XXIV.

(Anybody's POV)

"Chris this is Mike... Mike this is----"

Jay was immediately cut off as Mike dapped up Chris like they've known each other for years.

"Aye nigga where you been? I ain't seen you inna minute." Mike said to Chris as her eyes grew.

"Man ya boy been working and workin on the music stuff ya know?" Chris said smiling and looking down at me.

"Wait wait wait a minute... I am confused." Jay said shaking her head.

"Oh I've known Mike for years... We go way back." Chris said trying to make me understand.

"Aye Mike, how much for the shirts on clearance?" Red asked as Jay chuckled aloud.

"Ohhhh I forgot to put a price on the shirts on clearance." Mike said scratching the back of his head.

"How much are they Mike?" A.J asked.

"$25.99"

"Do you want us to make an announcement?" Jay asked Mike.

"You would do that?"

"Of course... I gotchu...." Jay said as her and A.J walked to the middle of the store.

"CAN I GET EVERYONE'S ATTENTION PLEASE!" A.J yelled aloud as everyone in the store stopped.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHOPPING HERE TONIGHT! WE JUST WANTED TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT ALL THE SHIRTS AND PANTS ON THE CLEARANCE TABLES ARE $25.99! YOU MAY RESUME WITH YOUR PURCHASES!" Jay said concluding her statement and hearing thank you's from people.

"Jay Imma have to use you more often for events." Mike said.

"Yeah and at my parties and stuff... Your a good organizer." Red said walking over and patting me on the back.

"But anyways I like how I'm just finding out that y'all know each other." Jay said looking back at Chris and Mike.

"Yeah yeah my bad..."

"How you and Mike know each other?" Chris asked Jay as the guys were waiting for an answer.

"I met him the first day I got here." She said.

"Yeah we been tight ever since. But, Chris... Where ya girl at? You normally have----"

Chris cut Mike off by grabbing her hand and locking his fingers with hers. She moved closer to him as she waited for him to understand.

"Ohhhhh you two are together. This is the guy you was talking about the day you went to Burger King." Mike said with his face in awe.

"Yep this is the guy." She said leaning her head on his arm.

When she did that, she looked across the store to see Malorie staring at her.

"Why is she starin at me? Does she have a problem?" Jay asked getting a little loud.

"What's wrong lil bit?" Trey asked as the crew put their attention on me.

"Chris you better tell ya girl to stop staring at me like she wanna do somethin." Jay said walking away from Chris.

"Man me and Aug can take care of it. Oooooo I'm bouta treat her man. Being high is gonna make it 100% funnier." Red said walking away
laughing.

"Aye when y'all done meet us at the car."
Chris said to August.

"Aye Mike... Imma get her outta here. I don't want nothin happening at your event." Chris said as Jamal and Trey helped them walk towards the door.

"Okay ... Thanks for coming and supporting. Me and you gotta get in the booth man. Aye sis, thank you so much for all the help. You really came through for ya big bro. I got a package coming to your house soon. Be on the lookout. You too A.J it's some stuff in there for you too." Mike said walking us out.

"You know I got you Mike." Jay said giving Mike a hug.

"Where is the hoe going?! Why she leaving?! She must be scary!" Malorie yelled out over Red and August.

"Scary hoe!? She got me messed up cause I'm far from it!" Jay yelled back as Chris tried to take her out the store.

"That's why Chris don't want you!"

"Who he wit now tho! Right exactly! Come say that to my face!" Jay yelled back trying to get out of Chris' grip.

"Jay baby just let it go!" Chris yelled to her to calm her down.

"She ain't worth it lil bit please come on." Trey said also calming her down.

"Security have that woman in the back escorted out please. Jay I need to talk to you over here real quick. I need you to chill out first man." Mike said as he stood outside with us.

(With Red & August)

"You ain't gone have no friends... You stupid hoe. You always gotta mess up somethin nice for somebody."

"Shut up Red dangggg. That's why you ain't gone ever get wit this..Now I know why you so mad." Malorie said as August looked at him for a comeback.

"Man ion want you. You built like a chicken nugget. Ain't got no good body shape at all. You need to go play in traffic witcha block head a--" Red said as security cut him off and walked up to her.

"The hoe train is pickin up the last passenger fa' the night... Have a blessed one nah." August said waving good-bye and laughing at the past events.

(With Jay)

"I'm jus trynna be a good bro and give you a heads up Jay that's all."

"Alright Mike I get that, but people keep coming to me with the same stuff. This isn't the Chris that I'm seeing. I'm looking at a changed side."

"Yeah I get that, but like I said, me and him go way back and I know how he used to treat girls and how it was with Malorie. I just want you to think about what you're getting yourself into." Mike said giving her a hug.

"I really care about him though. All these people keep making me think twice." She said letting go and looking down.

"I gotta go Mike. Thanks for tonight and I'm so proud of you. I'll call you in a couple of days to check up on you and King." Jay said walking away and going to her car. A.J was already standing by it and waiting.

"What's wrong girl?" She asked.

"All these people keep telling me to watch out for Chris... I'm just scared of getting my heartbroken again and I'm sick of crying so much. I'm over it A.J."

"It's alright. No matter what happens, I got your back girl."

Jay was beyond annoyed. She was once again rethinking the relationship. Was Chris really gonna hurt her?