Chapter 9

I didn't get any sleep last night and I don't feel like going to college today but I'm going to have to, I don't want to see Brad again. I just want to stay well away from Brad from now on, I could just pretend that I'm ill. Connor then walked into my room and sat on the end of my bed, he gave me a sympathetic look and I looked confused. "What happened Evie?" Connor asked. "Nothing, I just feel ill." I replied. "I don't think you are telling the truth." Connor said. "Oh, so now you don't trust me?" I asked. "Of course I do but you don't look very ill." Connor answered. "Well I am, can I have the day off college today Connor? Just one? I have been working so hard recently and I just need a break, I'm not 100% today." I said and gave him the puppy dog eyes. "I would but I don't know why you aren't feeling 100%, if you just tell me what's wrong then I can let you have the day off of college. You do know that you can tell me anything, I'm not going to judge you. You are my sister." Connor replied and I sighed. "Normally I would tell you Connor but I can't this time." I said and checked my phone to see no messages.

"Do you want me to get Brad?" Connor asked and I looked confused. "No, why?" I replied. "You have been spending a lot of time with him recently, does he have anything to do with it?" Connor asked and I went silent, I can't tell him anything. "I knew it! I told him to not play with your feelings! Why can't that boy just understand?!" Connor shouted and went to walk out of my room but I stopped him. "Connor! Wait!" I shouted back and he stopped. "It wasn't his fault, it was mine. I took everything the wrong way and now we aren't talking, just please don't make me go anywhere near him!" I said in a panicked voice and he pulled me into a hug. "I told him not to mess with your heart." Connor said while running his hand through my hair. "I took what he was saying the wrong way, he hasn't done anything wrong but now he probably won't want to talk to me. I don't want to see him just incase I mess up again." I replied and he pulled away from the hug.

"You can have the day off of college." Connor said and I hugged him tightly. "Thank you so much!" I said and he pulled away. "But I have got to get going now, I will be back later." He replied and I nodded, he walked out of the door and I sat back on my bed while staring at my phone. I don't know why I got so upset last night, I know I am just a friend to him so why did I expect him to change? I got too caught up in believing that he loved me and I was lying to myself, I need to try and forget about him and move on. I need to ignore him and not let him back in to my life. But how can I forget him when I have spent most of my life with him?

I stayed in bed for another hour and then decided to get up and make some breakfast, I put one of Connor's hoodies on and then instantly wished it was Brad's hoodie. Wait, stop. Stop thinking about that boy! I made some toast and then sat on the sofa while staring out of the window. About 5 minutes later the doorbell rung so I got up to answer it, I regretted it after though because I saw Brad standing right in front of me. Shouldn't he be at college? I tried to shut the door but he put his foot in the way so I couldn't. "Evie, wait." Brad said. "Go back to college." I replied and walked back into the living room, he followed me in while closing the door behind him. "I'm sorry." He said and sat next to me. "Go back to college." I said and he shook his head. "I have finished my day at college, I only had one lesson. I thought I would spend the rest of the day with you, I want to try and make up for whatever I did yesterday." He said and looked at me. "Please just go away, I'm not in the mood." I said and looked at him to see him staring at me. "Please tell me what I did wrong yesterday." He asked. "Nothing." I replied. "Why did you run off crying then?" He asked. "Like I said, I'm having a bad time at school." I said and looked at the floor. "I spoke to the girls that are being horrible to you today, they said that they are sorry and they won't talk to you anymore." Brad said. "Yeah right, like they are going to do that." I said in a sarcastic tone. "They are because I said that if they don't then they will never be able to talk to me or the boys again." He said, I looked up at him and he winked at me. The butterfly's then started up in my stomach again, he is so cute...