Chapter 24

I woke up to my alarm ringing on my bedside table, I switched it off and rolled over to see that Brad had gone. I got washed and dressed and got the bus to school, Connor doesn't have to be in until later today. I walked up to my locker once I was in college and as I was sorting my books out I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around me from behind. "Hello beautiful." Brad whispered in my ear, a smile appeared on my face and I turned around to face him. "Hey." I replied and pecked him on the lips. "Did you sleep well?" He asked and I nodded, my arms were around his neck and his hands were resting on my waist. "Where did you go?" I asked. "I left earlier so my parents didn't know that I had gone." Brad said and I nodded.

"How are you feeling today?" He asked as I turned back to my locker. "Better, I feel like today is going to be a good day." I replied and Brad smiled. "Thats good, I spoke to Connor last night." Brad said and I stopped what I was doing. "Why?" I asked. "To see why he isn't talking to you." Brad said and I turned to face him. "What did he say?" I asked. "He didn't realise that he was ignoring you, recently he has been spending time with Alisha because it has been 2 years of them being in a relationship." Brad said and I looked confused. "He still shouldn't ignore me." I replied and Brad nodded. "I know, I explained to Connor what you think and how you feel. He is going to have a chat with you later." Brad said and I grabbed hold of Brad's hand. "Come with me?" I asked and Brad giggled. "I can't, it is time for you and Connor to talk." Brad said and I gave him the puppy dog eyes. "Fine..." Brad said and I jumped into his arms. "Thank you." I mumbled into his neck and he kissed the top of my head. "No problem baby." He replied and I smiled at him.

I then closed my locker and Brad held my hand as we walked down the stairs, Brad dropped me off outside of my classroom and I pecked him on the lips. "Where shall I meet you later?" I asked. "Well I have a full day of lessons today so maybe by your locker?" Brad asked and I nodded. "I have a full day as well." I replied and he hugged me. "I will see you later baby." He said and then walked off to his classroom.

I walked into my class and sat down at the back of the classroom as normal, I got my books out and the teacher started a 2 hour lesson. For the first half the teacher talked us through our work and then he gave us our course work. "You will be spending 4 weeks on this essay, you can write about whatever you want but it has to be a good story. I expect you to write at least half of the book and then you can write the rest of it on a later date. I will give you 2 days to think of a story line and I want you to come and find me and tell me. Does everyone understand?" The teacher explained and everyone nodded apart from me, I was in my own world writing Brad's name over and over again on a bit of paper in front of me. "Evie?" The teacher said but I didn't hear. "Evie?" He repeated. "Evie!" He shouted and I jumped. "Huh? What?" I said and the teacher walked up to me, he gave me a sheet of paper with everything that he had just explained on it and I sighed when I read it.

Coursework: You will be spending 4 weeks on this essay, you can write about whatever you want but it has to be a good story. I expect you to write at least half of the book in the 4 weeks and then you can write the rest of it at a later date. I will give you 2 days to think of a story line and I want you to come and find me and tell me. Good luck...

I looked up at the teacher and he told everyone to start thinking of a story line, I spent the whole hour drawing Brad's name on the front of my book. I couldn't think of a story line right now, all I can think about is Brad...

Break time finally came and I went to find Brad, I waited outside of his classroom and he came out with a smile on his face. "Hey." I said and he pulled me into a hug, I hugged him back and took a deep breath. He smells so nice... "You ok?" He asked and I nodded, I then realised that I was holding the book that has Brad's name written all over it. I hid it behind my back and he looked at me confused as we walked to the canteen. "What's behind your back?" Brad asked and I panicked. "Nothing..." I said and he looked at me. "You can't trick me, come on. Show me?" Brad said, I sighed and handed him my book. I looked down at the floor in embarrassment and I could feel the smile growing across Brad's face. "Sorry..." I mumbled and he pulled me into a hug. "What is this for?" I asked and he pulled me in for a kiss, I kissed him back and smiled at him. "Your book looks cute..." Brad said and handed it back to me, I blushed a bit and he kissed me again. "I didn't get any work done today, I couldn't stop thinking about you..." I mumbled and Brad smiled. "I couldn't stop thinking about you either but it helped me write some song lyrics today." Brad said and I smiled. "The song is going to be about me?" I asked and he nodded, we both hugged and then walked the rest of the way to the canteen.

We sat on a table by ourselves and Brad held my hand across it while he ate his crisps. "You ok?" He asked as he could see that I was a bit zoned out. "Yeah, I have just been given this coursework that I need to complete in 4 weeks." I said and Brad nodded. "What do you have to do?" He asked. "I have to write a story but I have no idea what story line to choose." I said and Brad smiled. "About me and you?" He asked and I giggled. "I would but I don't think my teacher wants to read about our love life." I said and Brad giggled. "Yeah, I think your right there." Brad said and kissed my hand, I smiled and leaned over the table to kiss him. He kissed me back passionately and I giggled. "I wish we were alone." Brad said as he pulled away. "Why?" I asked. "I wanna kiss you." Brad said and winked which made me blush. "You just were kissing me..." I said and he smiled. "I wanna go a bit further." Brad said and I blushed a bit more.

Brad giggled at me and I smiled back, he started to write some more song lyrics and I ate my apple. "How's the song going?" I asked and he smiled. "Good now thanks, I have you for inspiration." Brad said and I blushed a little. "I'm not that interesting." I said and brad smiled. "Yeah you are..." He replied and squeezed my hand a bit. "Can you tell me what lyrics you have got so far?" I asked and he smiled. "If you want to read it then you can." Brad replied and he nodded, he handed me the sheet of paper and smiled at me.

Chorus:
Coz when I think of you I get a little feeling
And it starts to bubble up inside
And then I'm all messed up
Coz all I see is windmills in the sky
You've got me acting like a school girl
You've got me cheering like your number 1 fan
My head is spinning like a windmill
And all you have to do is touch my hand
You know I lie awake at night now
Just imagining how it would feel
If you were lying by my side now
It's the thought of you that makes it real

Once I had finished reading I looked up at him and smiled. "I know it's not very good but I'm not done yet..." Brad said and I looked at him a bit shocked. "Brad, this is amazing!" I said and he looked shocked. "Really?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah! This is like second album material!" I said and Brad smiled. "I suppose it is..." Brad said and I pulled him in to a hug over the table.