Chapter 79

A month went past of me going to college and still feeling guilty about the whole holiday situation, I know it's been a whole month but I just can't forget how much of an idiot I was. Brad spoke to Waddy and Joe about it but there was no way around going on tour which is understandable, so we never went on holiday. The boys are on tour at the moment and because it is only around the UK there was no need for me to come, Brad wanted me to come but I couldn't get anymore time off of college.

It is currently Saturday and I am going to meet Rebekah today, I haven't seen her for a few months so it will be nice to catch up with her. I am waiting for the train because she lives in London and I live in Birmingham. The train arrived a couple of minutes later and I went 4 stops down the line, I stepped off of the train and saw Rebekah. She smiled as I walked towards her and she gave me a massive hug. "Evie! I have missed you so much!" Rebekah said as she pulled away. "I have missed you too." I replied and she smiled at me. "How have you been?" She asked as we walked out of the train station. "Erm, good... Thanks." I replied and she looked confused. "What's wrong?" She asked. "Nothing." I replied and she nodded.

As we walked to her house she spoke about what she has been up to for the last few months, she has spent a lot of time with her boyfriend. I wish I could do that but Brad is always on tour or working, I know it's not his fault but I miss him. "What have you been up to?" She asked as we walked down her road. "Nothing much, just college." I replied. "Ah yes, you took a two year course. I only took a 1 year course and I am looking for jobs." She explained and I nodded, we eventually got to her house and she unlocked the door. As soon as we walked in she called for her boyfriend. "Tyler!" She shouted as I took my shoes off, he walked out of the living room and leant against the doorframe. "Hey Bekkie." He said and then they kissed, I just concentrated on untying my shoe laces. Once they had finished Rebekah walked over to me. "This is Evelyn but we just call her Evie." Rebekah said and Tyler nodded. "So your her twin sister?" He asked. "Unidentical..." I said and he nodded, we walked into the living room and sat down on the sofas.

"Would you like a drink?" Rebekah asked as Tyler walked out of the room. "Just some water please." I said, she nodded and walked out of the room herself. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

1 message from Brad:
Hey, just checking that you are ok! I miss you so so much and I wish you could of come with us, it's a shame your still at college. Xx

I didn't really know what to reply with, I'm not ok. I'm still stressing about that holiday, I feel bad and I feel upset. In the end I didn't reply, I just left it. I know it's not nice but I'm still upset and he knows that, I wish he would stop asking me if I am ok when he knows I'm not. I know it's not his fault that he is never around but why couldn't he just have 5 days off for me?

Rebekah and Tyler walked in shortly after with a plate full of biscuits, a glass of water for me and two cups of tea for them. "Would you like one?" Rebekah asked as she pointed to the biscuits. "No thanks, I'm trying to loose weight..." I said, Rebekah stared at me with a confused expression. "Why?" Tyler asked. "Because I need to." I replied. "No, you don't." Rebekah said and I sighed. "Ok." I replied, I don't want to argue. "What's been going on at home then?" Rebekah asked. "Mum has moved out and dad has 'gone to work'." I replied. "What do you mean 'gone to work'?" She asked. "Me and Connor don't know if he is coming back." I said and she nodded. "He can be like that, I think it is best if he stays away from now on." Rebekah said, I didn't say anything.

"Anything else happening?" She asked. "Connor's on tour." I explained and she nodded. "Same as usual then?" She said and I nodded. "What about that boy of yours? What's his name again?" Rebekah asked. "Brad?..." I said and she nodded. "Erm, he's fine." I replied and Tyler gave me a confused look. "You sure?" He asked and I nodded. "Where is he?" Rebekah asked. "On tour with Connor." I said. "Oh yes, silly me." She said and took a sip of her tea. "Why aren't you on tour with him?" Tyler asked. "Because I have college." I said and he nodded. "Are you sure your ok?" She asked. "Yes!" I replied and she smiled. "Ok, ok." She said and I took another sip of my water. "When are you seeing mum?" Rebekah asked. "Whenever Connor is free." I replied. "When will that be?" Rebekah said. "Either over Christmas or after Christmas." I replied and she nodded. "When do they come off of tour?" Rebekah asked. "In about 2 weeks." I explained and she nodded again.

"What time are you leaving?" Tyler asked. "In a few hours, why? Do you want me to go?" I asked and Rebekah giggled. "No, we were just wondering if we are cooking you dinner or not." Rebekah explained and I nodded. "No need to do that." I said and she nodded.

