XLVIII.

(Jay's POV)

"Ummm where have you been?" Tajah asked as snuck in the door.

"Ma ...Jay's back!" Tae Tae yelled out with a bowl of cereal in his hand.

"Look .. This is my house.. Ion need to sneak in.. Yeah I'm back!" I semi-yelled and laughed to myself.

"Baby where have you been?" Pryce asked walking out of my room.

"Pryce I know you ain't sleep in my bed."

"I kept it nice and warm for you." He said winking at me and making his way to the kitchen.

I walked to the guest room and saw my mom watching tv.

"Baby you are glowing.... Are you alright?" She asked me while laughing.

"Yes everything is wonderful." I said smiling and sitting down next to her.

"I smell man cologne... You were with him weren't you?" She asked looking straight at me.

"Ummm yeah... I was..."

"You spent the night at his place and everything... You got some didn't you?" She asked examining my face.

"Mom what?!" I asked while laughing hysterically.

"Last night you were all bummed out... This morning, you look like a new person... Your brown skin is literally glowing. There are no bags under your eyes. Your smile is brighter than ever and you smell like that boy I'm sure. I know my child is a undercover freak." She said getting up and walking out of the room.

I put my face in my hands and laughed.

"I wanna meet him Jay!" She yelled from the living room. Of course she wants to. The whole family is gonna want to.
--------------

"So girl.... You know what are we gonna wear?" A.J asked as we were walking through the mall.

"I have no idea... Maybe we should match."
I said with this little kid grin on my face and A.J looked at me and laughed.

"That's a good idea but why are you so giddy... I haven't seen you get this happy in the last 2 months since you've seen C.... Wait you saw Chris didn't you?" She asked trying to put the pieces together.

All I did was look through more dresses with the same grin on my face.

"Girl...... Y'all back together aren't y'all?" She asked hugging me and picking me up.

"Yes girl.... Even better.... We kindaaaa.." I said prolonging the sentence.

"Oh my gosh.... He put it down didn't he?!" She asked as people looked and we laughed aloud. We are a crazy bunch. I get it from her though.

"Girl yes.... I realized that I couldn't run from him forever. I needed him ya know? So I told him and one thing led to another. I feel so rejuvenated." I whispered so that only the two of us could hear.

"Girlll you're gone be happier when we go to this club tonight. You're in store for a big surprise." She said getting excited.

"What surprise? What's going on?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Darling it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you. Did you listen to mixtape? You know like the last 3 songs were most definitely about you. All I Need was about you too because you guys met in the lobby remember? He put that in the song."

"Yeah I know... I listened to the songs. That's another reason why I had to go talk to him."
I said picking up a black dress.