XXXIII.

9:34a.m

I woke up to banging at my door. Why in the world is anybody banging on my door at this time of the morning?

"WHO IS IT!?" I yelled out while walking to the door and rubbing my eyes.

"Guess who!" I heard from the other side. I looked through the peephole to see Red. I opened up the door and I crossed my arms.

"Red... What do you want?" I said walking away from the door.

"Well I see somebody isn't a morning person... I missed you!" He said with so much excitement.

"Red I just saw you last night." I said laughing and walking in the kitchen as I heard the door close.

"Can you cook me something? I missed your food." He said sitting down on top of the counter.

"You sure about that?" I asked smirking.
Last time I put something in his food because he was being disrespectful.

"Yes please please please?" He begged.

"Ok Red.." I said. I guess I could be nice this time.

"Okay just let me know when the food is ready." He said walking and sitting on the couch and turning on the tv. I shook my head because he was acting like this was his home.
Chris sure does have a nice group of friends.

--------------

"Man your French toast is the bomb. It almost tastes like its from a restaurant." He said chomping down on his food like a child that hasn't eaten in forever.

"Well, you know I try." I said being cocky.

"Okay don't turn cocky on me.... Did you enjoy the party?" He asked as he went to the fridge to get some orange juice.

"Yeah.... Prince really knows how to throw a party. It was so much fun and I haven't been skating in so long." I said remembering the party.

"You ain't see me fall did you?" He asked while chuckling.

"You fell? And I missed it!? Ughhhh!" I yelled out dramatically.

"I'm glad you ain't see me... If you was by me I would've pulled you down with me." He said laughing hysterically. I gave him the death glare.

"If you did I would've killed you." I said walking away from the kitchen.

"Whatever... What you doin today?"

"Nothin I don't think... This is gonna be my chill day. How about you?" I said sitting on the couch.

"Imma probably go to the club later... Hit up a couple of my homies and go to they crib." He said finishing his plate and walking towards the sink.

"I know y'all bouta get high like it ain't no tomorrow." I said laughing.

"Nigga you already know!" He said yelling from the kitchen.

He walked over to the couch with his orange juice after washing his plate.

"So you bouta chill here all day? Without Chris? That's a first." He said chuckling and sitting down.

"Yeah that is a first... I just wanna be myself today... I don't really wanna talk about it." I said playing with my hair.

"I'm sorry to hear that... You know if you need somebody to talk to or you need somebody to mess wit you, I'm one phone call away." He said standing up.

"Thanks Red..." I said dapping him from the couch. He was like my homie now I guess.

"I'll talk to you later... Keep ya head up lil Red... Thanks for the breakfast! Take it easy." He said waving bye and walking out of the door.

I shook my head and chuckled.

---------------
5:26p.m

(Chris' POV)

"This party is about to be live bro! Chris you gotta go!" Jamal yelled out from upstairs.

I haven't heard from Jay all day. I figured that she was still upset at me. I mean, she does have a right to be. I wasn't honest with her.

"Come on, it'll get your mind off of things." Trey said trying to cheer me up.

"Ion know man..." I said slouching down into the couch.

"We not sayin go out and get another girl. We just sayin come on and have fun wit us for a while. We ain't been to the club inna minute.

"Ight man where we going?" I asked getting up to get dressed.

"Ace of Diamonds" Trey said brushing his waves.

"I ain't know we was goin there. I know fa' sho Imma end up getting drunk." August said going to get something to eat from the fridge.

"I'm not gone get drunk." I said walking up the stairs. The last time I got drunk I was with Malorie.

"Yes you are stupid." Jamal said laughing.

"No I am not." I said shaking my head.

--------------
(Jay's POV)

9:26 p.m

*by the seaside ringtone*

"Who the heck is calling me." I groaned out while picking up my phone. I had just fallen off to sleep.

"Hello?" I asked sounding annoyed.

"Hello, is this Ms. Lovato?"

"Who's asking?" I asked with a confused face.

"This is Sergeant Williams calling to inform you about a bad accident your brother was in."

"What!? Is he ok!? Where is he?" I asked jumping up to put my clothes on.

"We are at the naval base in San Diego."

I forgot they were in San Diego... That's almost a 3 hour drive.

"Um okay... Do you know what hospital he was sent to?"

"He is here at the base in Urgent Care. You can come here when you arrive. When you arrive at the army gate, ask for me." He said as I was running to find my car keys.

"Alright thank you so much... I'm in LA so it's gonna take me a while. I will be there soon. Please tell him to hold tight." I said grabbing my shoes.

"I surely will. See you soon." He said as I hung up the phone.

I can't believe my brother got hurt. He's been in the Navy ever since he graduated and he's never been in an accident. I wonder what happened. I need to call Chris and ask him to come with me... I really need him right now.

I tried calling him twice and there was no answer.
-----------------
Is her brother gonna make it? 😔

Thanks for reading! 💘