XXXVIII.

(August's POV)

"You see anything on her Instagram Red?" Chris asked as he sat down on the couch.

"Nah... Nothin... She posted a video on her snapchat while leaving yo building though." He said drinking out of his bottle of water.

"Man... Jay ain't answering my phone call either mane. This is really buggin." I said sitting on the couch.

"Man Imma go take a shower then Imma head over to her place to see what's going on." Chris said going up the steps to his room.

"Mane this is crazy... She ain't neva did me like this...." I said thinking hard. Something has got ta' be going on.

"Aye I still don't trust Malorie... I saw Jay yesterday morning and she was all cool and laughing. Then, all of a sudden she don't wanna talk to nobody. Some ain't right man." Red said walking around.

"I bet you Malorie did something else... We gotta-----" I was cut off as somebody was banging on the door.

"Who bangin on the door like they the police?" Red asked while walking to the door. As soon as it opened, Jay flew right in.

"WHERE IS HE!?" She asked while yelling.

"Whoa whoa whoa Red calm down... What's going on???" Red asked getting in front of her.

"Red move outta my way." She said walking around him.

"Hol' up nah why haven't you been answering your phone." I asked.

"Don't worry about me... I can't believe you.. You ain't tell me about him seeing Malorie at the studio and you ain't tell me he was with Malorie last night! You said we would talk about everything and I can vent to you! Nigga I'm done witchu... You just lost a little sister.. CHRIS WHERE YOU AT!" She said to me as she ran upstairs.

"What just happened man? What you do?" Red asked me walking towards me.

"Man.... How she find out? I couldn't tell her man... Chris told me not to. That's on Chris... He gotta fix this cause I ain't never seen her dat mad. Especially bein pissed at me." I said shaking my head.

(Chris' POV)

I was about to get in the shower until I heard w bunch of noise downstairs. I threw on my jogging pants and prepared to walk out of my room until I saw an angry person down the hall.

"I just wasn't good enough for you huh?" She asked walking slowly towards me as tears streamed down her face.

"Wait what? What you mean you not good enough." I asked standing there confused.

"Nigga don't play the dumb role with me. Me and you, we are done! We are over!" She yelled at me as she ran down the stairs.

"WHAT!? HOLD UP WHAT YOU MEAN WE DONE!" I yelled as I chased her down the stairs. I grabbed her wrist and she yanked back with force. I have never seen her this angry.

"All the times you said you'd never hurt me. You'd never lie to me. The promise we made that we would always tell the truth. You said you'd always be there for me! There is no more me and you Chris!" She yelled at me. She knows I don't like being yelled at.

"What are you talking about!? I am always there for you!"

"Lie again!! Lie again!! I called you and I called you and I called you last night around 9... Even various times after that! You ain't answer the phone! I even texted you! Where were you!?"

"You ain't call me! Ion got no proof of you calling me! I called you a thousand times this morning and you ain't answer me! But, where was you at!!? You was wit yo so called best friend! Right!" I said yelling at her as she looked at me in disgust.

"NIGGA YOU HAVE LOST YOR FREAKIN MIND! I CALLED YOU LAST NIGHT BECAUSE MY BROTHER WAS IN AN ACCIDENT AND HE WAS IN THE FREAKIN HOSPITAL!! I CALLED YOU TO SEE IF YOU COULD RIDE WITH ME TO SAN DIEGO CAUSE I DIDNT WANNA RIDE BY MYSELF!"

I stood there in regret.

"Yeah! You silent now! I needed you last night Chris! I was so scared cause I thought I was gonna lose my brother! Were you there for me? NO! But, you know who was there! Who has always been there?! Q! That's why I made him my best friend! Ever since I moved down there he's been by my side no matter what! You hurt me!" She yelled out as she was drying her tears.

"Baby I'm so----"

"I don't want your sorry Chris! Your words mean nothing to me! Then, explain these!" She yelled out showing me pictures from last night. Red and August came to look to and they backed up afterwards.

"Whoa" Red said covering up his mouth.

"Baby I promise you we didn't do nothin! I put that on everything I love!" I said walking towards her as she backed up.

"How can I believe you when I have proof that she left your place this morning and I have pictures of her with you in your bed last night! I can't believe you. All these songs you wrote about me meant nothin! You claimed you would never be Jacob, but look at you now! You know I went back and forth about another relationship and you promised me that you wouldn't break my heart! I hate you!" She yelled out and backed up towards the door.

"Baby you don't mean that..." I said grabbing her hand.

"Yes I do! I hate you!" She semi-yelled and let go of my hand. She walked out of the door.

"I can't lose her man! No Jay wait!" I yelled out chasing her outside.

(Jay's POV)

Q was right. I do need a getaway. I ran out of his house and I saw A.J still in the driver's seat.

"Jay Wait!" I heard Chris yell out. I stopped in my tracks and I turned around to see him with August and Red behind him.

"Baby please don't leave me. I did not sleep with her I promise you. You know how I feel about you. I was drunk last night I'm sorry---"

"Chris I needed you! You wanna talk about respect?! Then, this Malorie chick can prance around with these pictures making me look stupid! I can't believe you when I have all the pictures and these videos with you and her! All these people told me... Jay watch out for Chris. He's gonna hurt you I know about his past. Don't fall for it. I just had to be the girl to prove them wrong and get my heart broken again. I'm done with you Chris. I don't want to see you again." I said continuing my walk to the car.

Is it true that the girls say I hate you to the guys that they love?
----------------

Thanks for reading! 💋