XLV.

(Chris' POV)

"Man what happened?" Red asked as I sat back at the table.

"Man I don't know... I poured my heart out to her and she couldn't say nothing... I can tell that she's really been taking it rough. She can deny it all she wants to. But, I know her and I know when she's not at her best man." I said sitting down in the chair.

"Man you left her speechless?" August asked as I shook my head.

"Man I don't know. I guess... I'm just gonna have to leave her alone man. I don't want to let her go, but I've tried everything." I said giving up.

"Man at least we tried.... Did you tell her about you knowing about that other guy? That Prince told us about?" Red asked as I looked at him.

"Yeah..... I tried everything man... I don't wanna give up, but I think I'm gonna have to." I said pulling out my phone and looking at a picture of Jay and I. She was so happy in my arms. I just wish we could go back to that.
------------------

(Jay's POV)

"Jay what happened? Can you talk to me?" My mom was outside of my bathroom door.
Everybody else was in the living room. I wouldn't talk to them either.

"I don't wanna talk about it right now. I'll be out in a few." I said wiping my tears.

I got undressed and I went to turn the hot shower on. I looked in the mirror and my eyes were red and I had bags under them. I've been so stressed lately. I know it's unhealthy.

I looked to the corner of the mirror and I saw a picture of me and Chris stuck to it. We had our towels wrapped around us and I was sitting on the sink laughing while we was holding me. He took that picture right in this mirror. This is one of the ones he printed out.

I turned the shuffle on my phone and I stepped in the shower. As I stood in the shower, River of Tears by Alessia Cara began to play.

I sat down right under the water and let the water pour down on me. I looked at my hands and they began to shake again. As the lyrics of the song sunk into me, the tears started to stream down my face. I could tell somebody a million times that I'm okay, but in all honesty I'm not.

I didn't want to let Chris go, but I didn't know what to believe. All these people telling me the same thing and then Chris was the outlier telling me different. I've seen so many LMN movies where people warned women about a certain guy and they don't listen. Then, the worst case scenario happens.

My heart is hurting and it's getting harder to breath. I love Chris so much. That smile of his that I can spot a mile away. His little dimple, the freckles, his muscular body frame, and the way he towers over me. The way he makes me feel so secure and protected. I let all of that go because of my heart. I've been going down and people watched me drown in a River of Tears lost beneath the stream.

If I knew it was gonna hurt this much, I wish I never would've laid eyes on him.
I finished showering and I got out. I did my hygiene and I let my hair dry.

I went in my room and I went through my drawers. I picked up a big shirt. Of course it belonged to Chris. I partially smiled and I put it on along with some Uggs. I put it up in a messy bun and I walked out into the living room.

"Man you look good." Pryce said winking at me as Kiki slapped him on the back of his neck.

"Ouchhhh! Stupid!" He yelled at her.