XLIV.

"Aye can you meet me and Red outside of Shake Shack?"

It's a place that sells burgers and the whole 9 yards.

"August I just got in the house." I said walking down my hallway.

"Girl.... It is 6:32... You acting like its late at night. We wanna talk ta' you." He said persuading me.

"Ughhhh to talk about whatttt?!" I groaned aloud walking back towards the elevator.

"Girl stop being stubborn and come on. I'll see you in a few." He said hanging up.

I know good and well he ain't just hang up on me. Then, he gone ask me to meet him somewhere. I took the elevator and walked to my car. I threw my purse in the passenger's seat.

"Ughhhh!! The moment I try to go to sleep. I can't because I have to do what others want me to do? Why did I even answer the phone when I saw his name pop up? Look at me being crazy. Why am I talking to myself? Jay just shut up and drive." I said aloud as I shut the car door and drove off.

----------------

(August's POV)

"So is she coming?" Red asked sitting on down at the table with his food.

"Yeah she on da' way right now." I said sliding my phone in my pocket.

So we decided to schedule a pre-party meeting for the two love birds. Chris really wanted to talk to her because he felt like he wouldn't have time tomorrow.

"Nigga you gotta bring your A game... This is your last shot. We counting on you Chris." Red said taking a bite out of his burger.

"Man she prolly ain't gone listen to me." Chris said shaking his head.

"Chris stop thinkin negative... If you think negative, it's gone be a negative outcome." I said slurping on my pop.

"Ion know man...." Chris said putting his face in his hands.

"Chris do you want your girl back?!" Red asked semi-yelling.

"Of course I want her back."

"Well stop being a punk and toughen up. You are a grown man so handle yo business bro." Red said chomping down on some fries.

-----------------

(Jay's POV)

I turned off No Sleeep by Janet Jackson and J. Cole as I pulled into a parking lot across the street from Shake Shack. I turned the car off and I hopped out. I kept my phone in my hand and I looked both ways before crossing the street.

I walked up the stores towards the restaurant as I was about to call August.

"Jay!" I heard my name being called from a table nearby. As I walked towards it, I saw Red and August. Somebody was sitting in the other seat, but they had their head down on the table.
I couldn't see who it was because all of his other body parts were under the table. It was weird.

"Aye sis... I see you're finally talkin ta' me again." August said smiling.

"Oh shut up August and get to the point. Wassup?" I asked standing in front of the table.

"Hey Red... I see your stuffing your face today huh?" I asked laughing. He tried to say hey but his mouth was full, so he just shook his head yes.

"Ummm Jay..."

"Yes August?" I asked crossing my arms. He tilted his head into the direction of the other person. Slowly, the person picked his head up and showed me his face. I slowly backed away from the table and ran towards the street. I wasn't ready to see Chris yet. When I saw him in person, it brought back the day we broke up.

"Jay wait!!" I heard Chris yell as he came after me. I ran in the middle of the street as cars stopped. I unlocked my car door and I ran to the driver's side. As I opened my door and climbed in, I heard my back door open.

"Man what the----" I said as I was cut off.

"Baby just listen to me!" I heard Chris say as he closed his door.

"Chris can you please get out?!" I semi-yelled at him.

"No! I'm not getting out... We gone talk about this like some grown ups." He said remaining in the backseat. I felt like I was on the verge of tears. But, I wasn't gonna cry today. I can't show him my weakness.

"Come back here" He said waiting for me to move.

"I don't want to." I said staying in the front seat.

"Naw you gone listen to me. I said get back here." He said with a stern voice. He sounded so sexy talking like that. I climbed in the backseat and he moved out of the way. I couldn't look at him because then my motives would be defeated. I can't believe August set me up.

"What Chris?" I asked looking out the window.

"Jay please look at me." He said as his voice softened. I felt his big hand grasp mine. I missed his touch so much. He grabbed my chin in his other hand and made me look in his eyes.

All I saw was hurt and regret. I had to hold back my tears.

"It's been 2 months since we've been this close to each other. I missed you so much and I know the feeling is mutual. You can't deny it." He said grazing my cheek with his thumb. I wanted to break down right here in this car.

"You still may not talk to me... But, I want you to hear me out and at least give me a chance. The day we ended things, I told you the truth and nothing but the truth. I'm sticking to that. Baby that day, I felt that a piece of me left. I was hurt mentally then and I am still hurt." He said locking our fingers together as I tried to look away from him.

I'm listening to every word. I know that if I keep looking at him, there is gonna be a river of tears.

"I know you've been crying lately. I know you still love me. Even if you did say that you hated me, it was a lie." He said running his fingers through my hair. What is he doing to me?

"I fell so deep in love with you. I can't stop thinking about you. When I looked up from the table and I saw you, I froze because I was nervous. I knew you'd run or do something like that. It was kinda crazy how you ran out in the street though." He said chuckling as I chuckled lightly.

"I still love you.. And I found out that you've been seeing someone else. Then the nigga got the nerve to have the same name as me. I know it's true right? You like him?" He said as his voice sounded a little agitated.

I slowly shook my head yes and put it down. In all honesty I was hanging out with Q's cousin to help me get my mind off of Chris.

I let out a deep sigh and he pulled me into his lap. I began to sob and tears streamed down my face. I covered my face as he wrapped his arms around my back.

"Jay please don't do this... I'm willing to do anything to keep you. Please don't let this nigga take you away from me. I need you in my life. Your all that matters to me." He said as his voice was starting to get shaky. Chris also began hugging me and rocking me back and forth.

"Can you say something? Anything?" He asked me while wiping the tears from my eyes. I was speechless and I didn't know why.

"I-I'm sorry Chris...." I said shaking my head and getting off of his lap. He looked at me like he was finally defeated.

He wiped the rest my tears with his thumb and kissed on my cheek.

"It's okay... I still love you..." He said as he stepped out of the car.

There I go letting him walk out of my life once again.
----------------

Thanks for reading! 💋