LXV.

(Jay's POV 2 Weeks Later)

Things have been so hard for me. I can't do anything for myself unless I ask Chris for it. We kind of had a huge argument a couple of days ago. The memory of him and Malorie in the same bed came back. When I remembered that, let's just say that it wasn't pretty. I was throwing things from my wheelchair and he was ducking like there was no tomorrow. Chris had to talk me down and let me know that we squashed everything.

I believed him, so now here we are. Then, the memory of the car crash came to me yesterday. I fully got my memory back. Chris is taking me in as one of his patients and so is Q.

My family flew back to Chicago about 2 days ago. They extended their stay because of my accident. It was good to have them around for me. I was knocked out of my thoughts as Chris came in the room.

"How you feelin this morning?" He asked walking in with his clip board and his therapy bag.

"I feel fine... Look why can't I just be my own therapist for myself. I don't need you or Q to do paperwork on me when I know what I'm doing." I said folding my arms as he walked in the kitchen.

"Why can't you just let us do our job?" I heard Q said as he walked in my living room.

I groaned aloud as I saw Chris set his stuff down and go in the pantry.

"Chris!! You better put a dollar in the jar!" I semi-yelled from the living room as Q chuckled.

"Aye Chris can you toss me some fruit snacks?" Q asked as he smiled at me.

"I gotchu man... I'm broke today baby. I'm sorry." Chris said smiling and taking out some snacks.

"You better be glad I can't walk properly cause I would get you good." I said mean mugging the both of them.

Chris tossed Q his fruit snacks and they both took a seat on the couch in front of me.

"Q in all honesty... I know what exercises I need to do to move my knee. I don't really need you." I said adjusting myself in my seat.

"I know... But, I'm basically getting paid for doing nothin... You're my patient... I get paid for you." He said chuckling.

"Aye that's smart man.. I ain't even think of that." Chris said pulling at his chin hair.

"I'm so glad that you guys are getting along! When did this happen?" I asked with a little kid grin on my face.

"In the hospital... That's stupid stuff is behind us. Now, work on stretching that knee." Q said slouching down in the couch.

"Okay baby I'm gonna ask you a couple of questions and then I'm done." Chris said looking up at me.

"Ask away."

"Show me how far can you bend your knee."

In my wheelchair, I lifted up my knee. Everyday I can lift it further than before.

"Wow that's better than yesterday." Q said as Chris was taking notes down on his evaluation.

"I know that... That's why I don't need you. I do my own stuff and Chris why you over there writing down so much." I said chuckling.

"I'm filling in all the stuff I know about you. Like what you eat, how you've been sleeping, and how often you use the bathroom." He said while letting out a deep chuckle.

"Aye you be watching me too closely to know how often I use the bathroom." I said laughing hysterically.

"TMI, aye y'all want some breakfast? I'm getting takeout from this cafe down the street." Q said while grabbing his car keys.

"Yeah that sounds good.... I just want pancakes and bacon." Chris said looking up.

"French toast for me!!" I said like a little kid. I love French toast.

"Okay... I'll be back in a few." Q said walking out my front door and closing it.

"Now it's just me and you." I said to Chris smiling. He smiled back and he set his stuff to the side while standing up.

"Lemme see if you can stand."

I sat up and I stood up on one foot. I was slightly afraid of standing on the other one because of my knee. I always tell my patients to stop being scared. Don't think, just do it. Now look at me thinking too hard.

"You're thinking too hard about it baby. Just do it." Chris said as I closed my eyes.

It's like he can read my freaking mind. I kept my eyes closed and I slowly bended my knee. The more I bended it, the more I could feel my right foot touch the ground.

"Alright! I knew you could do it!" I heard Chris semi-yell as I opened my eyes. He walked towards me and grabbed me by my waist.

"Can you walk?"

"I can limp a little bit." I said slightly walking. He scooped me up in his arms and he sat down on the couch with me in his lap.

I rested my head on his chest as he put his big hand on my thigh.

"Chris..... Thank you so much."

"For what?

"You were there every step of the way for me. You didn't leave my side not once. Even when I forgot you, you still stood right there and you didn't give up on me." I said kissing his cheek.

"Princess we promised each other we wouldn't give up. I'm not breaking that promise. But, why did you do it? I still don't understand why..." He said looking down at me.

"Whatchu mean? Why what?"

"You took an unexpected hit for me. You should've just let me be the one. I didn't like you being in the hospital like that. I could've lost you baby." He said running his thumb across my cheek. He looked in my eyes with sorrow.

"Chris..... I did it because I love you. That's the past. You don't have to walk around moping and remembering what happened. I'm okay now and that's what matters." I said pulling his chin down to kiss his lips. He smiled between the kiss and he bit my bottom lip. I kissed him once last time and then I let go.

"Man I love you so much... So... How long do you have leave for work?" He asked playing in my hair.

"They gave me 2 months and I still get paid. That's a beautiful thing." I said wiping fake tears.

"You're so childish." He said chuckling and planting kisses all over my face. I tried to push him off, but he didn't care.

I cherish these moments.

----------------------

Sorry this is a boring chapter😬

Thanks for reading though! 💋