II.

"Girl what happened some days ago? You didn't finish telling me about that guy you met." My best friend since high school said. A group of us moved out here to California a while ago.
I work for a Physical Therapy network called "Therapist on the Go". I drive to different houses and do evaluations and help my clients. I get paid some nice money.

"Well, I just met him. Never seen the guy before." I said sipping my drink. We decided to take a walk on the beach even though it's night time. I was bored out of my mind and I needed somebody to talk to.

"Have you talked to him again?"

"Nah... Not in a couple of days." I said looking down.

"Ummm Jay and why not?" Shay asked me.

"I don't knowwww... I thought he would text me." I said stirring my straw in my drink.

"Go home right now and talk to him." Shay said walking away from me to her car.

"Shay! Why you leavin!" I yelled to her over the loud waves crashing on the shore.

"Don't call me until you talk to Chris! Bye boo!" She yelled back blowing a kiss.

I rolled my eyes... It's like 11:23 p.m.
I sighed in frustration and threw my drink away. I took out my phone and checked the time. I knew it was around 11:30, and I don't have work tomorrow. I walked to my 2015 Jaguar XF and got in the car.

On the way home, I hooked up my phone to the aux cord and K. Michelle "Ain't You" came on. This is my song right here. After 10 minutes, I pulled into my parking lot and thought about texting Chris. I parked the car and I got out. Locking my doors, I walked away composing a text to send when I heard a familiar voice.

"Wassup Chicago?" I looked up and saw Chris walking at the door smiling at me.

"Ok... Hey and my name is not Chicago." I said locking my phone.

"When are gonna tell me your name?" He asked walking close to me.

"It's Jay... My name is Jay." I said looking up as he towered over me.

"Alright Jay... Where you headed?" He asked as I tried to gather up my response.

"W-well I was going inside."

"W-well I was going to go out to grab some food. Wanna join?" He asked laughing and  mocking me from when I stuttered.

"Whatever man... Mock me all you want...but sure I could go for some food. Where's ya car?" I asked walking further in the parking lot. He pointed to a huge red Jeep and a black Lamborghini.

"Both of those are yours Chris?" I asked in amazement.

"Yeah both of em are mine and no I do not sell drugs or do nothin illegal... Pick a car." He said laughing.

"Let's get in the Lambo." I said walking towards it. It was pretty and its black coat shined in the moonlight.

"Alright baby girl lets go for a ride." He said walking towards the car. When I heard "baby girl" it sent chills down my spine. I rarely get called that, then I get called this by his fine self.

"You done day dreaming about me?" He asked standing by my door while it was wide open.

"Ain't nobody thinkin bout you witcha cocky self." I said stepping inside the car.