I.

"Tajah tell mom that I am fine please." I said closing my car door with my foot. My hands are so full with my therapy equipment. I walked through the parking lot while still continuing my conversation on the phone with my little sister.

"Yeah yeah I know... I'm gonna fly you out here soon."

Good thing somebody was walking out the door because I would be in huge trouble. I walked through the lobby as the person at the front desk waved. I smiled back and walked towards the elevator.

"Everything is going great Tajah I promise ok?"

I walked up to the elevator and a tall figure stood in front of the doors. He noticed my presence, so he stood to the side as we waited for the doors to open. When I looked up at the person, I realized how good he looked. As a matter of fact, this man was daddy material. He flashed a smile at me because he noticed I was staring. Look at me being a total idiot.

The doors opened and he gestured me to go first. I thanked him and I walked in as my sister was still on the phone talking.

"Tajah I'm gonna call you back when I get settled ok?"

He stepped on right after me and the doors closed.

"What floor?" He asked with his deep husky voice.

"U-uhh 11 please." I stuttered out. This man got me stuttering. I need to get to my loft quick.

He didn't push another button so I assumed we were on the same floor.

"Yes, I'm gonna call you back later. If I don't then you call me ok? I gotta go cause my hands are full...... Ok tell ma I said hi... Bye."

I had the phone still up to my ear because couldn't remove my hands from the things I was holding. I guess the guy noticed I was struggling because he chuckled. When he laughed, I dropped one of three boxes I was carrying.

"Aye you dropped something." He said as I glared at him.

"Ohhhh really... I didn't notice." I said almost kneeling down to grab the box.

The elevator doors opened and he reached down to grab the box.

"Here you go." He said putting the box on top of everything.

"Thanks" I said walking off the elevator. As I was walking down the hall, he followed right behind me.

"Hey, I've never seen you around here before." I heard him say as I stopped in my tracks. When I stopped, my phone fell from my ear and two boxes fell.

"This is so embarrassing ummm..." I said laughing and shaking my head. We both kneeled down to pick up my stuff. He picked up my phone and a box that dropped.

"It's ok... You look cute when you're embarrassed." He said standing up and flashing a gorgeous smile. This guy was breath-taking. I already knew that I was blushing.

"Thanks umm...."

"Chris... You can call me Chris."

"Thanks Chris, but I just moved here maybe 2 weeks ago." I said as he walked me to my door.

"Oh, I live 2 doors down." He said pointing down the hallway.

"Oh thats nice... I guess we're kinda neighbors then." I said smiling.

We stood there in a comfortable silence until he broke it.

"You must love being here with me cause you ain't made type of effort to go inside yet." He said as a smirk peered on his lips.

"Whatever Mr.Cockiness, I can't get my keys outta my pocket cause my hands are full." I said scoffing and rolling my eyes. In all honesty, I did like being in his presence even though I just met the guy. His skin is flawless, he has these freckles all over his face, and he has a beautiful smile.

"Do you mind if I reach and grab them?" He asked getting permission to open my door.

I shook my head letting him know that he could grab the keys. He leaned forward towards my pocket and pulled the key out. He unlocked the door and let me step in first. I put my bag of equipment down along with the boxes in my hand. He placed the one box down and he handed me my keys.

"Thanks so much for the help Chris... I was really struggling."

"Oh I know... That's why I helped."

When I looked up, I saw that he was typing in my phone.

"Uhhh what are you doin?" I asked him with a confused expression.

"You'll see... Here you go... See you around Chicago." He said handing me my phone and biting his bottom lip. Why in the world did he call me Chicago? I looked at the box he was holding and it's said "from Chicago" in big letters. With that, he closed the door and he left. I smiled to myself as I saw "Big Daddy Chris😛" in my messages. I guess he texted himself so he could have my number.

I can tell that this was the start of something good.

---------------------

Thanks for reading!

Any thoughts so far? Any questions?

Do you think that they are gonna turn out good ? 🤔

What y'all doing for summer break? 😊