We spent the next few hours talking about random things, well... Mostly about their relationship, the topic of having children came up and apparently they are planning on having children soon. She is only 17 and Tyler is only 18! I'm definitely not ready for that, me and Brad haven't done much yet but that's because we are only young.

It got to about 3:30pm and I decided to go home, Rebekah walked me back to the train station and then we said goodbye. I got on the next train home and got off at my stop, I walked home for about 15 minutes and once I got home I went up to my room. I just feel like crying, Tyler and Rebekah have such a good relationship but me and Brad don't, they are always together and they spend so much time together. I know it's not Brad's fault but all I asked for is one week, I couldn't even get that. I only get a few hours if I'm lucky, I try and treasure those few hours as much as I can but sometimes it's not enough. It's like he walks through the door and then leaves again, but I know it's not his fault and I shouldn't take it out on him. I just want my boyfriend back, the one I knew when I was 5 years old and he was 6. The one I used to spend everyday in the park with, the one who always used to look after me. But he's gone, he's grown up and he's too busy for me now.

I got into my pyjamas and made myself some pasta with tomato sauce, it's easy to make and I can't be bothered to order a takeaway. I need to loose weight anyway even though people tell me I don't need to, I don't hear Brad telling me not too. Once I had made my dinner I ate it in bed while doing some college work, half way through my phone started ringing and I looked at it to see that it is Brad. What do I do? Do I answer it? Do I leave it? If I answer it then I will just start crying at the sound of his voice, but if I don't then I won't know what he wants. I decided to answer it and I tried my best not to start crying.

"hello?" I asked
"Hey Evie, are you ok?" He replied, I took a deep breath and stopped myself from crying.
"I'm fine." I replied.
"Ok, I just wanted to check on you. You didn't answer my message earlier." Brad said.
"I was with Rebekah." I explained.
"Oh, ok." Brad said and then it went silent for a while.

"Evelyn..." Brad said.
"Yeah?" I replied
"I still love you..." Brad said, a tear rolled down my cheek.
"I know." I replied
"Do you still love me?" Brad asked.
"Of course I do, but I feel like I'm in a relationship with nothing right now." I said.
"I know, and I'm sorry." Brad said and I wiped my tears away.
"I appreciate the holiday, I really really do! And I'm sorry I couldn't go on it, I want nothing more in the world right now than to be sitting in Italy with you but my job gets in the way. I promise I will make it up to you, I will pay you back." Brad said.
"Bradley, you don't have to pay me back. I got my money back, I'm not upset about the money. I'm upset that I can't be with you. I went to go and see Rebekah today and she was with her boyfriend all day, she is always with her boyfriend. I know it's not your fault at all but I just hate the fact that I can never see my own boyfriend, I don't get days with you. I get hours... I miss the people we used to be, I miss being able to go up to the park and have all the time in the world, I miss you looking after me, I miss the old us. I know we are growing up but I just want you back... I want my Bradley Will Simpson back..."

The phone line went silent for a while as I wiped my tears away, I heard Brad sigh which made more tears fall.

"I miss it too." He finally replied.
"I love you Bradley, I always will. But do you think we should be together?" I asked.
"Do not leave me!" Brad said.
"Isn't it best for us though? I love you so much but this isn't working." I said.
"I will make it work! Just don't leave me! Please? I love you so much! Just don't leave me!" Brad started panicking.
"Brad! Stop! Calm down." I replied.
"Don't leave me..." Brad said.
"Ok." I said.
"Promise?" He asked.
"Only if when you get back we can spend days together, only if I can hug you and kiss you, only if you will be mine again." I replied.
"I promise." Brad said.

"Pretended I'm wiping your tears away." Brad said after a minutes silence.
"You wouldn't wipe them away, you would kiss them away." I said.
"Yeah." Brad said.
"I haven't had a kiss for weeks." I explained.
"I know, but you will get a whole months worth in 2 weeks time." Brad said.
"I hope so." I replied.
"Don't hope because it will happen." Brad replied.
"I love you." I said.
"I love you too." He replied.
"Do you mind if I go to sleep now? I'm quite tired." I replied.
"Of course you can baby." Brad said.
"Ok, goodnight." I replied.
"Goodnight, never forget that I love you." Brad said.
"Ok." I replied and then he ended the call.