XVII.

"Yes mom I'm fine... Everything's going great."

I haven't talked to my mom in a while, so I decided to check on her.

"I miss you so much! When are you gonna come back and see ya mama?" She asked as I giggled at her being dramatic.

I was sitting on the side of August's pool and I let my feet hang in the water. I'm out here by myself because I wanted to take this call. I also have a lot on my mind.

"I'll be back to Chicago soon. Tajah and Kiki are trying to come up here to vacation with me. Maybe you can come too."

"Oh that would be so delightful. Send me some pictures of you. I haven't seen you in a while."

"Mom you know that's why they have FaceTime right?" I asked being sarcastic.

"Yeah dummy I know that, but I wanna keep pictures for myself. I have a bunch of your baby and high school pictures still. But, you're grown and I wanna see more. Send them to me and I'm not playing with you Jay." She said as I rolled my eyes in the back of my head.

"Okay mom fine."

"Some flowers were sent to the house."
She said with an uneasy look on her face.

"Flowers? For you? Ma you ain't tell me that you had a man! Tell me everything!" I semi-yelled getting anxious.

"No no no sweetheart... They were from Jacob."

I started to feel the depression all over again

I started to feel the depression all over again. It began to poor through my mental like a rushing waterfall.

Flashback
"Yeah I'm on my way to his place right now. I'll call you when I make sure everything is ok."

"Alright Jay be careful and don't forget to call me back."

"Alright Shay talk to you later... Make sure you pick up the phone."

"I promise I will."

I hung up the phone and pulled into the parking lot. I got worried because Jacob wasn't answering his phone. He got a brand new apartment right outside of the campus.

I got out of the car and grabbed my phone. My hair was in a messy ponytail and I had on a over-sized shirt from Pink. I threw on some Ugg boots and called it a day.

I walked up the stairs to his door and for some reason, it was unlocked. I got even more nervous as I walked further in.

"Jake?" I yelled out. There was no answer. I walked further in. I saw his shoes by the entrance to the kitchen and I saw a purse on the couch.

I examined the purse for a long time because it wasn't mine. I hoped that my cheating radar was lying.

Walking down the hall, I walked to the doorway of his room to see him laying on his back shirtless. Laying on top of his chest was a girl from my Anatomy 101 class. They were both knocked out sleeping.