LXXVIII.

(Chris' POV)

"Somebody wants to do a photoshoot on Jay and I for Ebony magazine." I said to August as we sat in the studio.

"That would be so good for y'all mane." August said dapping me as somebody walked in.

"Why do y'all need to do a photoshoot together? What about us Chris? I feel like you don't even want this." I heard Robyn say as she walked in.

August rolled his eyes in the back of his head.

"Hey August" She said smiling and waving.

"Sup... Chris I'll be in the other room." August said getting up and walking out. She took a seat sitting across from me.

"Why you not answering my calls? I wanted to go to get some food with you." She said putting her hand on my knee.

"I been busy..."

"Let's go get some food. I'll be outside in my car." She said getting up and walking out.

You gotta be kidding me man.

"So you just bouta leave?" August asked walking in.

"Yeah man.... Just to grab food and that's it."

"Yeah yeah whateva.... Aye I meant ta' tell you dawg." He said as a smile appeared on his face.

"Uh oh... Somebody's got an idea." I said chuckling.

"I'm thinkin bout proposin' ta' Shay."

"Ayeeeeeee Auggie wants to marry her. How sweet." I said in a girly voice as he punched me in my arm.

"Ahhh shut up. But, yeah... I wanna do it at the charity game if you don't mind." He said rubbing his hands together.

"Yeah of course man. You family, anything for you bro. You know how you gone have it planned out?" I said dapping him.

"Yeah, I gotta hit Jay up, so she can help me. I know she ain't gone say nothin. Wassup with y'all two anyways? Does she suspect anything? I just really wish you would stop messin wit Rih man. It's for ya own good. You see how badly Jay was hurt last time and you ain't do nothin. Imagine you actually doin somethin' this time and she finds out. She stopped talking to ya boy cause of dat."

I scratched the back of my head cause I knew he was right.

"Okay... Imma stop everything.... Seriously bro. After this lunch... It's gone be straight business." I said standing up.

"Did you sleep wit shorty? Don't lie ta' me Chris."

I stopped in my foot steps. I knew that question was gonna come sooner or later. Guilt started to rush through my body. I regret doing the things I did cause it wouldn't be right to my baby.

I looked at August and looked down.

"Ohhhhhh noooooo... Chris.... Nigga you crazy. You better pray that Jay doesn't find out. I'll holla at ya later mane." He said shaking his head and walking out.

I screwed up for real this time.

----------------------

(Jay's POV)

"Pryceeeee get off of meeee!" I semi- yelled as I was pushing him off of me.

We arrived to my mom's house about 10 minutes ago and Pryce heard that I was back. Everybody on the block was here. Everybody knows me from my childhood years and they heard about me being with Chris. I love the people here, but they are so nosey.

"I missed you sooooo muchhhh! You came back just for me!" He yelled out while smiling at the same time.

Red, Q, and A.J went inside to greet the family.