LXXX.

(Jay's POV)

Today is the day of the big party for my brothers! I walked towards the bathroom because I was preparing to shower. The rest of the crew are in the guest bedrooms. My mom kinda got the house renovated, so my childhood house doesn't quite look the same.

Since she got the basement all the way remodeled to another master bedroom, I decided to stay down here. I was kinda fighting over it with Q and the guys, but I won of course. But, they did come down here and chill with me all night... Along with my sisters and brother... And Pryce.

I can just claim him as my brother. But, it was so much fun hanging out with them. A.J and I were basically on snapchat all night while we all ordered food and watched movies.

Times like that, I wish Chris was around, but he wants to be stupid and do stupid stuff. Therefore, he missed out on family moments. He better not call me today either.

I heard the basement door open and I wrapped my towel around my body. I was preparing to get in the shower.

"Bestie!! Where you at!?" I heard Q yell as he came down the stairs.

"I'm right here.. Wassup?" I said walking towards him.

"I put my hair conditioner in your luggage. Can I grab it?"

I shook my head yes and he walked over to my luggage.

"Well, today should be fun right?" He said flashing a smile.

"Yeah, I think everything is gonna go great. Then, tonight when we go downtown is gonna be even better." I said getting excited.

"I know, I can't wait. Well, everybody is upstairs in the midst of setting up and getting dressed. Red is upstairs eating though. I was about to hop in the shower." He said walking towards the steps.

"Me too... I'll see y'all in a few." I said walking towards the bathroom.

"Ight... See you inna minute." He said walking upstairs and leaving out.

When he closed the door, I grabbed my phone and waltzed to the bathroom. I dropped my towel and I received a text message.

Durk‼️: Aye broski , me and Herb gone be thru inna few. I'll hit you up when we near

A smile spread across my face because I was looking forward to their arrival.

Me: Ight, just hmu

I went to my music and I played "Sexy Song" by KeKe Wyatt. This is my jam. As I turned the volume up, I set my phone on the sink and I stepped in the shower.

As the hot water hit my brown skin, I thought about how much I've been stressing lately. I need something to get my mind off of it. I closed my eyes and thought about a life with no stress.

(Red's POV)

"Red give me a piece." AJ asked for a bite out of my brownie.

"This is my special brownie. You can't handle this." I said chuckling.

"Oooooo a special brownie, I wanna taste." Tajah said snatching it out my hand.

"Girl, are you crazy? You can't have this... Jay and yo mama would kill me." I said taking it back and laughing.

"You guys if anybody rings the doorbell, can you handle it? I'm still back here getting ready." Her mom said yelling from the back.

"We got it ma!!" Tajah and I yelled at the same time.

"Nigga that's my mama." I said chuckling and pushing her gently.

"Bro, you don't even go or live here." A.J said squinting her eyes at me.

"Righttttt... Gone somewhere." Tajah said laughing.

"Whatever... Where yo sister?" I asked taking the last bite.

"She still upstairs getting ready... Just like everybody else." Tajah said as we heard the doorbell.

"I got it..." I said getting up to answer the door. I looked through the peep hole, then I opened the door.

"Wassup bro" He said dapping me.

"Wassup Brown? I ain't know you was coming this early, you said later." I said as he walked in.

Jay probably gone be pissed at me, but at least he wanted to come support.

"Ayeeeee big brother!!" Tajah semi-yelled as she ran up to hug him.

"Wassup lil sis? Wassup A.J?" He said hugging Tajah and dapping A.J.

"Jay mad at you.... So, I'm mad at you." She said putting a smirk on her face.

"Man she ain't been answering my calls or nothin... Where she at?" He asked as I closed the door.

"In the basement, open the door and go downstairs." I said pointing to the door.

"What you do Chris?" Tajah asked crossing her arms.

"I'll tell you later I promise." He said smiling and muffing her as she slapped his hand away. He opened up the door to the basement and closed it as he walked down the stairs.

"She gone get you Red." A.J said chuckling hysterically.

"Blood I already know." I said rolling my eyes in the back of my head.

Now I need a blunt.

(Chris' POV)

I wanted to make it up to Jay and her family, so I flew out here to Chicago and Red gave me the address. I called her mom earlier and I wanted her to approve of my arrival of course. She was all for it cause she loves me. Everybody loves ya boy.

Even though Jay is upset at me, I wanted to see her. As I walked down the steps, I heard the shower on and I heard music playing. I checked my surroundings and I must say this is was a beautiful house. Looking at the walls, I noticed some of the baby pictures.

I saw a couple pictures of Tae holding Jay as a baby. Then, I saw a collage of her playing outside in the grass. I smiled to myself looking at my princess.

The shower in the bathroom turned off. So, I walked towards the bed and I set my bag down. I decided to take a seat as well. She was gonna go nuts when she saw me, but who cares.

(Jay's POV)

Stepping out the shower, I grabbed my towel and I dried off. I finally relaxed my mind and took a deep breath. As I pulled my shower cap off, my hair fell down past my shoulders. I flat ironed it last night for today.

I grabbed my phone and I opened up the door. Walking out, I headed towards my luggage to grab some of my things. As I was doing so, I got a weird vibe. Bending down to grab my lotion and deodorant, I heard a voice. The husky tone scared me and I froze like a deer in headlights.

He sat there with the slickest smirk on his face.

"I missed you baby girl." He said as I stale-faced him.

Why was he here?

Why didn't I know he was coming?

How did he find me?

Here I am trying to get away from stress, yet stress is sitting on my bed.

-----------------------
Sorry the story is moving kind of slow. 😩 be prepared for the next chapter!

Love you guys!

Thanks for reading! ❤️