Chapter 2

Connor must of carried me up to bed last night because I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up in my bed, I rubbed my eyes and then rolled over to check my phone. The time was 8:30 and I don't have to be in college until 10am today so I just scrolled through my social media for a while in bed. After a while I started to think about the nasty things people have been saying to me recently and it was upsetting me a bit so I stood up and walked over to Connor's bedroom door, I heard him talking to a girl so I knocked on the door. "Come in!" Connor said, I walked inside to see Connor topless in bed and Alisha laying next to him. "Woah, sorry..." I said and turned around to walk out the door. "Evie! It's fine." He said. "No, I will let you guys carry on..." I said. "But we weren't doing anything..." Alisha said and I closed the door behind me.

I walked back into my room and sat on the bed, I will have to try and talk to him later when we have our Friday night together. I spent a little while in my room and then got ready for college, I put on some skinny jeans and a nice top with my converse and got my bag. I went to walk towards the front door but I heard Connor call my name. "Evie!" He said and I stopped walking. "Yeah?" I asked and turned around. "Are you ok?" He asked. "I'm fine." I said and opened the door. "Do you want a lift to college?" He asked as he got his coat. "Nah, it's fine. Don't you have to take Alisha home?" I asked. "No, she left after you walked into my room." He said and I nodded as I stepped out of the door, Connor followed behind me as I walked down the pathway of our house. "Evelyn, you can get in the car and I will drive you." He said. "It's fine, I will get the bus." I replied.

I don't mean to be horrible to Connor but right now I am just a bit upset about what has been happening at school and I just wanted to talk to Connor about it but he was busy as usual, he is only ever free to talk to me on Fridays now and even though I enjoy our Friday's I still would like to be able to talk to him properly whenever I need to. "Evie, what's wrong?" He asked and grabbed my wrist. "Nothing, I just feel like getting the bus..." I said. "You can tell me what is wrong while I am driving." Connor said, I sighed and he unlocked the car so we could get in. He reversed off of the driveway and then started talking with the radio on in the background. "What's up sis?" He asked and I giggled a little. "Just people at college." I said and he nodded. "Are they still being horrible?" He asked and I nodded. "Just come and find me if they are." Connor said. "I would but you always have a bunch of girls around you and I can't exactly just leave a lesson to come and find you." I said and Connor smiled. "Come and find me when you are free then and I don't care about those girls that are always around me, I care about you." Connor said and I smiled. "Thank you." I said and he smiled.

We eventually got to college and I stepped out of the car. "I will see you later Con." I said and he pulled me into a hug, as he did this a group of girls started running over to him and I pulled away from Connor. "I will see you later." I said as I saw Brad and James walking over. "Bye Evie!" He shouted as I walked into college. I went to my first lesson and sat down, I got my books out as the teacher started the lesson.

The lesson ended quickly and then I went to the canteen to get something to eat, Connor, James, Brad and Tristan all came and sat next to me and I looked around. "Who are you looking for?" James asked as he got his lunch out. "Where are all of the girls?" I asked. "We told them to go away because they were starting to annoy us and they did." Tris replied and I nodded. "You had anymore trouble today?" Connor asked. "Not so far no." I said and he nodded. "Good."

I ate my lunch and I couldn't help but notice that Brad kept on staring at me while he ate his sandwich, was he staring at me or someone behind me? Why is he so interested in me? Do I have something on my face? I started to get really embarrassed and my face went bright red. "Are you ok?" Tris asked me and I snapped out of my thoughts. "Erm, yeah..." I said and Brad winked at me, I then got butterfly's in my stomach and I felt a bit sick. "I need to go to the loo!" I said and ran off, I left my bag and food on the table and ran off.

Why does Brad keep being weird around me? I have the biggest crush ever on him and I would tell him but I think he already has a girlfriend. Why is he winking at me if he has a girlfriend? He shouldn't be doing that. Am I going to get told off by his girlfriend?

After about 20 minutes I decided to go to my last lesson for the day but as I was walking there I realised that I had left my bag on the table, I turned around to go and get it but walked into someone. "I'm so sorry!' I said and then looked up to see Brad which made my face go red again, he giggled again and smiled. "It's fine, are you ok?" He asked and I nodded, not really knowing what to say. "Good, by the way you left your bag on the table so I thought I would give it to you." Brad said and handed me my bag. "Oh, thank you." I said and stared into his chocolate brown eyes, I couldn't stop staring at him. His hair was sat on his head in perfect curls, his teeth are perfectly white, his eyes are like pools of chocolate and his arms are so muscular.

He coughed to get my attention and I snapped out of it. "Oh, sorry..." I said and went to walk away but he grabbed my wrist. "Don't go." He said and I looked confused and a bit embarrassed. "Why?" I asked. "Please come and hang out with the boys tomorrow night? You didn't come yesterday and it wasn't the same without you." Brad said, ever since we were young we have been hanging out at the park. The boys used to look after me because I was the younger one and we used to have so much fun, but now things have changed. I have a lot more work to be getting on with and I now have a crush on Brad so it makes it really awkward for me. "Erm..." I said and he gave me the puppy dog eyes, not those eyes! I fall for them every time! "Ok." I blurted out and he smiled at me. "Great, I will make sure to look after you like the old times." Brad said and winked which made my face go bright red once again.

He walked to his lesson leaving me standing in the middle of the corridor.

The rest of the school day went pretty quickly and I met Connor by his car, he walked over with all of the other boys and I looked confused. "What's up Evie?" He asked. "Why are the boys with us? I thought Friday night was our night together?" I asked. "I am just dropping them all off home, I hope you don't mind." Connor said. "I don't mind." I said, James wanted to sit at the front so I was stuck in the back next to Brad and Tristan. I swear Brad kept on staring at me so I looked up at him and he smiled at me which gave me butterfly's again, he then rested his hand on my leg and I flinched a little bit which made him giggle. What is he doing? His girlfriend is going to kill me!

We dropped all of the boys off and the last one was Brad, once we reached his house he thanked Connor and then squeezed my leg. "See you tomorrow." He said and winked, he passed me a bit of paper and then shut the car door behind him. I opened the bit of paper as Connor started driving and it said:

Here is my number: 07447 973537
Text me later? ;) x

I have all of the boys numbers apart from Brad's, when he was younger we were climbing a tree and his phone fell out of his pocket and smashed. Ever since then he hasn't had a phone and he had recently just got a new one so I am guessing he wants me to add his number, I need to ask him about his girlfriend though and I have a feeling it will be easier for me to ask him over text rather than in person. If it turns out that he does have a girlfriend then it is going to break my heart but he doesn't love me anyway, why would he? I'm just me? Evelyn Ball.