Chapter 5

I then realised that I had spent too long in the kitchen so I started to walk up to my room even though I didn't want to, I might walk in on them kissing or something. I reached my bedroom and slowly opened the door a little to see what they were doing and I saw them sitting on my floor, Brad was laughing at something that she had said and I was getting a bit jealous. I decided to just go back downstairs and sit on the sofa, Brad just wanted to use this as an excuse to get with another girl. He doesn't actually want to help me with work, well... That's what it looks like he is doing anyway.

I must of sat on the sofa for about half an hour before they both walked down the stairs, I looked up at them and then looked at the floor. "What's wrong Evie?" Brad asked and sat next to me. "Nothing." I said. "Then why aren't you doing your work with us upstairs?" Brad asked. "Don't feel like it." I said and he rested his hand on my leg, I moved it away and then stood up. "Where are you going?" He asked. "Leaving you and Jade alone." I replied and went for the front door. "Why?" He asked. "I can see what you are doing, you are using me to get with Jade. I'm not stupid." I said and got my shoes on. "I'm not, I don't love Jade. She is just a friend." Brad said. "Yeah right. You know where everything is, I will be back later." I said and then opened the door. "Evie wait." Brad said and I stopped. "I don't love her, I love someone else..." He replied. "Who?" I asked. "I can't say..." He said and then I stepped out of the door. "Don't go, I can send Jade home if it is that much of a problem." Brad suggested. "No, it's fine. I will just go." I said but Brad grabbed my wrist. "Don't go!" He said, I was a bit shocked by this comment.

I stared at him for a little while and then I saw Jade walk over to us from the corner of my eye. "I will go." She said and then walked out of the door, she closed it behind me and then Brad smiled at me. "Now we are alone." He said and I nodded. "Shall I help you with your work now?" He asked. "No, I will do it myself." I said and he looked confused. "But that's why you wanted me to come round?" Brad asked. "I know but it's too much trouble, don't worry. You can go home if you want." I said and went and sat on the sofa in the living room. "I don't want to, I can finally spend some time with you! Connor isn't here." He said and I looked confused. "Why do you want to spend time with me?" I asked. "Because Connor normally tells me to stay away from you." He replied. "What? Why?" I asked. "I dunno, he just doesn't want me around you." Brad said and I looked at him. "But I wanna be around you..." I said and then regretted what I said afterwards. "I wanna be with you too..." Brad replied and I was shocked at this comment. "Why do you wanna be with me?" I asked. "Because your my friend and I care about you, I have always been the one that has looked after you when we used to hang out. Connor used to play football with the boys and I used to look after you, you were only about 6 and we were 7 or 8 years old." Brad said and I smiled. "I know." I said and blushed a little. "I feel like you are my little sister." Brad said and I hugged him, I didn't expect him to hug me back but he did.

"Do you wanna get your pjs on and we can make a start on your work?" Brad asked and I nodded, I went and got my pjs on and then walked downstairs with all of my books. "Where do you wanna start?" I asked and Brad looked at the pile of books in shock. "Erm..." He said and I giggled. "Don't worry. This is all of the work I have got to get through this year, we are only doing a couple of pages today." I said and he nodded.

We got all of the work finished pretty quickly and Connor wasn't coming home for at least another 4 hours. He doesn't normally get home until after midnight when he is out with Alisha. "What shall we do now?" He asked. "We could watch a film?" I asked. "We always watch a film, we should do something else." Brad said. "Like what?" I asked. "We could go in the garden?" Brad asked. "Why?" I asked and he grabbed my hand, he lead me out into the garden and then we laid down on the grass looking up at the sky. "We can look at the stars?" Brad said and stared at me. "This is nice." I said and then stared at him. "Yeah, it is..." He said and smiled at me, he then looked up at the sky again and so did I.

"What do you wanna do after college?" Brad randomly asked me and I shrugged my shoulders. "I dunno, you?" I asked. "Carry on with The Vamps I hope." Brad said and I nodded. "I hope you do well with it." I said and he smiled at me. "Thanks, I hope that I can carry on with the band and not let you get abuse for it." Brad said and I turned my head to look at him. "It doesn't matter about me, as long as your band is fine then it doesn't matter." I replied. "It does matter about you, you shouldn't have to get lots of hate just because you are Connor's sister." Brad said and I shrugged my shoulders. "I care about you." Brad said and I blushed a little bit. "As a friend?" I asked. "Yeah." Brad said and I sighed a little. "Why?" Brad asked. "No reason." I said and he nodded.

After about an hour we decided to go up to bed, it was about 10:30pm and we were both very tired. Me and Brad fell asleep next to each other, he had his arm around me which I thought was pretty cute.

I then woke up with a start because I heard the front door open, I started to panic because Brad wasn't meant to be with me. "Brad!" I whisper shouted. "What?..." He groaned and rolled over. "You have to leave..." I whispered. "Why?" He asked and rubbed his eyes. "Because Connor is home and your not meant to be here, why are you even asleep in the same bed as me?" I asked. "Because..." Brad started but I stopped him. "Just go, before Connor sees you." I said, he put his top back on and then climbed out of my window. He waved at me once he was on the ground and then ran off home, I got back into bed and Connor walked in. "Hey Evie." He said and I smiled. "Your home late, it's 2am." I said and he nodded. "Me and Alisha lost track of time." He said and I nodded. "Did you get anymore work done today?" He asked and I nodded, smiling at the memory's that I had with Brad. "Good good." He said, he kissed the top of my head and then left my room so he could go to sleep.

My phone then vibrated on my bedside table and I rolled over to check it:

1 message from Brad:
Thank you for this evening, I'm sorry I invited Jade along. I should of just come by myself but I guess I was just a bit nervous, I don't love her so don't worry. I won't bring her along anymore I promise, I would love to meet up with you again because I really enjoyed today. Maybe we can go out after college up to the shopping centre and get a Starbucks or something? I will see you soon :) x

I smiled at this message and I really wanted to go to Starbucks with Brad but I know Connor would never let me go, I think he can see that there is something going on between me and Brad but I don't even know if there is. He seems to like me but then other times he doesn't, he is confusing me and I have no idea what to think. Maybe he just likes me as a friend because like he said he always used to look after me when I was younger?

1 message to Brad:
It's ok about Jade and of course I would love to go to Starbucks with you but Connor probably won't let me go :( x

1 message from Brad:
It doesn't matter about Connor, you can just say that you are going out with a friend after school or something? X

1 message to Brad:
I suppose so x

1 message from Brad:
So, do you wanna come? I will buy you a drink and we can spend some more time together?

1 message to Brad:
Ok then, but why do you want to spend time with me?

1 message from Brad:
Because your my friend ;) x

1 message to Brad:
Ok... X

1 message from Brad:
I will leave you to go to sleep now, have a nice weekend and I will see you at college on Monday. I will also see you after college on Monday ;). Goodnight Evie x

1 message to Brad:
Goodnight Brad x

I put my phone down on my bedside table and then I eventually fell asleep once I had stopped thinking about Brad asking me to go to Starbucks with him.