Chapter 3

Me and Connor got out of the car and then we went and sat in my room, Connor put on a movie in the background while I was doing my work. I know this is meant to be mine and Connor's evening together but I still have a lot of work to do, I didn't even take any notice of what film he put on. "Evie! Stop doing work, we need to spend this time together." Connor said, I stopped writing and looked up at him. "I can still talk while I am writing." I said and then finished my sentence that I was writing down, Connor picked my books up and put them back in my bag. "Connor!" I said and then he put my bag on the other side of the room, he walked back over to me and sat next to me on the bed. "This is our time, school can wait." Connor said. "But tomorrow I promised that I would go out with you boys so I won't be able to do it then either." I said. "Do it on Sunday then." Connor said and I stared at him. "Live a little Evelyn." Connor said, I sighed and then turned to watch the film that was on.

About half way through Connor started talking. "So... Met any cute boys yet?..." Connor said and I went bright red. "No..." I said and he nodded. "Good, because if you do then tell them to have a word with me." Connor said, I'm not going to tell him about Brad. I need to put Brad's number on my phone! I reached out for the bit of paper that is sitting on my bedside table and typed it in my phone. I then sent him a quick text:

1 message to Brad Simpson:
Hey Brad, its Evelyn here. Just wanted to text you so you have my number. See you tomorrow :)

After about 10 minutes I got a message back:

1 message from Brad Simpson:
Thank you, I now have your number in my phone. I will see you tomorrow ;)

Why does he keep sending winking faces at me? I should really ask him about his girlfriend but I feel too embarrassed to...

"Who you texting?" Connor asked. "Just Brad, he got a new phone and I put his number in my phone." I said and he nodded. "You could of just asked me for his new number." Connor said. "I didn't know he had a new phone until he gave me his new number in the car on the way home." I said and he nodded. "Just no funny business with him please, I have seen the way that you two look at each other..." Connor said, what does that mean? How do I look at him? Does he look at me? My phone then buzzed in my lap:

1 message from Brad:
Hi, sorry to bother you as I know it is yours and Connor's night but do you have my hoodie? I think I left it at your house yesterday. X

"Connor, do we have Brad's hoodie? He thinks that he left it here yesterday." I asked. "Yeah, it's in my room. Tell him I will give it back to him when we see him tomorrow." He replied and I nodded.

1 message to Brad:
Yeah we do have it. Do you want it back? x

I thought I would be a bit cheeky and send him a kiss back as he always does it to me.

1 message from Brad:
Yeah I do, why? Do you want it? ;) x

I blushed a bit at this comment, I would love to keep Brad's hoodie but I'm not going to tell him that. His girlfriend probably wants it anyway.

1 message to Brad:
Probably best not to, your girlfriend would probably kill me...

1 message from Brad:
What girlfriend? Do I have a girlfriend?

1 message to Brad:
I thought you did...

1 message from Brad:
Nope, not that I know of anyway. Why? X

1 message to Brad:
No reason, sorry but I have to go now. Connor wants me. Bye.

I had to think of an excuse to get out of the conversation, that got a bit awkward. Why was he sending me winking faces and kisses at the end of the messages? I'm really confused right now and I don't know what to think.

Once the film had finished me and Connor went downstairs, he put Brad's hoodie on the banister so he remembered to give it to him tomorrow and I wanted nothing more than to wear it. I do love him even more now and I'm a bit happier now I know that he doesn't have a girlfriend but he still wouldn't want me when he could get any girl that he ever wanted. "Evie, what do you want to eat?" Connor asked. "I don't mind, when are mum and dad gonna be home?" I asked. "Not for a couple of days I'm afraid." Connor said and gave me a hug, I hugged him back and he smiled at me. "I'm here for you though." Connor said and I smiled. "I am here for you as well..." I said and he kissed the top of my head in a brotherly way. "What do you want for dinner?" He asked. "I think we have some left over spaghetti bolognese in the freezer, we could have that?" I asked and he nodded. He put it in the microwave and then sat down at the table to eat it, I felt like I should ask Connor about Brad but I don't think he is very keen on me getting a boyfriend. I feel like if I ever got one then he would try and break us up or try and ruin it for me which isn't fair because he has a girlfriend and he is only a year older than me.

I decided to leave it and once we had finished our dinner I decided to go to bed, Connor said goodnight to me and then sat on the sofa while watching TV while I went up to bed, I looked at all of the messages that me and Brad had sent each other over the past few hours and smiled. I find it really cute that he is sending me kisses and winking faces but I think that is just so he is friendly towards me, I guess I will find out tomorrow?