Chapter 8

I don't want to be stuck in college once again today, I want to be with Brad in Starbucks. Time is going really slowly today but I only have half an hour left, what if I go to my locker again and see Brad with another girl? What if he changes his mind? "Evie?!" My teacher shouts and I snap out of my thoughts. "Yes, sorry sir." I reply quickly and he sighs. "Why aren't you concentrating?" He asked. "I'm sorry sir, I don't know." I replied and he repeated the question. "Have you done your homework?" He asked again and I handed it to him, this is the work that me and the boys did yesterday. "Thank you." He replied and then I looked at the clock, 15 minutes to go...

15 minutes took forever to go by but it finally came around, I walked out of class and checked my phone to see a message from Brad:

1 message from Brad:
Hi Evie, what time do you finish college today? I am done now so I will meet you by your locker? X

1 message to Brad:
I have literally just finished for the day so I will walk to my locker now. See you in a minute x

I put my phone in my pocket and smiled at myself, for once I actually think that Brad is serious about us two being together by ourselves for the evening. I got down to my locker and saw Brad leaning up against it, I walked over to him and smiled. "Hey." I said and he smiled back. "Hi." He replied. "Can I get to my locker?" I asked and he didn't move. "I'm quite comfy leaning against it." He replied and winked which made me blush, why do I keep blushing?! "I can see you blushing you know." He replied and I didn't know what to say. "Do you want me to move?" He asked and I nodded, not wanting to say anything else. He stepped to the side and I opened my locker so I could put my books away. "What drink do you want at Starbucks?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "Why aren't you talking?" He asked. "Because I will just blush..." I replied and hid my face behind my locker door, he moved it out of the way and smiled at me. "I think you look cute when you blush." He replied and the butterfly's started up in my stomach again.

I finished putting my things away in my locker and then closed it. "Ready?" He asked and I nodded. "Do you wanna walk or go in my car?" He asked. "You have a car?" I asked. "It's my parents car..." He replied and he looked a bit embarrassed. "I'm fine with you having your parents car, it's fine." I replied and he smiled. "Really? Don't you think it's a bit uncool?" He asked. "No, let's put it this way. Tristan can't even drive yet." I said and he laughed. "Good point." He replied as we walked out of college. "Shall we just walk there?" He asked and I nodded, we walked for 10 minutes and for the whole time he wouldn't stop looking at me from the corner of his eye. I don't think he noticed that I knew but I just let him stare, I don't know why he wanted to stare but I thought it was quite cute.

When we arrived we got a table and there was a moment of awkward silence, Brad finally spoke up. "Do you want a drink?" He asked. "No... Thanks." I replied and looked at the table. "Why?" He asked. "Because I don't think it's fair that you are paying for it." I replied. "But I want to pay for you, I have the money so it's fine." He replied and I shook my head. "You can get yourself a drink but I don't want one, thanks for the offer though." I said and he looked confused, I then felt a hand on mine and I looked to see Brad holding my hand. "Evie, are you ok?" He asked and I nodded, the truth was that I wasn't ok. But I'm not going to tell him that, he doesn't need to know anything. "No your not, what's wrong?" He asked. "I'm fine." I replied and moved my hand away from his. "I'm gonna buy you a drink." He replied, I was going to stop him but he got up and walked away just as I was about to say no.

He returned about 5 minutes later with 2 hot chocolates and I gave him a little but quick smile and then looked away, he stared at me with a look of concern on his face but I just pretended that I didn't notice. "Evie." He said and I looked up at him. "What's wrong? Don't tell me that there is nothing wrong because I can tell that there is, I have known you for 13 years now." Brad said and I sighed. "Just stuff at school, no big deal." I replied and he held my hand from across the table again. "What stuff at school?" He asked. "Nothing." I said, I looked at his hand holding mine with confusion and he looked at me. "Evie." He said in a concerned voice and I gave in. "Just a bunch of girls being a bit horrible to me, nothing big." I said. "Why are they being horrible to you?" He asked. "Because I am Connor's sister..." I mumbled and Brad sighed. "They shouldn't be doing this, it's not right. You have done nothing wrong." Brad replied. "Well apparently I'm nothing compared to Connor and I need to invite them around my house to meet you boys." I said. "You are much better than Connor and you don't need to invite them around your house." Brad replied. "Try telling them that..." I mumbled and he nodded. "I will." He said and squeezed my hand lightly which made me flinch a little, why is he holding my hand?

"Why do you care so much?" I asked. "I have known you for 13 years, of course I care about you." He replied. "But I don't get why you care about me so much? Just because you know me doesn't mean that you should care about me." I said. "I have shared a lot of memories with you and your a great friend." He replied, the word 'friend' stabbed me in the chest. I am just a friend to him... Nothing more...

"Are you ok?" He asked, I then realised that I looked like I was about to cry so I stopped myself. "Yes." I said and moved my hand away from his. "I think I'm gonna go home now..." I said and picked up my bag from the floor. "What? Why?" He asked. "I have work to do, thank you for the drink." I replied and went to walk out of Starbucks but Brad grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. "Evie, don't lie to me and stop walking away from me." He replied and I pulled away from him. "Evie!" He said and ran after me, I stopped at a nearby bench and started to cry. The words 'just a friend' circled around my head and stabbed into my heart, why did I ever think that he would ever like me more than a friend? Why am I so stupid? Those girls were right, I am nothing.

"Evie!" He shouted again and then sat next to me on the bench. "Go away." I replied and moved away from him. "I don't understand, what have I done?" He asked. "Nothing, just go away." I replied and he looked a bit hurt, the tears continued to fall and he just stared at me for a while. After a couple of minutes Brad decided to make a move, he wiped the tears away from my face and then stood me up. This isn't the first time Brad has wiped away my tears, he did it a lot when I was younger when I fell over in the park. "Come on Evie, stop crying and calm down. I have the rest of the evening so you can take as long as you like to explain." Brad said and I stared at him, he then pulled me into a hug and I didn't really know what to do. Why does he keep making me think that he loves me and then tells me that I'm a friend? I didn't hug him back and he looked confused as he pulled away. "Evie. What have I done?" He asked and I just shook my head and walked home, Brad tried to follow me home but in the end he just gave up and went to his house.

I walked in through the door and Connor smiled at me. "Hey Evie, did you have a nice time?" He asked but I didn't answer, I just walked up the stairs and closed my door behind me. I just want Brad to tell me how he feels about me to my face, I don't want him to lead me on anymore. I just wanna know what he thinks... It's hurting me too much now.

I spent the rest of the night staring at my phone, wishing that Brad would text me the truth about how he feels about me. I know it's not going to happen and I know we probably won't ever talk again, that's what hurts the most. Brad probably won't ever talk to me again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I thought I would update again today because I feel bad for not updating for a couple of days, what is going to happen with Evelyn and Brad? Will things be ok or will thinks not work out? Find out in the next part, I promise everything will be revealed...