Chapter 4

I woke up to hear laughing coming from downstairs, Connor obviously had the boys over or maybe Alisha. I got out of bed and walked half way down the stairs to see all of the boys in the living room, I ran back up the stairs and looked at myself in the mirror. "I can't go downstairs looking like this!" I said to myself, I got my hairbrush and started to brush my hair. I then opened my wardrobe to chose my outfit for today but I got disturbed by a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I asked. "Brad." Was the reply, I looked down at myself and started to panic. He can't see me wearing nothing but a really big top and underwear. "Erm... Can you give me a minute?" I asked. "I just wanna say hello, I don't care what you look like." Brad said, I was shocked by this comment. He opened the door and I ran into bed. "What do you want?" I asked while trying to cover myself up. "I was just wondering if you knew where my hoodie was? Connor said that it is in your room?" Brad said, I looked over to the end of my bed and saw it laying there. "I swear I wasn't wearing it." I said and Brad giggled. "It's fine, I don't mind if you wear it. You can keep it if you want?" He asked. "No thanks..." I said, I really wanted to say yes.

"Ok then. I will see you downstairs in a minute then?" He asked and I nodded, he winked at me and took his hoodie before he closed the door behind him. Why does he keep winking at me!

I finally managed to get dressed and then I went downstairs to make some breakfast. "Evie! Can you make me some breakfast?" Connor asked while walking into the kitchen, he had all of the boys following him. "No, make your own." I said and sat down to eat my toast at the table. "Ooohhh, someone's in a mood today." Tristan said and then messed up my hair. "Guys! Stop it." I said and then went to get up but Connor sat me back down. "Don't listen to them, just eat your toast. Your hair looks fine." Connor said, I sighed and ate my breakfast. The boys can be really annoying even though they all mean a lot to me. I have known them since I was 4 years old so how can they not mean something to me? But boys will be boys.

We all eventually got ready to go and take a walk up to the park, Brad kept on staring at me the whole way there but I just ignored him by talking to James. He needs to stop staring at me because it's creeping me out a bit, he obviously doesn't like me so why does he keep staring at me? We got to the park and then we all climbed up a tree, we all sat on a couple of branches and looked out at the park. "What shall we do today then?" James asked. "We could play football?" Connor asked and the boys all nodded, they all started to climb back down the tree but I didn't follow. I didn't feel like playing football today, I have never been very good at it either and it always ends up with me getting hurt. "Aren't you coming?" Brad asked me and stopped climbing down the tree. "Nah, don't feel like it." I said and he climbed back up so he was closer to me. "But your good at it." Brad said. "No I'm not, I always end up getting hurt and I can't even kick the ball." I said and Brad giggled. "See!" I said and he stopped laughing. "Sorry..." He said. "It's fine, just go and play football." I said and he sat next to me on the branch. "I don't feel like it either." Brad said and I looked confused.

We watched the boys play football for a little while and then I started to get bored. "I'm gonna go home." I said and started to climb down the tree. "Why?" Brad asked. "Because I'm bored and I have school work to be getting on with." I replied. "I can help you with it if you want? I know Connor is going out tonight with Alisha and the other boys are going out as well. I could come to your house and help you with your work?" Brad asked, is he actually asking to spend time with me. "Don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked. "Nope." He said and I shrugged my shoulders. "If you wanna come round later then you can but I won't be disappointed if you don't." I said and carried on climbing down the tree, he followed me down and once we were both on the ground again we stared at each other for a while. "Can you let the boys know that I have gone home?" I asked and he nodded, his face started to get closer to mine and I didn't really know what to do. All of a sudden the ball rolled by our feet and I looked over at the boys. "Brad! Pass the ball over!" Connor shouted and he did. "I will see you later." Brad said and then ran over to the boys.

Did Bradley Will Simpson just try to kiss me? I ran home and then once I got in I started to tidy my room and choose an outfit for when Brad comes round later. I know I shouldn't be trying because he probably likes some girl at college anyway but I do like him and I want to make an effort, maybe it will work? I don't know.

A couple of hours went past and Connor was getting ready to go out on his date with Alisha. "I am going to go in a minute Evelyn, I will be out quite late so make sure you stay safe and I have my phone if you need me." Connor said as he got his shoes on. "I know, you say it every time." I said and he smiled. "Only because I care about you." He replied and pulled me into a hug. "See you later." He replied and then walked out of the door, I then ran up the stairs and made sure my bedroom looked tidy. I put on my skinny jeans and a nice top before walking down the stairs and sitting on the sofa to wait for Brad to arrive, I am very excited. It's just going to be me and him for once, things might go to plan tonight but I doubt they will. Like I said before, he probably likes some other girl in college who is his age.

I waited about half an hour and then I heard the doorbell ring, I opened the door to see Brad with another girl. I looked confused and then I realised that Brad didn't want to spend time with me, he wanted to bring a girl to try and get with her. "Hi Evie." Brad said, I wanted to shut the door in his face but I couldn't do that. "Hi..." I replied and then looked over to the girl, she had brown hair and brown eyes. She didn't look very pretty at all but if that's who Brad likes then I'm gonna have to be fine with it. "Oh, Evie. This is Jade." Brad said and I gave her a fake smile. "Nice to meet you." She said and I nodded my head. "Can we come in?" He asked and I nodded again, they both walked in and then took their shoes off. "I'm just going to get a drink, you guys can go up to my room. Brad knows where it is." I said the last bit to Jade and then they both walked up to my room, I just felt like breaking down in tears. I thought Brad wanted to spend this time with me? But no, he wanted to use me so he could try and get with his friend. How nice of him...

How did I ever think that he could like me? I'm just me. Evelyn Ball...