gear stick and pecked each other on the lips. "How was your day?" He asked as he reversed out of the car parking space. "Good thanks, do you mind if I go out with Rebekah tomorrow?" I asked. "Yeah sure, what are you going to do?" He asked as he drove down the road. "I think I'm going to get my Christmas present shopping done." I explained and Brad smiled. "Sounds like fun, are you still up for going to McDonald's as it is Friday?" He asked. "Oh yeah! I totally forgot!" I said, I felt a hand rest on my knee as we drove round the roundabout. "What ice cream do you want?" Brad asked. "Hmmmmmmm, maybe the Rolo one or the Crunchie one. I can't choose!" I said and Brad giggled. "How about I get the Rolo and you get the Crunchie?" He asked. "Good idea, then we can share them?" I asked and he nodded as he pulled into McDonald's drive through.

"What would you like for Christmas?" I asked after he had ordered our food. "I'm not really sure to be honest baby, I don't really need anything." Brad said and I sighed. "What's up?" He asked as he passed the ice cream to me and thanked the lady that served him. "I just don't know what to get you." I said and took a mouthful of my ice cream, Brad started driving and I fed him a spoonful of mine. "Erm..." He said with ice cream in his mouth. "Don't worry, I will think of something." I replied and fed him some of his ice cream. "Can I have a taste of yours?" I asked and he nodded, I spooned it into my mouth and it actually tasted nicer than mine.

We got back to my house and I walked in with Brad while eating my ice cream, we took our shoes and coat off and then walked into the living room to see Connor putting up the Christmas tree. "Wow! Where did you get a Christmas tree from?" I asked. "I found it up in the loft, it's just a plastic one but it looks so realistic!" Connor said and I nodded as Brad sat on the sofa. "Can I help put the decorations up?" I asked and Connor nodded, I sat next to Brad and finished my ice cream. "How was college?" He asked while he was concentrating on the tree. "Boring, I have just finished writing my story and now they have given me another story to write." I said and sighed. "Your nearly done Evie." Brad said and rested his hand on my knee. "I know but it just gets so stressful." I explained and he nodded while spooning a bit of ice cream into his mouth.

Once we had finished our ice creams I took Brad's into the kitchen to put in the bin with mine, I got a glass of water and sat on the kitchen side. I need to think of a present for Brad... He deserves something amazing and I have been saving up my money that Connor has been giving me, I'm so lucky to have a brother in a band. I'm sure Brad is going to buy me something so expensive and then I will give him something that didn't really cost anything, I don't want that to happen. Brad walked in and saw me sitting on the side, he walked over to me and stood in front of me so my legs were between his legs. "You ok?" He asked and I nodded, he kissed me on the lips and I kissed him back. "What time were you planning on going home today?" I asked and Brad shrugged his shoulders. "Why?" He replied. "Just wondering." I replied and he nodded. "What time are you going out tomorrow?" Brad asked. "About 10am as I am meeting Rebekah at the shopping centre and I need to get the train down there." I said and Brad nodded, I ran my hand through his curls and smiled. "Did you get a hair cut?" I asked and Brad nodded. "It looks nice." I replied and he pecked my nose.

"I love you." Brad said and I kissed him in return. "Are you... Going to be ok... This Christmas...?" Brad asked through the kiss and I pulled away. "Why?" I asked. "Because your parents aren't here..." Brad explained. "So?" I have you, Connor, James and Tristan. That's so much better than my parents." I said and Brad nodded. "Are you going to visit your mum?" Brad asked. "I don't know, right now I don't really want to or need to. I'm happy as I am." I said and Brad smiled, he ran his thumb over my cheek. "I'm proud of you." He said and rested his forehead against mine. "I'm proud of you." I replied and we both laughed.

"Evie! Do you wanna come and do the decorations?!" Connor shouted from the living room. "Yeah! I'm coming!" I shouted back and looked at Brad. "He's in a rush today." I said and Brad nodded. "It's because Alisha is coming round and he wants to make sure everything is ready for when she comes." Brad said and I rolled my eyes. "Why? When you come round I don't make an effort, I just come down in my pjs and messy hair." I said and Brad laughed. "Yeah well Connor just has a weird way of thinking." Brad said and I nodded.

Brad helped me down off of the side and held my hand, we walked into the living room and I helped Connor decorate the tree. We played some Christmas music and the boys sang along to it which was funny, once the tree was done it looked amazing! We switched the lights on and Brad walked up behind me, he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my head. "I love you." Brad said, I looked away from the Christmas tree and up at him. "I love you too." I said and kissed him on the lips, the doorbell then rang and Connor went into panic mode. "I will get it." Brad said, he kissed the top of my head and walked to the door. "Connor, calm down." I said. "I'm not even in nice clothes!" Connor said. "So?! You look fine!" I said and then Alisha walked in, she is literally the definition of perfect. Blonde hair, blue eyes, skinny, perfect body, her hair is always perfect and she is a nice height as well. Yes I have blonde hair and blue eyes but I'm not skinny, I don't have a perfect body, my hair is always a mess and I am very short for my age. She makes me feel really annoyed with myself even though she doesn't mean to, she is a lovely girl but I just wish I was that perfect.

"Connor!" She said and ran up to him, he pulled her into a hug and they started kissing right in front of us. I sighed and walked out of the room, I decided to go upstairs into my room, I sat on my bed and stared at the floor. *knock knock*. "Can I come in?" I heard Brad say. "Yeah." I said, he walked in and sat next to me on the bed. "Are you ok?" He asked and I nodded. "You sure?" He asked and my eyes started to fill up a little but I just blinked back the tears. "Yeah." I replied, Brad held my hand and pulled me on to his lap so I was facing him. "What's wrong baby?" He asked, he lifted my chin up so I was looking at him and tucked a loose strand of my messy hair behind my ear. "Am I perfect?" I randomly asked, Brad looked a bit confused. "Of course you are, why do you even have to ask that?" Brad asked. "Because every time Alisha comes round I really don't feel perfect, she has blonde hair, blue eyes, she is skinny, she has a perfect body, her hair is always perfect and she is a nice height as well. Yes I have blonde hair and blue eyes but I'm not skinny, I don't have a perfect body, my hair is always a mess and I am very short for my age. She makes me feel really annoyed with myself even though she doesn't mean to, she is a lovely girl but I just wish I was that perfect." I explained and looked down at my legs, Brad pulled me into a hug.

"Evie you are perfect, in every way. I bet she spends ages in front of the mirror to get like that and I bet that isn't who she really is, she's probably just like you when she gets out of bed in the mornings. Messy hair and everything. But I don't care if you have messy hair and I don't care if you are short, I love you for who you are and I don't want you to change just because you think someone else looks better than you. The truth is you do have a perfect body and to me everything about you is perfect, don't compare yourself to others. It's like me comparing myself to James, I want a body like him because it would impress you but I don't. But I know you love me for who I am and it doesn't matter if I have a six pack or not." Brad said and lifted my chin up again, I pulled him into a tight hug and he kissed my neck. "Never compare yourself, you are perfect just the way you are and I never want you to change yourself because of other people." Brad said and I pulled away. "Thank you, you are perfect too you know." I said and Brad giggled. "Thank you." He replied and I smiled a little.