XCVII.

(Luke's POV)

"Stop calling my phone. I already said I'm done with you. We're over, why don't you understand that?" I said semi-yelling into the phone.

"Are you happy with her? You think she's better than me huh?" Jessie asked into the phone as I rolled my eyes.

Jessie is my ex. She's also in the music industry and goes by the name Jessie J. We used to be in a relationship, but things ended badly.

To be truly honest, she's old news. I'm focused on Jay right now. That's all that matters, so I really could care less about what Jess has to say.

"Look ... mind your business... and I know you dropped that song to get at me. That was a real mature move." I said sarcastically and shaking my head.

She released a song with Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj called "Bang Bang". Some shots were fired because of her jealousy towards Jay. But, Jay has nothing to do with this. She doesn't even know her.

"I was just letting you know that you need me. Remember that I do things that she can't." Jessie said as I groaned aloud.

"Just let me go and let me be happy. Stop calling my phone and stop texting me Jessie. Have a blessed day." I said hanging up the phone while walking.

I'm trying to move on with my life and she wants to mess things up for me. I met a new independent young woman and my feelings are growing for her. Im in a nice space and I wanna keep it that way.

(Jay's POV)

I just got a follow on Instagram from a singer also known as Jessie J. She was liking a lot of my pictures so I guess she was trying to catch my attention. So, I went to her page and I went through her pictures. I just so happened to scroll right past this...

 I just so happened to scroll right past this

"I love you❤️ @wolfjames"

My eyes bucked at the picture and the caption. So, you mean to tell me... that she's getting a feeling that Luke and I are messing around. So, she's scoping me out and trying to get my attention to let me know that she knows me.

*5 minutes after hearing "Bang Bang"

Then, this broad had the nerve to throw some shade in this song? I gotta hit up Nicki and Ari to see if they knew she was trying to be messy with this song. Nicki would most definitely let me know wassup, that's big sis. Then, I got close to Ariana after she did a song with Chris....

Dang... and I hate the fact that the song is catchy.

(Chris' POV)

Can I just have my girl back? I know there is another man in the picture. She was hesitant about answering my question, and then she got off of the phone. She is mine. I miss that girl so much man.

I remember when we would sit on the beach and I would look up at the stars with her. She would vividly describe the sounds she heard from the water and the different shapes she made in the constellations. Then, we would stay up for hours and discuss our future.

Those were the moments that counted the most. It's hard to sit up and listen to August and Shay discuss their wedding and talk to the wedding planner when that was supposed to be me. I screwed everything up. Picking up my phone, I saw a picture of her kissing my cheek on my lock screen.

A big smile spread across my face. That's still my baby girl. It hurts even more that she's carrying my baby. I can't even be there for her during the pregnancy.

"Aye mane... should I do an all white tux? Or should I do black and white? Or should I jus' do all black?" Aug asked while snapping me out of my thoughts. We were looking at clothes for the wedding. Of course I'm the best man. 

"Don't do all black man... it's a cold color but this ain't no funeral nigga." I said as we both laughed at each other.

"Ight mane imma just stick with black and white." He said while I let out a sigh.

"Ight bro.. talk ta' me... what happened?" August asked while sitting down next to me.

"Aye can I wear an all white tux? Imma be the best looking groomsmen up there." Trey said smiling and looking at August.

"Nigga no you cannot wear an all white tux. I'll end up smackin' you on my big day." August said as I laughed to myself.

"Now wassup CB?"

"She facetimed me early this morning." I said as they looked at me in amazement.

"She did!?! What happened!?" Trey asked sitting down and getting excited.

"Well she called me. That's most definitely a first. I was grateful for that to be honest. She still misses me and she still loves me." I said as they started smiling.

"Don't get happy... she said she still doesn't trust me. She's done. I also feel like there's another guy in the picture." I said shaking my head.

"Aw snap man... ion think it's somebody else... maybe she's just asking weird. I mean y'all ain't talked in a couple of months. Last time that happened, she was acting weird when you were around." Trey said.

"Nah nigga she prolly is interested in somebody else." August said as me and Trey glared at him.

"Aw my bad mane... too blunt?" August asked as I closed my eyes and I got up.

"Yeah... I really ain't wanna hear that but I know it's probably the truth. Then, I'm extremely happy for you and Shay. Trust me man. But, I messed up my own chance of getting married to the love of my freaking life. That girl got hit by a car for me and I can't even make a vow with her. She can't get dressed up in a wedding gown for me. We can't have a reception with music and dancing. We can't share our first dance in front of our friends and family. She can't even toss the bouquet of flowers to her friends." I said getting angry.

As a matter of fact, I was more sad than anything.

"At this moment, I can't hold her in my arms and rub her stomach. I can't be there for her the way I wanna be. All because of my stupidity and my ignorance. I took my girl for granted man. Now, she's out there living her life with someone else. This wasn't supposed to happen to me. I told myself I would never cheat on her. Then, here comes Robyn scurrying on along and luring me into her trap. She wasn't even worth it man. I threw away all these years that I knew Jay. Meeting her was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Now, I lost everything. My mama would be so pissed at me right now." I said as I was on the verge of tears.

I covered my face with my hands. I already knew that my face was turning red.

"Aw Chris man don't cry... Bring it in." Trey said reaching to give me a guy hug. I really needed one.

"I ain't gay, but we gone always be here for ya bro. We know you goin' through it, but you gonna have to stick this one out. You may never know... in the end she may come back to you. Y'all got a child together. You just have to hope man. That's it and that's all. She's a real one... believe you'll get her back." August said while patting my back.

She's a huge chunk of my heart. I know it's a mutual feeling. We can't live without each other. I'd do anything to get her back.

-------------------------
Sorry for the slow update 😩

Feedback? Comments?

Thanks for reading! ❤️