XI.

(August's POV)

We walked back in iHop and walked to the table. When we sat down, I felt all of this tension in the room. I mean, Jay was cool n allat cause of the talk dat we had. Everybody was eating there food and I still felt eyes on this table.

I looked over at Mal's table and she was starin' Jay down like there was no tomorrow.

"Either this is really good, or I must be real hungry." Jay said trying to break the silence.

"Nah... Yo fat self is prolly hungry." Red said earning a laugh from everyone at the table except Chris.

"Oh shut up and finish your plate period head." She said causing the table to burst out in laughter. That was hilarious. Chris still was the only one not laughing. He must be buggin' hard about something.

"Aw ok .. I see how it is.. I thought you was lil Red and I thought we was cool." Red said to her with his bottom lip poked out.

"Awnnnnn I'm sorry... But, don't come for me unless I send for you boo." She said taking a sip of her apple juice.

"Jay got you good Red." Trey said chuckling.

"Chris, you got something by your.. Never mind I'll get it for you." She said getting a napkin and reaching to wipe the syrup off by his mustache. But, he moved back in an agitated way.

"Just leave it alone." Chris said.

"But, I was just trying to---" she said but was soon cut off.

"Jay I said let it be... Dang don't do too much. Why won't you just let me be." He said slamming his fork down. We got looks from people all around the room. What is wrong wit dis nigga?

"Chris... Chill out..." Jamal said as he looked around the room.

"You know what, I'm trynna be nice, but you wanna be mean for no reason. So, I will let you be.. I hope you find a ride back to your car, or a ride to work. I see this is what I get for being nice all the time. I'm done." She said getting up and grabbing her purse.

"Jay no don't go." I said.

"Lil Red don't leave, he ain't mean it." Red said trying not to convince me to come back.

"Nah... Thanks for breakfast guys, but I'm out." She said walking away from the table to her car. We all looked out the window, and we saw her pull out of the parking lot.

"Nigga what was dat? Why you do her like dat man?" I asked Chris cause now I'm annoyed. He ain't have to go off on her.

"C.B you know we always got yo back, but that wasn't right..." Trey said still eating his food.

"I ain't mean it like that... I'm just so pissed right now... I ain't mean to spazz on her. She prolly ain't even gone talk to me now." Chris said face-palming his self.

"You need to fix that bro. Now, why is she coming back over here. Red, in a minute, I will have you bring out the 40." Jamal said getting annoyed.

"Hey August" Malorie said to me as I waved her off. I do not have time for it today.

"Can you please just let us be?" Chris asked her as she giggled to herself.

"It seems like it's trouble over here in paradise. What is it? You mad from earlier, so you spazzed out on her? She ain't gone talk to you now." Malorie said laughing and walking away. Chris groaned aloud in frustration.

"I wanna kill that girl yo.... I'm so over it..." Chris said drinking his juice.

"We all do my brothaaaaa... We all do." Red said trynna lighten up the mood.