Chapter 22

The first few lessons went by really quickly and it is now my free period, I went to my locker to get my books out for my free period and went and sat in the study room. I walked inside to find nobody in there which I was happy about so I sat down by myself and plugged myself into my music, I started my work and after about an hour I decided to have some lunch because I was getting pretty hungry. I got a sandwich out of my bag that I packed last night and started to eat it, just as I took the first bite Brad walked in and sat down. "Hey." He said and started to get his work out. "Hi. What are you doing here?" I asked after I swallowed my first bite of my sandwich. "I have a free study period." Brad said and I nodded. "How long is yours?" I asked. "An hour." Brad said. "That's cool, I have an hour left." I replied and Brad smiled.

He attempted to do his music work but I could see that he was struggling. "Are you ok?" I asked him and he shook his head. "No, I can't do this work." Brad replied and I giggled. "Do you want some help?" I asked and he nodded, he passed me the book and I read what he had to do. "What's so hard about that?" I asked after I had read it. "I have got to write my own song and perform it to the class." Brad said and I looked confused. "Brad, you have written plenty of songs..." I replied. "But we have to write a new one and I don't have anymore ideas." Brad replied and I giggled. "I'm sure you will think of something, you are the lead singer of a band." I replied and gave him a sympathetic smile. "Can you help me write it?" He asked. "I can't write songs..." I replied. "You must be able to, you have spent long enough with us boys." Brad said and giggled. "I can give it a go but I'm not sure if I will be able to write anything." I said reluctantly and Brad smiled. "Thank you!" He replied.

We spent the next hour doing our own work, Brad tried to write some song lyrics but I don't think he is having much luck. He has just wrote a whole new album so I can understand why he is running out of ideas. The study period ended and that meant that we could go home, I went to my locker and then waited by Connor's car. He walked out with Alisha and she smiled at me, I gave a little smile back and then looked at Connor. "Hi." He said and I gave him a half smile. "You want a lift?" He asked and I nodded. Me, Alisha and Connor all got in the car and he drove us to my house. He didn't speak to me the whole way home and when we pulled up on the driveway he didn't even talk then, he just grabbed Alisha and walked inside. I don't understand what I have done wrong...

I then went upstairs and looked out of my bedroom window, I thought about going to sit on the roof and decided that I should so I climbed out of the window and sat on the roof. I can see everything from up here and it is so peaceful, I then looked down at the driveway to see Brad walking to the front door. I texted him to let him know that I was on the roof and he looked up. "What are you doing?!" He asked and I giggled. "Sitting on the roof, it's so nice up here." I shouted back and he looked panicked. "You might fall!" Brad shouted back and I shook my head. "I won't! You climb up here all the time!" I said, Brad then started to climb up to my bedroom window and sat on the roof with me. "Just please be careful." Brad said and pulled me close to him. "I will." I said and gave him a kiss on the lips which made him smile. "Did Connor talk to you?" He asked. "He asked me if I wanted a lift home and I nodded but apart from that he didn't say anything." I replied and Brad sighed. "I'm gonna have a word with that boy." Brad said and I giggled. "It won't change anything, I don't know what I have done but I didn't mean to stop us from talking." I replied. "I don't think you have done anything, I think he is just annoyed that you are growing up." Brad said and I shrugged my shoulders.

We then just sat on the roof and stared out at the sunset, it does look very beautiful and I know that Birmingham isn't a very pretty place. I then saw Brad staring at me out of the corner of my eye and I giggled. "What?" He asked. "Why are you staring at me?" I asked. "Because your beautiful." Brad said, I blushed and looked down at the rooftop. "Thank you..." I replied and he lightly kissed my cheek.

We spent another couple of hours watching the sunset and then Brad had to go, I didn't want him to go so I stopped him from climbing down the side of my house. "Evie, I have to go." Brad said and I gave him the puppy dog eyes. "Please don't go." I asked and pulled him into a hug. "I have to tonight, my parents want me home..." Brad said, I let go of him and sighed. "I'm sorry." He replied and kissed my cheek. "Why can't things just be ok?... Why can't things just work out?..." I mumbled to myself and Brad looked confused. "What are you talking about?" Brad asked and sat back down next to me. "Things aren't ok... Connor hates me and my parents are never home, I hate college and I wish I had more friends. Things aren't working out because I can't spend as much time with you as I want and Connor doesn't want us together." I explained and a tear rolled down my cheek, Brad sighed and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry..." He replied and kissed over my tears. "Please don't go..." I asked and looked at him, he sighed and looked down at the time. "I need you with me Brad, I'm not happy when your not with me and I don't want to be left alone with Connor." I explained and Brad kissed me on the lips. "I am going to go home, give me half an hour and I will be back. I am going to spend the night with you wether my parents like it or not." Brad said, he started to climb down the building and then blew a kiss up at me. "I love you, I will be back in about half an hour." Brad said and I nodded, I watched him run down the road and then I sighed.

I feel really bad for making Brad stay with me but I am only happy when I am with him... I can only get a decent night sleep when I am with him and I'm not scared when I'm with him. Connor has been scaring me recently because I never know what he is going to say or do these days, I just want things to go back to the way they were with me and Connor. Maybe I should get Brad to talk to him so he can find out what is wrong, I don't remember saying anything to upset Connor and me and Brad did ask if Connor was ok with us being in a relationship before we got in to one. I don't understand what I have done wrong....