XVIII.

(Chris' POV)

"Nigga, Nicki Minaj looks way better than Beyoncé." Red said as he was in an argument with Jamal.

"But, Beyoncé can blow the roof off of this house." Trey said.

"Yeah yeah she can but we talkin about looks... Not singing. My nigga, get your priorities straight." Red said taking a hit of his blunt.

"Sis would prolly kill you if she caught you smokin." August said chuckling.

"She ain't gone do nothin to me cause she ain't around. She ain't gotta know nada." He said blowing out the smoke.

"Aye CB, you did a good job. I'm glad you wifed her up. I almost took her away from you when I saw her innat dress." Trey said chuckling.

"You wasn't gone take nun away. Thats why she lives across the hall from me in my building nigga."

"If you ain't know, I'm Mr.Steal Yo Girl." He said popping his collar. Ion know where get that stupidity from.

"Nah she don' want you. She wanna come n vibe wit a rich nigga." I said slouching down in my seat and sending him a shady smirk.

"Ayeeee he just punk'd you my brotha." August said laughing and dapping me.

Trey stuck up his middle finger at the both of us as we all ended up laughing.

"Where is she anyway? I ain't seen her inna while." I asked.

"Awnnnn lover boy is getting paranoid." Jamal said cooing as Trey joined in.

"She said she had to take a phone call outside by the pool." Trey said catching my attention.

"Ight I'll be right back." I said walking away from the group.

"Aye tell her to come back so we can play Uno." Red said looking through his phone.

"You sound like a little kid." Jamal said shaking his head.

"Shut up nigga! Uno is for all ages. You sound stupid."

"No nigga you sound stupid! One year olds can't play."

I proceeded to walk out back by the pool. She was no where to be found.

"Baby girl!" I yelled out and got no answer.

"Jay where you at!?" I yelled out again. There still was no answer. I looked to the side of the pool and saw her phone. I walked closer to the pool and saw bubbles coming from the water. I walked around the other side to see what was going on.

I saw Jay at the bottom of the pool with her eyes closed. Something was wrong and I gotta do something quick.

"August!!" I yelled out and taking my clothes off at the same time.

"August!!!! Hurry!!" I tried yelling even louder.

He came out the door fast.

"Get me some towels and hurry up!"

"What's wrong dawg?" He asked me with a confused facial expression.

"August hurry and get the towels!" I yelled out before jumping into the pool. I swam all the way to the bottom of the deep end and scooped her up in my arms. I kicked my feet and swam to the top. I came to the edge of the pool and put her body on the ground. I got out of the pool, sat next to her, and held her in my arms.

"Baby? Come on baby girl... Talk to me." I said trying to help her gain her consciousnesses. I heard the guys come out as they surrounded me.

"Aye Chris what's wrong?" Jamal asked getting worried.

I opened her eye lid with my fingers. She was alive, but her body was going into shock.

"What's wrong wit Lil Red man? Is she okay? Should I call 911?"

"I found her at the bottom of the pool. I don't know what's going on." I said as August handed me a towel.

I checked for a pulse and she was definitely alive.

"Come on Jay I'm right here."

After a couple of seconds of proper CPR, she was now conscious and she woke up coughing ... Then she started crying. It was almost like she was continuing from a previous crying session.

"I couldn't take it anymore! I just couldn't go through it again!" She screamed and cried out. The guys were as confused as I was. But, that wasn't gonna stop us from comforting her.

"Sis you're alright now... Everythang is gon' be alright." August said kneeling down to our level and trying to calm her down.

"Baby girl what's wrong?" I asked as she was still crying.

"I'm sorry Chris but I can't.... I can't let it happen again." She repeated while more tears streamed down her face.

"You can't what? What happened? Talk to me please." I begged her as I grazed my thumb across her cheek. She got up out of my grip and stood up. She took the towel and walked away crying.

"What did I do?" I asked the guys trying to figure out what I did wrong.

"She changed up so fast... I don't know man." Red said scratching the back of his head.

"Lemme go holla at her real quick. C'mon Chris jus stand by and listen." August said to me as we walked into his house. We assumed that she would be in our room. But, as we walked up the stairs and looked in my room, she wasn't in there.

We heard crying coming from down the hallway.

"She in the bathroom." I said as we walked towards the door. August twisted the knob and the door was locked.

"Sis, it's me... What's goin on witcha? You know you can talk to me." August said as we waited for her to respond.

"I'm scared Aug." She said as she was still sniffling.

"Of what Jay?" August asked and looked at me.

"Of getting my heart broken again. I can't go through with the heartache." She said as her voice cracked.

The more I heard her cry the more my heart started to hurt. I don't know what she was talking about, but I need to get to the bottom of it.

"Jay can you open up the door for me? I wanna talk to you." I asked getting closer to the door.

"I can't Chris... I don't want you to see me like this."

"You know that the way you look won't change the way I feel. Please open up."

"I can't be with you Chris." She said as I heard her voice crack.

What?
------------------
😳😳😳😳😳😳

Well then 🌚

Thanks for reading!