Chapter 6

Monday finally came and I was actually a bit excited, I know I shouldn't be though because I know that I will just get upset again. Brad doesn't love me and he doesn't have a crush on me, he hasn't told me that he loves me. He has just said that we are friends and I'm just gonna have to be fine with that.

"Evie." I heard someone say which snapped me out of my thoughts. "Yeah?" I asked, I looked up to see Brad and looked shocked. "Are you ready to go?" He asked and I looked at the time, it is the end of the day already?! "Erm... Yeah." I said and he nodded. "Cool, I just need to get my stuff." Brad said and I nodded, he walked out of the classroom and then I went to get my coat.

I unlocked my locker and then got my coat out, I sorted out my books as well and then closed my locker to see Brad with another girl. I looked closer and they were holding hands, I was going to walk away but then I saw the girl kiss Brad and he kissed her back. What? I thought that he was meant to be going up to Starbucks with me? Why would he do this? How could he do this? After everything we went through on Saturday?

I ran down the stairs and out of the doors, I then called Connor with tears in my eyes. "Hello." Connor said and I tried to fight back the tears. "Connor, can you pick me up please?" I asked. "I thought you were going out with your friends?" He asked and the tears started to fall. "Evie?..." Connor said. "Just please pick me up?" I asked. "Ok, give me a minute and I will drive down to college." He said and then I hung up the phone.

I waited for 5 minutes and tried to keep out of the way so Brad wouldn't see me, I then got a text from him:

1 message from Brad:
Hey Evie, where are you?

The tears then started to fall again, why does he want to be around me if he has a girlfriend? I don't want him to use me. I decided not to answer my phone and Connor eventually arrived, he drove me home with a confused look on his face. "What friend were you meant to be hanging out with?" Connor asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "You don't know?" He asked. "I don't wanna talk about it." I said. "Evie please tell me, I just wanna help you." He said and I sighed. "I know but I don't want to tell you..." I said and he gave me a sympathetic smile as he turned the steering wheel. "Mum and dad are coming back today." Connor said and I nodded. "I bet they are leaving again soon though." I replied and he nodded. "Yeah, they are here for a day and then they are gone again for another week." He said and I nodded. "That's how it usually is..." I replied and he smiled. "I don't mind it though." He said and I agreed.

We eventually got home and my phone kept on ringing, Brad wouldn't stop calling me but I wasn't going to answer. He can go to Starbucks with his girlfriend, not me. I went up to my room and started to do my college work, I can't wait for the day where I come home with no work to do. I think Brad must of given up calling me because I wasn't getting any other messages or calls. I then heard the doorbell ring and I got up to get it but Connor got it instead, I listened to who he was talking to and the voice sounded very familiar.

"Evelyn!" Connor called. "Yeah?!" I shouted back. "Someone is here to see you!" He replied and I walked downstairs to see Brad standing in the hallway, I immediately turned around and started to walk back upstairs. "Evie!" Brad said and I stopped. "What have I done? Why didn't you go to Starbucks? Why did you leave?" Brad asked. "Because I saw you kissing and holding hands with a girl, I told you I'm not stupid! I knew you had a girlfriend and you are just using me. I don't want to talk to you anymore." I said and walked up the stairs. "Evie, it's not like that..." Brad said and followed me into my room. "Go away, I don't want to talk to you again." I said and he looked a bit hurt but I don't care right now. "But you don't understand. If you will just let me explain?" Brad asked. "I don't care." I said and he stood by my door while I got on with my work. "You need to stop working so much. It's not good for you." Brad said. "I don't care. Go away." I said but he just stood there. "Go away!" I said but he walked over to me. "I'm not gonna go until you let me explain what really happened." Brad said and I stared at him with anger on my face. "I don't care what really happened, I saw." I said. "You saw the kiss, there is more to it than that." Brad explained. "It's fine that you have a girlfriend Brad, I don't care." I replied. "But you do care and I don't have a girlfriend." He explained and I looked at him. "What makes you think that it care about you?" I asked. "Because I'm irresistible." Brad replied and I stared at him. "You have cared about me since the age of 4 Evie." Brad said and I stared at him again.

"Please let me explain?" He asked but I didn't say anything. "The girl that kissed me is called Jasmine. She has had a crush on me since year 9, and I have never loved her. She won't leave me alone and today it just went too far, I was really excited about going to Starbucks with you but she wouldn't let me go. She held my hand and then she kissed me, I then saw you run away and I pushed her away, I don't love her and I told her to leave me alone. Evie I want to go to Starbucks with you and I want to spend more time with you." Brad explained and I looked confused. "Why do you want to spend time with me?" I asked. "Because..." Brad started but then the door opened and Connor walked in. "Brad, your mum wants you home." Connor said. "Tell her I'm busy." Brad replied. "No, she wants you home now." Connor said and Brad sighed. "Ok, I'm coming." Brad said and Connor nodded as he walked out of the room. "I WILL go to Starbucks with you." He said and then walked out of my room.

I am so confused right now, does Brad like me more than a friend? Am I just his friend? Why does he want to go to Starbucks with me? Why does he always want to be around me? All of these questions need to be answered but I can't just ask him, that would be a bit awkward.

There is one question that is annoying me the most, why did Brad kiss her back?