XCIII.

(Jay's POV)

As I left the security checkpoint, I walked through the La Guardia Airport in New York. I have a lay over here. I scrolled through my Instagram while walking and I saw a quote that said "You will be happy again, you will be more yourself than ever, you will understand your heart better when you heal, you will be ok". I put on a half smile and I locked my screen.

Walking over to the screen with a list of flights, I looked up to find mine.

As I stared at the screen.... I felt the presence of someone behind me. It was a tall figure. I looked out of the corner of my eye hoping that it wasn't Chris. But, I saw chocolate covered skin. I let out a sigh of relief and I looked back at the board.

I set my bag down on the ground because it was a little heavy. My MacBook and other things are in there.

"Flight 30B.... leaving at 4:25p.m..." The guy behind me said as he read the information for the same flight I would be on.

I turned around to see who I'd be on the same flight with. My eyes showed admiration as I looked to see a nice fine piece of milk chocolate standing before me.

"Hi, you need some help with your bags?" He asked with a deep tone and a smile.

"Ummmm... nah I think I got it. Thank you though." I said with a smile. I looked at the time and I saw it was 2:20 p.m. I have a lot of time left.

"Are you here by yourself?" He asked.

"Yes I am. Are you?"

 Are you?"

"Yes...I'm Luke... nice to meet you---"

"Jay... my name is Jay." I said as we smiled and we both shook hands.

He looked down at my stomach and he noticed I was pregnant. I thought he was gonna stop trying to talk to me after he saw it. But, surprisingly he didn't.

"Well, my flight doesn't leave until 4:25... how about you?" He asked waiting for me to answer.

"It seems to me that we will be on the same plane." I said as we both chuckled.

"Well, Ms. Jay, do you wanna go grab some food?" He asked as he showcased a beautiful white smile.

"I would love to..." I said as he grabbed my bag and his. I was loving this fine gentleman.

(20 minutes later)

"Wow I've never been to New Orleans before. I was supposed to go on a class trip there freshman year in high school, but I didn't feel like it." I said as he laughed at me.

"You really missed out. My city is amazing." He said smiling as we looked through the menu.

"You been to Chicago?"

"Girl I been almost everywhere. But, Chicago is one of my favorites."

"Yeah.... my city likes to show off to newbies." I said laughing.