LII.

"So you must be the guy my sister is always talkin about." Tae said looking at Chris.

That's the sentence he starts off with? Come on Tae stop trynna act all cordial and what not. You ain't my dad.

"Yeah that's me... You must be the brother that's in the Navy." Chris said to him as I shook my head at these two.

"The one and only." Tae said responding back.

"Tae sweetheart who is that at the door----" My mom said as she made it to the doorway. She looked at Chris then back at me.

"Hi mom" I said smiling.

"Hi Jay... Hi sweetheart, you must be Chris." My mom said smiling as Chris mirrored it.

"Yes ma'am" He said holding out his hand to shake it, but she brought him in for a warming hug.

"Oh we hug in this family." She said smiling. My mama know good and well this family don't hug people like that. She just doing it cause Chris is attractive and he's with me. She ain't foolin nobody.

"Alright enough with this, can we save the rest for dinner tomorrow?" I asked as everybody turned the attention to me.

"Aye man nice to meet you, but it's past her curfew. Get yo narrow behind in this house." Pryce said to me as he was coming back to the door.

"Pryce you ain't my daddy and this is my condo. Can y'all give me a minute with him please?" I asked while looking at them.

"Ight man we can resume this tomorrow. Have a nice night." Tae said dapping Chris and going back inside.

"Mom can you give us a minute? Please?"

"Oh yeah yeah I'm so sorry sweety... Chris hun it was nice to meet you. See you tomorrow." She said hugging him again and going back inside. I'm still trying to figure out why Pryce was still at the door.

"Pryce can you go away?" I asked pushing him inside.

"We gone have a serious talk about our relationship when you come in. You ain't right man." He said closing the door in my face.

I shook my head and groaned.

"I'm sorry you have to excuse my family." I said chuckling.

"It's okay... I'm cool with it. So wassup wit Pryce? He a family member? Cousin? Cause if he like you like dat I hope he knows that's incest." He asked chuckling and wrapping his hands around my waist.

"He's one of the neighbors that was on the block I grew up in. He's underage so you don't have to worry about him. He knows we ain't in no relationship." I said looking up at Chris laughing.

"What about ya brother? You think he cool wit me?"

"Well we won't know until dinner tomorrow. I'm pretty sure he's gonna like you. You see that my mom already does." I said laughing.

"She's very sweet and heartwarming. You guys look just alike though. Same personalities too." He said kissing my lips.

"You haven't even met my sisters yet."

"Oh yeah I forgot about them. Where are they?"

"They're probably sleeping or on their phones somewhere." I said laying my head on his chest.