XXXVII.

(Jay's POV)

I held the door for Tae as we walked in the door of the building with his crutches. I was still bright and early. I saw A.J. at the desk as I waved to her. She gave me a smile, but then it changed to an unreadable expression.

"Hold on Tae... Have a seat." I said pointing to the couches and walking up the desk.

"Hey Jay.... you okay?" She asked as I gave her a half smile.

"Yeah I'm just still a little tired... That's all." I said rubbing my arm.

"Where are you coming from? Whose that on the couch? He's cute." She whispered to me as I chuckled quietly...

"That's my brother... He was in an accident last night and I had to drive to San Diego to go get him. That's why I'm coming in so early." I said yawning. I really am tired.

"Aw you poor thing... I hope you feel better." She said across the room to Tae Tae as he smiled.

"I'm about to go upstairs and crash." I said walking away.

"Um.. Jay?"

"Yeah?" I asked turning around.

"There's something that you need to know, but I think you should take your brother upstairs first." She said with a disgusted look on her face.

"I did something wrong? Why you lookin like that?" I asked because I was confused by her facial expression.

"No you didn't do nothin... Somebody else did." She said shaking her head. I already knew my brother was listening in on our conversation.

"Tell me A.... What happened? I missed something while I was gone?" I asked walking back up to the desk.

"You might wanna get him situated first and then come back down so we can talk... Cause you're probably gonna wanna leave straight back out." She said scratching the back of her head.

"Why can't you tell---?"

"Just come back down Jay.. Please... Go and come back." She said with a pouty face.

"Alright... I'm coming right back..." I said walking away.

"Bring your car keys with you!" She semi-yelled across the lobby. I nodded my head ok and I got on the elevator with Tae.

"What happened back there?" He asked.

"I have no idea but I'm gonna find out as soon as I get you situated in my condo." I said as we landed on the floor and the doors opened up.

"Naw naw why can't I go?" He asked as he followed me to the door. He's gotten used to those crutches quick.

"Because I don't know what's going on and you have to rest so you can get better. Now stop asking all these questions and go in." I said opening the door as he walked in.

"I gotta use the bathroom so if you don't excuse me." I said running to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth afterwards and walked back out and grabbed my car keys and phone.

"Help yourself to the fridge but don't go over board... I know you.. Don't break nothin either. I'll be back in a few." I said walking towards the door.

"Ight be careful!" He yelled out as I walked out of the door.

(5 minutes later)

"You saw what again?" I asked getting angry.

"Girl so I came in and put my stuff down.. Then that girl Malorie came walking off of the elevator. Then she had the nerve to say some good morning. I don't like you." She said rolling her eyes.

My phone vibrated a couple of times indicating that I was receiving text messages from an unknown number.

"Who the heck is this?" I asked myself as I unlocked my phone. As I looked through the message thread, pictures were being sent and my heart broke in a million pieces. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

There were pictures of Chris and Malorie in the car together, she was in his room, she was laying with him in his bed, and she was on top of him. Anger ran through my blood because I was ready to kill somebody. The text said.

Unknown Number: Good morning, I just wanted you to know... This is what your man does when he's not with you

Then, a video was sent.

"Girl you gotta get my good side. I wanna be famous." Chris said chuckling and rubbing his eyes.

"Trust me I will." She said smirking and then ending the video.

I played it aloud and A.J heard everything. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I cannot believe that he did this to me.

"So this is why he wasn't answering my calls? Cause he's out with her!!? Where are they now? I gotta figure out where Chris is." I said as more tears streamed down my face. A.J moved over and hugged me from behind as we were sitting down on the couch.

I went to Snapchat and I looked for any recents from any of the guys. I saw videos from Red's snap at the club last night. I looked at Jamal's snapchat and saw the same... But, I saw Chris and and August in some of the videos. That was exactly what I needed to look at.. August's snap.

I tapped on his story and skipped through the club videos and his most recent picture was outside of Chris' house 30 minutes ago.

"I gotta go A.... I gotta go..." I said getting up and grabbing my keys and wiping my tears.

"Jay sweetheart you don't need to be driving and crying at the same time. Let me drive you." She said grabbing her purse.

"But, A.J you have to work, you're still on duty." I said walking out and still wiping my eyes.

"Girl, skip this place... Nobody is here anyway... I'm here for you." She said taking my keys and getting in the driver's seat. I got in the passenger's seat and grabbed tissue out of the glove compartment.

Everything Chris ever told me about loving me was going down the drain. To think that he was making all these songs about me, and him getting mad at Q. He has some nerve and he was out with Malorie. Then, August knew... August always knows. But, he never tells me. He's another person that said he would talk to me about everything. That's going down the drain too.

I just knew that Chris wouldn't be the one to hurt me. Look at him now, he's just another Jacob.
-----------------

😪

Thanks for reading! 💋