Chapter 23

I waited an hour for Brad and he still hasn't come back to me, I decided to lock the window because I know he isn't coming. I locked my bedroom door and sat in bed, the tears started to roll down my cheeks and I quickly wiped them away. "There is no point in crying, it doesn't help anything..." I mumbled to myself, I checked the time on my phone and it is 11:30pm. I then saw my lock screen which is a picture of me and Brad, I wish he was with me right now.

I stayed up until about 1am waiting for Brad but he didn't come, I couldn't sleep so I unlocked my window and stuck my head out of it to see that it is raining. I let my hair get wet and I let the raindrops roll down my face, I want Brad to be here but I know he isn't coming. Why didn't he send me a text to tell me? Have I annoyed him now as well?

I locked the window after a while and closed my curtains, I then sat in bed and listened to the rain falling. I love the sound of rain, it's very calming. I was about to fall asleep but I heard a bang on my window, I opened my curtain a bit to see Brad getting soaked and waiting for me to open the window. Why should I open the window? He is 3 hours late. "Evie! Let me in! It's pouring out here!" Brad shouted and carried on banging on the window, after a while I decided to open the window and Brad rushed in. He closed the window behind him and I laid on my bed so my back was facing him. "Why didn't you let me in?" Brad asked. "You are late... I thought you weren't coming..." I replied and Brad looked confused. "So why didn't you let me in then?" He asked again, I faced him and saw that he was dripping wet. I passed him my hairdryer and he started to blow dry his hair and dry off his clothes. "I don't know..." I mumbled while the hairdryer was on so he couldn't hear me.

I really don't know what is happening to me, I feel upset all the time. Sometimes I want to be alone and sometimes I want to be with Brad, sometimes I feel like the whole world hates me and sometimes I am the happiest person ever.

Brad finished drying himself off and sat at the end of my bed. "Evelyn." He said in a worried and concerned voice. "Yeah?" I asked, he pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head. "Why didn't you let me in?" He asked. "I don't know..." I replied and Brad rocked me back and forth. "There must be some reason?" He asked and stroked my hair. "I was mad..." I replied and he looked confused. "Why?" He asked. "Because you didn't turn up on time..." I explained and he kissed the top of my head. "I'm sorry, my parents wouldn't let me go so when they were asleep I snuck out of the house and ran to yours in the rain. I tried." Brad said and I sighed. "Can I tell you something?" I asked and he nodded. "Of course, anything baby." He said and I looked up at him. " I really don't know what is happening to me, I feel upset all the time. Sometimes I want to be alone and sometimes I want to be with you, sometimes I feel like the whole world hates me and sometimes I am the happiest person ever." I explained and he smiled at me. "Your just a teenager going through mood swings." Brad said and giggled. "I don't think these are mood swings, I have never felt this bad before and they never normally happen this much..." I said and looked down at the duvet. "I'm sure your just an emotional teenager." Brad said and giggled, I half smiled back and then sighed.

"Do you want to go to sleep?" He asked and I nodded, we both got into bed and fell asleep quite quickly. I can't be bothered to go to college tomorrow but I know I am going to have to. I can't ask Connor for a day off anymore because he doesn't talk to me, I'm just going to have to put up with it and try and get through college. It is a full day tomorrow but I do have Wednesday afternoon off, plus Wednesday afternoons is mine and Brad's time together. I wonder what we are going to do? Maybe he will take me out or maybe we will just spend time together indoors, I don't really mind. As long as I am with him I am happy... Most of the time...