Chapter 90

ITS FINALLY CHRISTMAS AND I FEEL LIKE A LITTLE CHILD AGAIN!! I ran to Connors room and pushed open the door ready to jump on his bed but I stopped at the door as I realised that Alisha was asleep next to him, I remembered that this Christmas isn't going to be the same as every other Christmas. I forgot that my parents aren't here and it won't just be me and Connor anymore... Well that burst of excitement lasted for 5 seconds...

I quietly closed the bedroom door and walked down the stairs, when we were younger my parents always used to say that we had to wait in the kitchen until everyone was awake and then we could go and look at our presents under the tree in the living room. I feel like a really naughty little girl right now as I walked into the living room to see a few presents scattered around under the tree, but I'm not a little girl anymore and my parents aren't here...

I walked over to the window and hoped that there would be white blanket of snow on the floor, I looked to see no snow and grey sky's. If anything it's going to rain today rather than snow... I sat on the sofa and looked at the Christmas tree, can't one part of today just go right? I have only been awake for 10 minutes and things have already made me upset. The time right now is 9am so I expect that Connor and Alisha won't be awake for another hour, Brad is coming in an hour but to be honest I feel like it's best if he stays at home because I'm just so upset right now. I don't want to ruin his Christmas too...

After a while I decided to go and have a shower and get changed, once I was done I walked downstairs to get a drink and saw Alisha and Connor sitting in the kitchen. "Hey Evie! Happy Christmas!" Connor said. "Thank you." I mumbled, I didn't want to be rude but I'm not really in the mood right now either. "Are you ok?" He asked as I poured myself a drink. "Yeah, I'm fine." I replied and he nodded. "When's Brad coming?" He asked. "In about 15 minutes." I said and walked out of the kitchen and up to my room with the glass of water, I don't wanna be rude but I don't want to upset anyone either so it's best if I stay away from people for a while.

15 minutes went past and I heard the doorbell, I didn't go down to answer it though. I let Connor do it and I heard Brad walk in, I still stayed in my room. Maybe Brad will think that I'm not in and then just go home? I doubt he will but it's worth a chance... I heard a knock on my door and sighed. "Come in!" I shouted and Brad poked his head around the door. "Happy Christmas baby!" He said and closed the door behind him, he sat on my bed next to me and kissed my cheek. "Thanks, happy Christmas to you too " I replied but didn't do anything else. "Are you ok?" He asked and I nodded. "Why?" I replied. "You seem down." Brad said. "Oh, well I'm not." I replied and he nodded. "Have you opened your presents yet?" He asked. "No, have you?" I asked. "Yeah! I was up at 6am with my family opening my presents!" Brad shouted, it was like he was a little child all over again. "Cool, I was asleep then." I said and Brad looked confused. "Why? You always used to be the first one awake on Christmas Day, you always used to go and jump on Connors bed." Brad said. "Well this year it's a bit different..." I said and Brad sighed. "It doesn't have to be." Brad said, I looked at him and then looked at the floor.

"This Christmas is already different Brad and I'm not enjoying it at all... First I wake up and go to jump on Connors bed but see that he is asleep with Alisha so I can't, then I go downstairs and remember that there are no parents sitting in the kitchen telling me to wait until Connor is awake before we open our presents. Finally, I looked out of the window and there is no snow! It's grey skies out there, not the White Christmas that I was hoping for..." I said and took a breath, Brad shuffled closer to me and held my hand. "I think you are just expecting too much." Brad said and I looked confused. "You are trying to predict things, Christmas shouldn't be about expecting. Christmas is about surprises and not expecting things to happen, you never know it could start snowing later?" Brad said and I looked at the floor. "Or my parents could come back and everything could go back to normal." I replied in a sarcastic manner and then realised what I just said. "I'm sorry... I'm just upset and grumpy, I didn't mean to talk like that. If you wanna go then you can, it's probably best that you do so I don't ruin your Christmas as well." I explained and stood up from my bed.

"Where are you going?" Brad asked. "I don't know, just somewhere." I said and went for my door but Brad stopped me. "Evelyn I want to spend this Christmas with you, I want you to be happy. I'm sorry about your parents but there is nothing I can do about that, I am going to try and make today as fun as possible for you but I am going to need you to help me out here? I need you to at least try and enjoy yourself because if you don't then everything is going to seem 100 times worse than it already is." Brad said, I looked at the floor and then looked at him. "I'm sorry." I mumbled and looked back down at the floor, Brad lifted my chin up and smiled. "Don't be sorry, I know it's hard for you to get used to this change. You have experienced Christmas the same way for the past 17 years! You are going to feel upset about it." Brad said and I nodded. "Now how about we go and open your presents because I'm sure there are some great gifts down there." Brad suggested and I nodded. "Please try and be happy?" Brad asked and I nodded again. "I will try." I replied and he smiled.

He placed his lips on mine and delicately kissed my lips, I kissed him back and after a while he pulled away. "Merry Christmas baby." Brad whispered and rested his forehead against mine. "Merry Christmas Braddy." I replied and he giggled, he took my hand and we both walked downstairs and into the living room to see Alisha and Connor waiting for us so they can start opening their presents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while but I have my exams coming up next week and I need to be revising. Sorry if I don't update for a while but I will carry on with this story, you just may have to wait a few weeks until you get an update. I hope you are enjoying my story but I feel like it is getting worse and worse so I am going to finish this one very soon and then start a different one which actually has a proper story line. It will still be about the vamps but I might make one of the other boys the main character and I might do some other stuff to make it more interesting and to make it so it doesn't feel like you are reading the same stories over and over again! Once again thank you so much for reading and I hope you are enjoying this story, I will try and update as soon as possible but please bare with. Thank you! Xxx