XL.

(Jay's POV)

I woke up this morning and I decided to go for a jog.

I put this on and I grabbed my headphones and phone

"Aye... I'll be back in a few... I made you breakfast, it's at the table." I said walking into the guest room.

"Where you goin?" My brother asked sitting up on the bed.

"Obviously for a jog....I know you lost some of your ability to walk, but did you lose vision to?" I asked being sarcastic.

"Oh shut up and get out." He said throwing a pillow at me.

"Aw okay... I'll throw your breakfast away." I said walking out.

"No no no!! Okay I'm sorry I'll see you later." He begged as I walked out the door.

I made it to the first floor and I saw A.J. She came up to my place last night and we talked a lot. She was really there for me to vent to. I appreciated that.

"Hey honey bun where are you going?" She asked coming around the desk to give me a hug.

"Just going to take a jog and to clear my mind ya know?" I said plugging my headphones into my phone.

"Well alright.... The weather is perfect..and be careful along that water."

"Alright I'll see you later." I said walking out the door and down the street.

I started to jog as Come Thru by Drake played in my ears. This is one of my favorite songs from Nothing Was The Same.

I just started to think about the things that's happened to me since I moved down here. Was any of it normal? I was knocked out of my thoughts as I heard honking.

"What the...." I said stopping in my tracks and seeing Red roll down the window of his car.

"Hey my little Red... How you doin on this fine morning? Wanna go grab breakfast?"

"I'm really trying to finish my workout and you're kinda messing me up. If I eat a big breakfast, that's cheating." I said chuckling lightly.

"You ain't never passed up no food... I saw this girl running and her ponytail was just swinging back and forth. Then I saw a birthmark on her back that looked familiar. I said to myself, that looks just like Jay. Cause you know you used to try and wear them fast little crop tops that showed half of your back. Then Chris would make you go change." He said as we both started to chuckle.

"Look, I wanna tell you I had no idea what was going on with Chris." Red said informing me.

"It's alright... Red I'm fine. I thank you for checking up on me and I will take your offer on breakfast another time." I said smiling and backing up.

"Alright lil Red, keep ya head up Ight? Call me if you need me." He asked.

"Ight." I said as he drove off like a crazy person. He really shouldn't drive while he's high.

I continued to jog and I ran past people. I blasted my music this time. I needed to be focused.

---------------

I've been working out for about an hour and I was exhausted. I'm trying to figure out if I'm gonna take an Uber back home.

I bought a bottle of water from a cafe near by. I walked out on the beach and took a seat on the bench.

I thought about what nice pictures could be taken on the shore. It was such beautiful scenery. I remember coming to the beach one night with Chris. I groaned aloud in frustration. I cannot get that man out of my head.

"Hey is this seat taken?" I shook my head no and continued to drink from my bottle.

"You must be really thirsty... You must've been running a long time." The deep voice said as I put the top back on the bottle of water. I looked to my right and I saw him. I haven't seen him since the night I found him. The night that I would never forget. It was him. I stood up and walked away quickly. How did he find me?

"Jay wait! I just wanna talk to you I promise!" He yelled out to me

"Go away Jacob and leave me alone!" I yelled back picking up the pace. I walked up some steps and I felt him grab my wrist.

"Just please sit down and talk to me. I just wanna talk that's it. Trust me this time."

"I can't trust you.... Why should I?" I asked yanking my wrist back from his grip.

"I wanna make things right and there are some things I wanna get off of my chest. Please just sit down and talk to me." He said looking me in my eyes.

"I don't know Jacob... How did you even find me? Why are you out here?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I wanted to find you and talk to you. Is that such a crime? I'm gonna be out here for a while anyways. Just please, I won't take up too much of your time. You look very beautiful by the way. You haven't changed a bit." He said as a smile peered on his lips.

"I know I'm still beautiful." I said rolling my eyes.

"I see you still cocky too... Come on... Stop being stubborn and come talk to me. It's a place down the street that has really good French toast. I know you still love it right?" He asked as another smile appeared on his face. That charm of his. He still is handsome, but trust me. I will not be getting into a relationship with him again. That was the last straw.

As we walked down the street together, it brought back so many memories. I looked at him and his caramel skin was glowing in the sunlight. He has a nose piercing now. It's weird how he still wants to try and make things right with me. I know he messed up, but I hope he doesn't think that we're getting back together.

Hopefully we can just be friends.
-----------------

Jacob came outta the cut real quick 😅

The picture in the multi-media was taken by yours truly. I thought the scenery was really pretty, so I snapped the moment. 🌚

Thanks for reading!💋