Chapter 43

Brad's point of view:

I can't believe this is happening... This is all my fault. If I had just spent more time with her then she wouldn't be in hospital right now! When she fell down the stairs we took her to the hospital and they have taken her into a room, me and the boys are currently sitting in the waiting room. "Guys, I'm sorry to say this but we have to go." Joe said, I looked at the time, we missed sound check but we have to go to the concert. Let's just hope everything works out ok without sound check. "I'm not going..." I said as I stared at the floor. "Brad..." Connor started but I stopped him. "I'm not, what if she wakes up? She will think that I can't even be there for her when she is in hospital." I said and Connor sighed. "Mate, we have to go. I'm sure she will be fine, she is in safe hands now." James said, I couldn't be bothered to argue anymore.

We all got on to the tour bus and went to the arena, the show started but I wasn't with it. I tried to be happy and bouncy like I usually am but I wasn't doing a very good job of it, I just wanted to be with Evelyn. I want to know that she is ok, it's my fault that she fell down the stairs, I took her attention off of carrying the suitcase down the stairs and she tripped and fell. If I had just spent more time with her then none of this would of happened, this is all my fault!

We played the show and then Joe drove me and Connor back to the hospital while Waddy took James and Tristan back to the apartment, once we got there we asked if we could go and see her but we just got told to wait. Me and Connor sat down on the chairs and stared into space. "Don't blame yourself..." Connor finally said and I sighed. "I am blaming myself, I took her attention off of carrying the suitcase down the stairs! I wasn't spending enough time with her!" I said and Connor rested his hand on my shoulder. "Brad, calm down!" He said and I put my head in my hands. "It's not your fault, Evie had no need to go anywhere. She should of stayed where she was, she didn't need to go back home." Connor said. "But I made her want to go back home... I'm a rubbish boyfriend Connor. I made your sister fall down the stairs!" I said and a couple of tears ran down my cheeks.

"Let's not worry about who's fault it is, we just want to make sure that she is ok." Connor said and I nodded. "Mr. Simpson and Mr. Ball?" A doctor said and we both stood up. "You can go in now." He said. I barged past him and flung open the door to see her laying on the bed with a tube attached to her hand, this is to give her water so she doesn't get dehydrated and some other little wires to measure her heart rate. She still looks so beautiful, I love her so much and it hurts seeing her like this... A couple of tears ran down my cheeks as I sat next to her bed on a chair and held her hand, Connor sat on the other side of the bed and I kissed the top of her head lightly. "What's wrong with her?" Connor asked. "She is just asleep, we put her to sleep so she isn't in any pain. She hit her had pretty hard, we aren't sure yet but she has a 50 50 chance of having memory loss... Let's just hope she doesn't. The wires are just making sure she gets liquid into her body so she doesn't dehydrate and so we can check her heart rate." The doctor said. "When will she wake up?" Connor asked, I'm glad he is asking the questions. I can't talk right now, she might have memory loss... "In a few hours." The doctor said and then walked out of the room.

A surge of anger then swept over me and I kicked the bed. "Woah Brad! Calm down!" Connor said and I sat back in my chair. "It's all my fault! She could have bloody memory loss! What if she doesn't remember me?!" I said and then started crying, I know I look weak but I don't care. I love her too much to care anymore. "She will remember you Brad, she can't forget you..." Connor said and I looked up at him. We sat in silence and I watched the clock strike midnight, I sighed and Connor looked at me. "What?" He asked. "I was meant to be taking her to the beach today, I had a surprise for her and everything..." I explained and stared at her, even though she has wires attached to her and bruises on her face she still looks beautiful. She has some bruises on her head and her arm is in a sling but I still love her, she is still pretty and she is still mine. "I'm sure you can still do that but maybe just not today..." Connor said and I sighed.