Chapter 71

A couple of weeks went past, I recovered well from my head injury and the boys played their last shows really well. Connor and Alisha still aren't in a relationship but they are seeing each other every so often. We are currently in the mini bus coming home from Heathrow Airport, yes, we are back in the UK and I don't know whether to be excited or nervous. I'm excited to be back but I am nervous because of my parents, I think I have made a decision now but I don't want to tell anyone about it just incase I change my mind. Joe is dropping us all off outside of my house and then the boys can walk home from there because they all only live about 5-10 minutes away from me and Connor, I think Brad is going to stay with me for a little while when we get back to make sure I'm ok and I have somewhere to stay.

I looked over to Brad next to me and he is listening to music on his phone, we are all very tired and we just want to get home now. I have enjoyed the tour and so has everyone else, it has been an experience for me and I hope I am lucky enough to tour some more of the world with the boys. But if I don't get to then that's fine too, it's their job in the end and not mine.

About half an hour later we arrived at mine and Connors house, we all walked off of the mini bus and got our luggage from under the van. I faced my house and took a deep breath, from this moment my life is going to change forever. I felt strong arms wrap around my waist from behind me and I smiled. "Are you ok?" I heard Brad whisper in my ear. "Yeah, are you?" I asked and he nodded, he kissed my cheek and held my hand. We said goodbye to James and Tristan before they walked the rest of the way home, I walked over to Connor and pulled him into a hug. "Here we go..." I said as I pulled away and Connor nodded, Brad held my hand again as we walked up the path. Connor opened the door with his house keys and we stepped inside. "Hello?" Connor called, our dad walked over to the front door and put a smile on his face. "Hello children, how was your trip?" Dad asked, I hate it when he calls us children. I am 17 and Connor is 18! And it wasn't a trip, it was a tour for Connors job. "Fine." Connor said, I could tell he was thinking the same thing as me. "Good good." Dad replied and I held a tighter grip on Brad's hand. "Has mum gone?" I asked and he nodded. "Yes she has, I am going to need an answer from both of you now." Dad said as we sat in the living room.

I looked at Connor and he gave me a reassuring smile as Brad sat next to me on the sofa. "Well I would like to stay here and visit mum over the weekends." Connor said and dad nodded. "Very well Connor." Dad said, he has changed since mum left. He seems different and he has more of a harsh tone in his voice. "What about you Evelyn?" Dad asked, everyone looked at me and I sighed. "I will stay here and go and see mum on weekends." I finally said and Brad squeezed my hand with a concerned look on his face. "Your not doing that for me, are you?" He asked. "No, I'm doing it because I will be nearer to college and I will be able to see Connor and you more." I said and Brad nodded. "Very well then, now that topic is over and done with I can go back to work." Dad said, he stood up and put his shoes on in the hallway. "Wait, what?" Connor said "I am going away for another few weeks for work again." Dad explained, I could see Connor getting angry. "So you put us through all of this and then you don't even want to stay with us to make sure that we are ok? Or even if you don't wanna be here for me then at least for Evie." Connor said. "Why do I need to stay for Evie? She's fine." Dad said.

"She's not fine dad, she has been worrying about having to make a decision for most of the tour! She didn't want to upset you or mum by making the wrong choice!" Connor shouted, I got up from the sofa and held Connors arm. "It's fine, let him go." I said. "See, she's fine." Dad said. "Your so pathetic! You haven't even had a proper conversation with me about my tour or the band that I am in!" Connor shouted again. "Look, I'm sorry son but I have to go." Dad said, with that he walked out of the door and I don't think he is coming back for another month or maybe 2. I could see the anger on Connors face so I stepped away from him, I don't want him to hurt me. "Mate, I'm so sorry." Brad said, he stood up and stood in front of Connor. "It's fine." Connor said and looked at the floor. "Why are you getting angry? It's his loss." Brad said. "Because he didn't even ask if Evie was ok, now can you see why I am so protective over her? Now can you see why I got scared when you started to go out with her?" Connor asked. "Yes." Brad simply said and Connor sighed.